Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Dependent on when you run the 10k I have a different attainable goal in mind, but I'll keep it to myself. Same for the HM time for the fall. I've got a time in mind that I think you could hit. Just depends on how life and training go!

Secrets, secrets are no fun! But, ok go ahead and keep them secret....less pressure on me at this current moment in time, haha

Also, I'm cool with keeping my paces as is right now too. Feel pretty locked and loaded on them. Will take it easy tonight and get me that "Pluto"

Your goals look awesome! Definitely very attainable if you put in the work (and I know you're willing to do that!).

In terms of the water vs. soda ... I gave up soda a few years back. It's been so long that I don't remember how easy or hard it was, but what I do know is ... if you put a glass of soda in front of me now, I'll drink it, but I really won't enjoy it. It just tastes weird to me now. So you'll definitely stop feeling like you need it at some point.
You can do it!

I just read that the new season of Bachelor starts on Jan 2nd. Just in time for me to not run on Monday nights. It's called "priorities"!

pluto:! Next stop Minnie.

Used a vacation day today and went and chopped my hair short and dyed it dark!!!
IMG_8508.JPG
Don't judge the bathroom pic, I'm in a Starbucks because I needed coffee! Gonna go spend some gift cards and see my momma. And is it weird I kinda want to do lil short jog today just because I can? But then I'd have to mess up the 'do? Don't worry though, I made sure it'a long enough for a ponytail.

Question for the ladies: if you had $20 off $50 at Sephora...what do you splurge on? Cause that's my next shopping stop :)

Love the haircut!!

I got that same coupon. I'm trying a skin kit from Drunk Elephant that I like so I may out the coupon toward something else from them. :)

pluto:! Next stop Minnie.

Used a vacation day today and went and chopped my hair short and dyed it dark!!!
View attachment 208635
Don't judge the bathroom pic, I'm in a Starbucks because I needed coffee! Gonna go spend some gift cards and see my momma. And is it weird I kinda want to do lil short jog today just because I can? But then I'd have to mess up the 'do? Don't worry though, I made sure it'a long enough for a ponytail.

Question for the ladies: if you had $20 off $50 at Sephora...what do you splurge on? Cause that's my next shopping stop :)

Love the haircut!!

I got that same coupon. I'm trying a skin kit from Drunk Elephant that I like so I may out the coupon toward something else from them. :)

Love the haircut! So cute!

I also got the same coupon. I don't wear make up often although I've been told I should more. Hahaha! However, I think I'm going to buy these bite amuse bouche duo lipsticks. They're pretty crazy once you add the top coat, but I think I'll try them out when I go to Vegas or if I ever get to watch Hedwig and the Angry Inch again. Since I grew up a tom boy, I'm a sucker for glittery nail polishes (zoya is the best!) and shiny things! If you like eyeshadow, you can get Naked's Smoky Palette - it's on sale for $27.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I checked out that smokey eyeshadow (it's nice!) but I have way too many right now (see farther down in this post). I may have hinted to my mom about it for Xmas :) I did see a foundation that looked cool while by the UD stuff and got that. Then added a blush because it was purty and on the way to the checkout.
IMG_8536.JPG
IMG_8513.JPG
Also Drunk Elephant is what I feel like after looking at skincare prices!

But you've come here for my running updates!
This morning hubby made his 20 races goal a reality. I got the texted to me while at swim school with my kiddo
IMG_8537.JPG
31:05 not too shabby. Sounds like it was identical course to Ditka dash. But more festive and with cookie stations. He said he grabbed one and took a bite, then shoved it in his pocket which was a mistake.
He also sent me this pic which speaks for itself...
IMG_8535.JPG

After lunch when we were all back home I heard the best sentence ever "go ahead and do your run, then you can nap afterwards". I couldn't find my watch though!!! (We later found it in my kid's overnight grandma bag, phew). So my long run was without a watch.
I did 3.1 because I know the course but then did some extra to get home. It was cold but my body liked that. My last mile was a tad fast at 10:00(based on my phones clock)...must've been wanting to get to that nap. But I think it was more that I was messing in my head with the stride and cadence discussions and it sped me up. I forgot how "snotty" I get in the cold weather and will bring Kleenex next time (TMI?) Hey, I will earn my Minnie on Tuesday! Got this in the mail today to keep me organized with my monthly mileage.
IMG_8538.JPG
Yes, the color matching my purse was intentional.
The nap was glorious btw! All three of us at home snoozed together. Kiddo in her own bed because she's sooooo wiggly.

Because I'm getting all my cyber Monday splurges, it was a good mail day. Got my mystery bag from Too Faced. And it's real good!
IMG_8512.JPG
Yes that's a cat themed eyeshadow! Remind me again that I have too much eyeshadow. And my attempt to use this stuff came out ok.
IMG_8525.JPG
I think I got a lil heavy handed, haha!

And because I'm pic happy, I made Italian wedding soup for dinner with veggies and cooked wheatIMG_8534.JPG

Man, I'm tired reading this post!

Plan for the week is to get at least 6-7 miles during the week and then a 4 or 5 mile run on the weekend. Doable!

We see Santa tomorrow so pray for my sanity...it's always an adventure with how kiddo will react.

I wrote all that up there and forgot my tsum tsum advent spoilers :)

IMG_8539.JPG a little cookie stacker that a mini will fit inside

IMG_8540.JPG santa Bambi!

IMG_8531.JPG yes, we jumped the gun on tomorrow. It was a mini Marie covered in sparkles. The big Marie we already had.

Ooooh...love the Too Faced grab bag!! I wish I had seen that!

Yeah, skin care is NOT cheap...I can say from experience after a lifetime of dermatology visits/prescriptions. :rolleyes2

Also...time for you to master the art of the snot rocket! ;) Running is a gross sport.

Ooooh...love the Too Faced grab bag!! I wish I had seen that!

Yeah, skin care is NOT cheap...I can say from experience after a lifetime of dermatology visits/prescriptions. :rolleyes2

Also...time for you to master the art of the snot rocket! ;) Running is a gross sport.

The Too Faced bag happens every Cyber Monday. So if you can remember next year...or I can remember to remind you!
I guess it's time to remove my Southern Belle training from my brain. I'm gonna totally be a dork the first time I try...and totally am going to look all around to make sure no people can see me. This is gonna be terrible or liberating...or both.

Great job on the eye make up!

When I get snotty running, I act like a kid and wipe it all over my clothes. :crazy2:

Thank you! I don't always wear makeup...but when I do...I wear ALL OF THE MAKEUP! Sometimes "more is more."

Ok, so at least I have a backup plan if the snot rocket fails.

This is exactly why I don't wear singlets or sleeveless tri suits - there's no place to wipe the sweat or snot.

So if I invent a waterproof wristband just for runner goo...perhaps it can have a slot for tissues to come out of but at the same time can be for wiping and washable? Maybe we could go on Shark Tank with it.

Love the eyeliner and shadow- looks great!

The one good thing about winter running is your gloved hands make great kleenexes :crazy2:
The soup looks yummy!

And now I need to go through my gloves to see which ones are the softest for my nose!
The soup was yummy....I'm finding I can tolerate less salty soups now that I've trained myself not to be so reliant on salty stuff. I used the hot water that I cooked the wheat and pasta in, instead of stock. So someone else may say this was a little bland but I really liked it. I did add parmesan cheese, so I can't say I was totally 100% being super healthy.

So if I invent a waterproof wristband just for runner goo...perhaps it can have a slot for tissues to come out of but at the same time can be for wiping and washable? Maybe we could go on Shark Tank with it.

And now I need to go through my gloves to see which ones are the softest for my nose!

My cold weather running gloves and the cycling gloves I borrowed once from a friend both have dedicated fleece on the back to facilitate wiping. Your invention might be too late. ;)

My cold weather running gloves and the cycling gloves I borrowed once from a friend both have dedicated fleece on the back to facilitate wiping. Your invention might be too late. ;)

Drat...isn't that always the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter