Roll call for August 29th 2004 wonder

Eileen,

Try Walmart, the magnetic paper was about $6 for five full sheets.

Was also at Home Depot today (nice time for our toilet to leak and ruin our bathroom floor :headache: ) and picked up some of the Mickey head paint samples but not sure what I'm going to do with them - any ideas?

Had a thought about meeting at the Goofy pool during the Sail Away Party: practically everyone on the ship is at the SAP, it's really loud and crowded :crowded:; holding a conversation would be difficult, plus you'd miss the fun while you're trying to talk. Most kids want to hang at the Mickey pool with the slide in the afternoon so meeting in that area might be convenient after the ressies rush - there are tables as well as lounge chairs by the pool.

Maybe that's an idea for a use for the Mickey heads also, putting usernames on them, laminating them and pinning them on? :confused3

I had thoughts of suggesting a meeting at the quiet Deck 7 aft, even thinking of picking up one of those wine "boxes" to share with everyone :idea: (since an *open bar reception* in the Walt Disney Suite was not in the budget this trip :sad1: ). DH, however, thought you might think I was *cheap* :rotfl: so I guess I'll keep that one to myself!!

I love your idea about meeting at the quiet Deck 7 aft, maybe following the sail away party?? I think we'd all get lost in the crowds trying to meet up at the goofy pool.......but heck what doI know, I have never been on a cruise before........mabye we could figure a tentative time to meet there on the deck following the party.........what do you think?? Let me know!
Michelle
ps.......the wine idea does sound fun too!

Linda, I think your plans sound wonderful and I am going to stick my neck out here and admit that I love cheap wine!!!! I think we would all happily follow your recommendations. I think the Goofy Pool sounds a bit manic too.

One of my favourite memories of cruising as a child was watching the ship set sail, and as I have been watching the Port Canaveral and Two Palms webcams all year, I don't want to miss this. We just need to set a time so that those on first dining aren't pushed for time.

By the way Eileen, I have sent you a PM as Kathryn is in Switzerland and I couldn't find your email address!!!

Let's make a decision on badges soon so that I can get working on them!

Regards to all

Jane

You guys are fun!!

Well this now gives me something to ponder during my meetings today!! (and I take the Minutes :bored: )

BTW, any takers on the magnetic signs (while DH's on a roll) ?

Linda, if you are serious I would love a magnetic door sign please. We haven't had any luck finding the paper and the 29th of August is my daughters 10th birthday. It would be wonderful if we had something special. Perhaps you could email me and we could sort out the details. Many, many thanks.

Jane

Janemoj22@yahoo.co.uk

Ok guys let me know what and where the meet time/place will be I am still wondering if anyone is staying a day or so after the cruise in Orlando. I also would like a sign. My DD would love it:earsgirl: Please PM me with the info and the cost.
Thanks in advance,
Only a couple more weeks till Disney!!
Deborah:crazy: :wave2:

We love cheap wine!!! LOL,,, I cant afford anything else after this cruise, DH is cutting up all my CC... Anyway, love the idea but would really like to attend the sailaway party being that we have never delt with this crowd.. We are experts with crowds since we have done WDW in July!! What time is the party and could we do it after? We have second seating or so I think we still do???? I got to get to Walmart and get that paper.............. Now!!!!! Got to go check my PM to find out how our daughters are going to meet! Bye for now, Eileen

As some of us have early seating and some of us have late seating, why don't we try to meet between those 2 dining times for a drink on the aft deck that was mentioned. How does that sound?
Michelle

Had a difficult day trying to stay focused on work when this trip is getting so close and there's so much going on!

I'm going to throw this out there and see what the group thinks:
What is everyone doing in the afternoon around 3pm? The reason I'm thinking about this is because it would be nice for the kids to meet early in the day so they at least see a familiar face in the clubs. It would also be pretty low key as far as what's happening onboard, unless people are booked in the spa or something. We could be very casual and the kids could come and go off Deck 7 aft (and hopefully we won't bother too much anyone looking for some R&R up there). We'd have a whole hour to relax and chat - so what if we're a little tipsy at the Lifeboat Drill at 4pm? :drinking1 We're on vacation dammit!

I don't know about anyone else but I was trying to keep everybody straight. I for one know I will be slightly confused as to who's who when we meet so I went back and tried to figure it out. Here's what I came up with (in the spirit of the folks sailing on the Magic the day before us - have you seen their thread??):

MJvans (Jay and Michelle)
DW, DH, DS 14, DD8, DS6, DS4

D'AngelosdoDisney (Eileen)
DW, DH, DD12, DS5, DD4

Janemoj (Jane)
DW, ?DH, DS15, DD13, DD10 (birthday on 8/29)

DVC from NJ
DW, DH

Pea-n-Me (Linda)
DW, DH, DD6, DS6

Pluto Favorite
DSelf, DD11, DN15, DN11, DM

Justus3d (Deborah)
DSelf, DS16, DD7

Is there anybody else out there who is cruising with us??? Would love for you to say hello also. :magnify:

I'll have you know I'll be buying that Box 'O Wine very shortly so I can enjoy seeing it in the pile of things I've been collecting so far: binoculars, bubbles, sand toys, jelly beans, and soon our wine!!

Anyone else wanting a magnetic door sign please email me and let me know what you want it to say (design will probably be similar to the one we did for ourselves, we're not too savvy computer-wise. But ours is lovely and I have it hanging on our fridge where it will also be post cruise). See my post above for the basics.

I don't know why I did not think of meeting before the sail away party!! This idea sounds awesome.......since we have already made our Palo's reservation and our massage (booked romantic escape at sea package) we have nothing but free time until the drill and party!! I think that 3pm is the perfect time to meet!! I for one am psyched!! Can't wait to meet everyone!! I'm getting so excited!!
ps.......when do we sign up the kids for the kids club by the way??
I can bring a box of wine too.........the more the merrier!
Merlot or Chardonnay??
Talk to you soon!
Michelle
ps......our kids are Russell, Paige, Tyler and Matthew!

Sounds very good to me. Please think of me today. It's my last day at work until September 6th. So in about 10 hours time I am going into official Disney mode! Will get the suitcases out of the loft tonight and dig out those Disney ponchoes!!!

Jane

and Phil, Chris, Kathryn and Beth

YIPPEE!! Just think, in a short few hourse, You will finally and officially be in vacation mode!! I hope the day goes by fast............along with the wine for the adults, how about if I bring some treats for the kids, like twinkies or hostess cupcakes so we can celebrate Beth's birthday all together!!
Just a thought!
Michelle

As I sit here in my DCL nightgown drinking coffee from my MGM Studios mug, I'd have to agree it's exciting to be nearing vacation mode!! :Pinkbounc Congratulations, Jane!

Michelle, how about you bring the merlot and I'll get the chardonnay? :drinking1 Hopefully someone brings a watch so we don't miss the Lifeboat Drill!:rotfl:

The Kids Clubs are open to everyone that first afternoon and that's when you sign them up and get them used to going in there. You need come to up with a password to sign them out and they give you the beeper. Also, kids 8 and up can sign themselves in and out of the clubs with the parents' permission so you need to decide if you want your child to have that privelege. :scared1: Our kids are too young but I remember thinking that the ship seemed pretty safe. (With that said our friends last year did not give their 8 y.o. that privelege, I guess it depends on the child).

Thinking about the Gift Shop (of course planning this year's souveniers...) - if you see something you want pick it up early. You can always exchange it later but it might be gone if you wait. I'm sure the At Sea Day is going to be nuts in the shops. :crowded: :crazy2:

Linda, Paul, Andrea and Christopher :thewave:

P.S. Thanks for helping me get excited about this trip, especially the cruise. :boat: Yesterday was the first day that I actually *really* watched what I ate thinking about all the food we'll be eating at the end of the month! :tilt: I was also very excited this w/e that the discount codes for September came out (and I discovered how to use the points on my Disney Visa) so I was able to upgrade our post cruise reservation from Pop Century to Wilderness Lodge without "spending" much more. :bounce: DH is happy because he always wanted to stay there.

Yeah!!!! I will bring the watch!!! I am so glad we got that nailed down 3 p.m. it is.:Pinkbounc Guys its almost time to go just a couple more weeks:crazy: . I will figure out something to bring for the kids to enjoy. We are going to have such a great time and it all seems so much easier since we will "know" someone before we get there. I have to admit I was a little afraid I would be bored to death going as a single parent because my kids are so outgoing I know I wont see them much. :smooth: Which is a good thing to because I can get some alone time.:o Either way I am sooooo looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Deborah

Sounds like a plan.....will bring the merlot and a watch!
WOW!!! 8 years old seems so young to come and go!! No way would I give Paige that much freedom, although she is super responsible.........I'm over protective and paranoid though!! LOL
I keep having these thoughts of somehow the kids falling off the boat.........guess I need to get a life!!
Have to go the gym in a few minutes and lift weights and take my spinning class ......have really let that slide the last couple of months and have gained 10 pounds over the spring and summer.......if I want to fit into my little black dress, I better get my butt in gear!! Wish I was as excited about working out as I am about my cruise, but will probably take some aerobic classes and work out while I'm on the ship. Anyone else care to join me?
HAve a good day!
Michelle

Please don't go keeping fit before the cruise. I will feel the pressure even more. Just tried the old shorts on and it's not looking good.

So we have decided on 3pm. Where is the meeting point, please? I think deck 7 aft was mentioned at some point. Please tell me exactly where and is there anything I could bring? Did we come to a decision on badges? I think Mickey heads were mentioned.

Thank you for all your good wishes and your suggestion to make a little celebration for Beth was especially welcomed as I think she is a little worried that her birthday might be a little overlooked with all the excitement of the cruise (hope I haven't giving her that impression!)

Happy planning. Yippee I've finished work

Jane

Bye the way, Deborah. After 8 days at Port Orleans Riverside with my very quiet hubby, am sure I would love to chat to you if you fancy a little company!!!!

Im there!!!! 3pm deck 7 aft... guess I will need to find this place, Im sure I will be able to work it out... Congrats Jane on your last day, I have to work all the way through till the friday and Im not sure that Im going to make it... Also, I guess that Eileen and Kathryn can meet there. Sounds like a fine idea and I usually have a watch and hate to be late for anything so I will try to be mindful of the time. Ok, so have we decided that we are going to be wearing somekind of mickey head?? Did I miss this.. Got to go back and check this post..................... So excited all, guess I have to get my needs list ready and stop acting like I have all the time in the world to pack... bye for now! Eileen

As far as what to do with the Mickey heads, I saw an idea which I'm sure Verandah Man won't mind if we borrow: go to his website and look his photos, Day 1 on the Magic when he first enters his stateroom and sits on his verandah. You'll see he has his Alien Green Mickey head (from Home Depot, the Disney sample paint "chips") glued onto a "button", most likely sold at crafts stores (you have to understand, I am the *least* crafty person on the planet, LOL). Apparently, that identifies you to others as a Dis-er and you can put your username on it. Of course, this is optional but people have been asking for ideas... My DD wants a pink Mickey head but I don't think the color matters too much...

Thanks Andy for the idea!

Also, there are pictures of the Deck 7 Aft deck on a website called Castaway Club (the woman who's been on almost 40 Disney cruises) under Secrets of the DCL. For some reason they block the name of the website when I write it and I couldn't find any other pics anywhere so if it doesn't come out and you still want to see them email me. It's a little tight (or *cozy*, if you will), but it's better than shlepping our wine boxes out in the open on the higher decks (a faux pas on the ship which we learned the hard way last year when DH carried a whole bag of water, soda, etc... and was greeted with some raised eyebrows).:laughing:

Silly me, I just realized you can see the Mickey Heads in many of the opening pictures of Andy's website, sorry.:blush:

Ok Jane,
We can get together whenever...I will be in town on the 24th to do a couple of days at Universal then to Port Orleans on the 26th. PM or EM me when you would like to hang out and what you would like to do.
Linda,
I think I got you beat on the least crafty person lol...beleive me I am truly challanged.:jester: I will try to start early on the mickey badges for me and the kids lol I need all the time I can get.
See you guys soon!
Deborah :Pinkbounc :chat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter