Royal Court Royal Tea soon on all four Disney ships!

I did this on my last cruise with my dd5. It may seem steep but I felt it was worth most of the cost. My dd received a cinderella jewelry box, very nice photo/signature album with pen, personalized photo of her with the three princesses in a nice frame that was waiting for us in our cabin, and a cinderella doll. The bracelet and necklace were in the jewelry box but each princess handed out the charms personally. For me it was worth my dd's reaction as these princesses are what she's into right now. Will we do it ever again, heck no. Once was enough. Plus my dd is lactose intolerant and they made her special sandwiches and desert so she wasnt left out of the tea party.

regarding who can attend:

Please note that this special experience is designed for children ages 3 to 12 and their parents. Each child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, 18 years of age or older. Children in attendance ages 13 to 17 will be charged the adult price. Solo adults are not eligible for this event.

so i guess i'll have to borrow someone's child :)

It is pricey and not for everyone, but I guess out of 2700-4000 guests on board, just like with the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Concierge staterooms, there will be enough demand for those celebrating a special voyage to get the pricey tea package, maybe just once.

When would this be offered on a 4n dream cruise? Sea day or Nassau day? Is it offered at different times during the day or just one set time each day? Thank you

We were invited to a free Princess Tea on our 2015 WBPC cruise. That was lovely...for free. On the WBPC cruises, there are so few children that each child naturally gets a lot of one on one time with characters.

Considering our entire 14 night cruise cost us just over $4,000.00, there is NO WAY I would ever pay $489 to attend a tea. Nope. Not happening.
I am hoping that the "free" tea is not going away on Panama Canal cruises now that they are adding the one from the Fantasy. There used to be a simpler tea with Alice or other character on cruises longer than seven days, but less than 14, and it was discontinued about a year ago. We will have to wait and see.

When would this be offered on a 4n dream cruise? Sea day or Nassau day? Is it offered at different times during the day or just one set time each day? Thank you
It is usually offered only once during the cruise, so it is very limited.

We did an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party - for FREE - on the Magic 5(?) years ago. My daughter enjoyed it. Now that she's out of the princess stage I definitely wouldn't book this....and at that price, I'd probably skip it regardless. There's price gouging and then there's Disney price gouging.

We did an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party - for FREE - on the Magic 5(?) years ago. My daughter enjoyed it. Now that she's out of the princess stage I definitely wouldn't book this....and at that price, I'd probably skip it regardless. There's price gouging and then there's Disney price gouging.
That FREE tea was discontinued about a year ago. We enjoyed that simpler one as well when they offered it.

regarding who can attend:

Please note that this special experience is designed for children ages 3 to 12 and their parents. Each child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, 18 years of age or older. Children in attendance ages 13 to 17 will be charged the adult price. Solo adults are not eligible for this event.

so i guess i'll have to borrow someone's child :)

Or those of us solo adults (or even childless adult couples) who think it's cool should make it known that we are interested and maybe they can do an equivalent-ish one for adults only - solo and otherwise! :)

Or those of us solo adults (or even childless adult couples) who think it's cool should make it known that we are interested and maybe they can do an equivalent-ish one for adults only - solo and otherwise! :)
Well, there used to be (quite some time ago) a High Tea offered in Palo. It was discontinued, and DCL extended the hours available for the brunch. Maybe something like that (but in one of the dining rooms) for adults. With princesses/characters in attendance.

Last edited:
I normally would have been interested (loooove high tea) but it really seems to be intended for young children (3 to 12).

Also, High Tea is 36$ at the Ritz Carleton...

It does not seem like it would be a good investment for adults. (+ I don't think you can can attend without children anyway...)

That's too bad.

Last edited:
I normally would have been interested (loooove high tea) but it really seems to be intended for young children (3 to 12).

Also, High Tea is 36$ at the Ritz Carleton...

It does not seem like it would be a good investment for adults. (+ I don't think you can can attend without children anyway...)

That's too bad.
How funny, I thought the EXACT same thing about the Ritz Carlton tea! I even typed it before editing my comment for brevity.

One of my favorite parts of our Princess cruise to Alaska were the afternoon teas with white-glove service. My sister and I were young teenagers, and we LOVED it; we went every day it was available, with my mother and grandmother. We still talk about how much we enjoyed that; never had anything like that on our eventual cruises on other lines. I believe Princess still does that, and it's very silly - but it is one of the reasons I would like to take a Princess cruise when DD is a few years older: so she, my mother, and I can attend those teas on the sea when DD is the same age I was! There was no additional charge for that, either. Perhaps that's why the cost for the royal tea seems so astronomical to me; even the adult-only fee (without toys, etc included) seems quite high.

I think my daughter would love this, she will be 6 when we cruise. The price tag is SO high tho!! this cruise is going to make me go broke! lol.. between this, our excursion in Nassau, I would LOVE to go a couples massage, etc... I need to get a third job.

On my upcoming 4 night Dream cruise in January, it is offered on the sea day at 3:00pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter