Room at Atlantis?

TinkNanny

Mouseketeer
This will be our first cruise...ever!

Is it worth it to get a room at Atlantis for the day there? I know if we go to Dig, my DD will want to do Slides.
Will it be to time consuming for one day?

Traveling with DH & DD(12)...

We booked a room at the atlantis. We never really used the room but if you wanted to take a nap it would have been nice. It does allow you to ride all of the slides, use the pools and have towels. It also includes a tour of the aquariam which is nice.

My kids were 4 and 6 and they are very strict about height requirements. So they did not allow them down about 75% of the slides. I would definately do it again if my kids are tall enough! I think we got to do more for as much as the cost of one of the excursions. AND the best part was the kids and I played at the pool while daddy gambled and he ended making enough to pay for the room! So free day! :banana:

Last year instead of the Atlantis we booked a room at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island (choicehotels.com), a bit cheaper than the Atlantis but right in the same parking lot with all the same access to the Atlantis facilities including charging stuff to your room.
We paid $171.00 for a suite for 4.

I am still not sure if we will do Atlantis or not, but I checked on prices, etc. It's around $220. You can check in when you get there for your passes, but the room won't be ready if you want to actually go to it. The travel agent told me that people from cruises do this all of the time, so Atlantis expects you early.

Can you still book 1 room for 6 people??? My mom and dad might just stay in the room and my family and I will do the Atlantis stuff. My dad is in a wheelchair and might get tired and so is my mom? Will they allow that? 6 people in 1 room? My Dmom and Ddad might do the dig first and then go back to the room?

We booked a room at the Comfort Suites for $156 for our upcoming 5/07 cruise.

We used a link from SmarterTravel dot com.

We never used (or saw the room),they let's us check-in as soon as we arrived from the ship, we were in the first group off the ship.
When we booked a room at the Atlantis the year before, we briefly went to the room (beach tower).

We got off the boat and took a taxi straight to the Atlantis and asked for a day room. We paid $180 for it and then were given our room key. No questions were asked about the number of people. We just had to be out by the end of the day. You then took your room key and showed it to the hut with the towels (by the pools) and they gave you a wrist band and towels. We were able to use our room immediately and all day (but never did).

TinkNanny said:
I am still not sure if we will do Atlantis or not, but I checked on prices, etc. It's around $220. You can check in when you get there for your passes, but the room won't be ready if you want to actually go to it. The travel agent told me that people from cruises do this all of the time, so Atlantis expects you early.

Atlantis may expect you early, but chances are you won't get access to your room until regular check in time unless you wait and book a day room the day you arrive. Plus, remember when you do the room ahead of time you also have to pay all those extra charges on top of it.
If you wait and book a day room, (though you are taking a risk during high travel seasons) then your room is ready for you the moment you arrive in the morning and you just have to vacate by 6:00 PM. We actually used our rooms and showered in them prior to returning to the ship.

A few of questions then,

How much were the taxis? (water or van?)
How long does it take to get there?
We're a family of six. Would we ba able to do this requesting one room - everyone will want arm bands to PLAY?

Mom24Princesses said:
A few of questions then,

How much were the taxis? (water or van?)
How long does it take to get there?
We're a family of six. Would we ba able to do this requesting one room - everyone will want arm bands to PLAY?

Land taxi's are about $4.00 per person each way

It takes 10 or 15 mins to get there

They will only give you 4 wrist bands per room.

yogibigdog said:
Land taxi's are about $4.00 per person each way

It takes 10 or 15 mins to get there

They will only give you 4 wrist bands per room.

If you book a "day room" at the Atlantis you can have up to 5 wristbands. If you book a room ahead of time at the Atlantis or Comfort Suites you can only have 4 wristbands.

cjsmith said:
If you book a "day room" at the Atlantis you can have up to 5 wristbands. If you book a room ahead of time at the Atlantis or Comfort Suites you can only have 4 wristbands.

So I guess booking the same day would be beneficial... My dad is in a wheelchair so I don't think he would be using any beach related?

cjsmith said:
Atlantis may expect you early, but chances are you won't get access to your room until regular check in time unless you wait and book a day room the day you arrive. Plus, remember when you do the room ahead of time you also have to pay all those extra charges on top of it.
If you wait and book a day room, (though you are taking a risk during high travel seasons) then your room is ready for you the moment you arrive in the morning and you just have to vacate by 6:00 PM. We actually used our rooms and showered in them prior to returning to the ship.

Thanks for the great advise!! :thumbsup2

we are going over christmas and I worry there won't be a day room available. What do you get with the DCL excursion there?
there are 5 of us and if we wait and get shut out what will we do?

do you what the height requirement is for the slides? we are thinking of booking a cruise for 5/2007 and I would like to go there for the day. I'd hate to tell the kids they couldnt use the slides though.. thanks

Based on this thead, I have booked a room at the Comfort Suites for our 7/23 cruise. My question is, can you get your pass (or whatever they issue you to gain access to the Atlantis) as soon as you get in (check-in isn't until 3:00)?

Also, I was considering the Day Pass idea and did some googling. One link brought me to a site with a phone number for Atlantis (242-363-2000). I called them to ask about the day pass and they said that they only offer them when there is availability and that the hotel is sold out for the rest of the month. So if you are considering this option, you might want to look into it further.

JeffR - Thank you for the info and the number. :thumbsup2

I called the number and spoke to someone at the front desk and asked about a "day room." I asked her if a room was available for my time of travel in September if I could get a day room for my family of 5. She said I would have to get 2 rooms. She also said there was a set price of $200, no matter what time of year. :confused3 :confused3 I feel like I'm talking to one of those WDW CMs who may or may not be "in the loop." :rolleyes: I know that I've read of families of 5 getting one room, and I know I've read of lower rates for a day room. But based on that info and not wanting to risk it, I think I'll also book ahead at the Comfort Suites for my travel date ($120/room/night + tax and surcharges).

Luv2Travel said:
JeffR - Thank you for the info and the number. :thumbsup2

I called the number and spoke to someone at the front desk and asked about a "day room." I asked her if a room was available for my time of travel in September if I could get a day room for my family of 5. She said I would have to get 2 rooms. She also said there was a set price of $200, no matter what time of year. :confused3 :confused3 I feel like I'm talking to one of those WDW CMs who may or may not be "in the loop." :rolleyes: I know that I've read of families of 5 getting one room, and I know I've read of lower rates for a day room. But based on that info and not wanting to risk it, I think I'll also book ahead at the Comfort Suites for my travel date ($120/room/night + tax and surcharges).

At one point in time they were offering $150 during the fall but I know that last time we were there in 2004 it was $200 for the Coral Tower and $250 for the Royal Towers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter