Roll In Shower room ?????

fostrmom2mny

DIS Veteran
:confused3 I have a guranteed roll in shower stall room at the ASMu. It is in the Jazz bldg. I thought that all roll in shower rooms were in the Calypso? Anyone know about any being in the Jazz? Thanks. Is there anywhere I can go that lists the handicap rooms at the different resorts?
Gerri

I read thru that entire post (7 pages), but didn't see any mention of one in ASMu Jazz Bldg. Other's thoughts?
Gerri

Stayed in JAzz with a handicapped accessible room with roll in shower.

NONE of the resorts have rollin shower rooms in one building. Well except the resorts that have only one building. They are all spaced through out the resorts.

fostrmom2mny said:
:confused3 I have a guranteed roll in shower stall room at the ASMu. It is in the Jazz bldg. I thought that all roll in shower rooms were in the Calypso? Anyone know about any being in the Jazz? Thanks. Is there anywhere I can go that lists the handicap rooms at the different resorts?
Gerri

We stayed in ASMu Jazz the week of 03/20 and had a roll in shower. The shower curtain had a large gap, 4+" that we always flooded out the bathroom floor. Had to get extra towels each day just for the wet floors.

MikeS. said:
We stayed in ASMu Jazz the week of 03/20 and had a roll in shower. The shower curtain had a large gap, 4+" that we always flooded out the bathroom floor. Had to get extra towels each day just for the wet floors.
Some pointers for the roll in shower.
- Before turning the water on, make sure the showerheads are pointing away from the shower curtain (more toward the side wall).
- Let the water run with the shower curtain shut to warm up, then reach one hand in to turn off the water, so you can open the curtain and get into the shower with the water off.
- Once in the shower, turn the water back on. You can re-adjust the shower head, but try to keep the water pointed toward the middle, rather than where it would hit the shower curtain. Re-adjust the water to point to the walls for the next person before you get out.
- You may find it works better to get extra bathmats rather than extra towels. The bathmats are thicker and hold more water. They also are less slippery on the floor than towels were.

The first time we got a roll in shower room, we had problems with water all over (and hated the roll in shower). Now, that we have figured it out, we get very little water on the floor. You can't avoid a fine mist, but you can usually avoid a flood. Using bathmats helps a lot, but the biggest help is to point the showerheads away from the curtain.

Wer've stayed in Jazz room 9462 many times. It was a roll in shower room. However, now that they are doing renovations and converting some rooms to suites, I'm not sure if it is available anymore.

pampam said:
Wer've stayed in Jazz room 9462 many times. It was a roll in shower room. However, now that they are doing renovations and converting some rooms to suites, I'm not sure if it is available anymore.
Wonder if they will make it a roll in shower suite.
If they have suites available for people who don't need roll in showers, they also have to make a percentage of rooms in that same type/class for people who do need accessible rooms.

SueM in MN said:
Wonder if they will make it a roll in shower suite.
If they have suites available for people who don't need roll in showers, they also have to make a percentage of rooms in that same type/class for people who do need accessible rooms.

I just posted this on another thread:

I booked a Family Suite with a raised toilet seat and shower bench for September of this year.
They do not have the suites available with Rollin showers yet, but they said they will have them by the end of year in 2007.

Sorry I could not give you better news.
Hopefully they will speed up the w/c accessible family suites and they will be availble sooner.
Keep checking.

pugdog said:
NONE of the resorts have rollin shower rooms in one building. Well except the resorts that have only one building. They are all spaced through out the resorts.

At the Polynesian all the accessible rooms with roll-in showers ARE in one building....Rapa Nui... as far as I know. Recently, a suite in Tonga was also made accessible but that is an all suites building.

pugdog said:
That would be the other exception, the oldest resorts.

And the best...the ones with the touch of Walt Disney! :sunny:

I think it's terrible that some of the resorts do not have roll in shower or even accessible rooms in their concierge floors or buildings. Thus a person who wants to stay at that level cannot stay at the Poly, Beach Club or Yacht Club. I'm not sure about the others...but for certain these do not have accomodations. What do they think...disabled people don't want to stay at the concierge level? Even if a room on another floor is provided there is the inconvenience to deal with and you don't get the same experience as non-disabled guests, which is what the ADA is all about. ---Kathy

Kathy, I completely agree with you. We were so excited when we were told that the Polynesian was adding accessible rooms last summer/fall when the new decor was installed in Hawaii. We were so sad to find out it didn't happen. Who would want to trek from Rapa Nui to Hawaii for a bagel or help with an AR. :confused3

Sugar Loaf at the GF does have a rollinshower room. I don't know about club level in the main building.

dclfun said:
I think it's terrible that some of the resorts do not have roll in shower or even accessible rooms in their concierge floors or buildings. Thus a person who wants to stay at that level cannot stay at the Poly, Beach Club or Yacht Club. I'm not sure about the others...but for certain these do not have accomodations. What do they think...disabled people don't want to stay at the concierge level? Even if a room on another floor is provided there is the inconvenience to deal with and you don't get the same experience as non-disabled guests, which is what the ADA is all about. ---Kathy

I agree!! We are staying at the POLY but we have to stay in Rapa Nui Bldg because my DD needs a roll in shower. We would have loved to stay in a Concierge Level room but they said none of them have the roll in showers. So I guess for now our only choice is Rapa Nui with no view but the parking lot or garden :sad2:

I feel like all of us should write a letter regarding the lack of accessible rooms at the concierge level or concierge buildings of some of the resorts. To me it is unconscionable that a renovation was done at the Poly without adding accessible rooms. Also segregating the disabled into one building without a "view" is also discriminatory.I wonder if it's even legal and I will pursue this.---Kathy

dclfun said:
I feel like all of us should write a letter regarding the lack of accessible rooms at the concierge level or concierge buildings of some of the resorts. To me it is unconscionable that a renovation was done at the Poly without adding accessible rooms. Also segregating the disabled into one building without a "view" is also discriminatory.I wonder if it's even legal and I will pursue this.---Kathy

Count me in!! Let me know who to write to and I will complain. I thought it was horrible that we couldn't get a CL room at POLY. This is my DH first time staying on site and he figured it would be nice to have that extra treatment so I don't have to do all the planning etc... :sad2:

I will be calling the reservations department today, speaking with a supervisor in Special Services and following up with an email to guest communications. When I get the right address I'll pass it on. Even if people aren't planning to stay at these resorts we should all still send an email. The excuse of the resort being older really doesn't apply after a renovation and even without a planned total building renovation there should be retrofitting to allow the disabled equal access. Saying that you can stay in one building but have access to the concierge building ( or floor) is not equal access and is discriminatory. Stephanie- I'm sorry you can't have what you want for your visit too. ----Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter