Roll call 3/13/2004 Western Magic cruisers...

got our documents!!
Looks like were getting close....
Can't wait to check out the ship, 1st time on a Disney cruise.
I'm really worried there won't be enough to eat???
Thinking about bringing groceries from Publix.
Hmmmmm

NO FAIR, Nat and Dave, you guys will already have tans when we white-skinned yankees get on the ship!!!!:sunny:

Got our docs today as well and doing the docs dance. I am still hoping to see the letter from the concierge, has anyone else recieved this on this booking?

-Thom

We just booked today! Gotta love that Florida resident special. Myself and my 12year old son. He's a giant skateboard nut, basketball, soccer, animals (especially penguins) This is a Spring Break, birthday, report card cruise. It's also our first cruise ever.

Can somebody tell me if parking is easy and safe or if we should grab a room at the Raddison and just take the shuttle over?

Hi Captain,

Glad to see another 12 yr old boy, I've got one too! Don't know about the parking at the dock, I think you have to pay for it while parking at the Radisson is free. Wow, you just booked, I booked over a year ago in Feb. 2003!

No docs here yet, still waiting, I think it depends on which TA you used, we used All Seasons.

Deb

We parked at the pier 2 years ago. I think it's still about $10 a day. I don't think I've ever read anything here about it not being safe. It nice to grab your luggage, load it and off you go.

valeriekc, I'm originally from Overland Park! I've been an Oklahoma transplant since I was 6, but we still have family there.

How old are your kids? I have a DS 16 and a DD almost 13. My son eats non-stop and was 13 when we cruised last time. I have no idea how he stays so slim, except he is a swimmer. He was very happy with all the things he found available to eat. Between ice cream, pizza and burgers by the pool, room service that is free (you just pay tips), sit-down meals and topsiders buffet he was in heaven! And by the way, you can play with the menu a little. If you want a main course with a different side or two main courses, they will be glad to oblige. The only thing you won't see much of is munchies, but I think you'll find plenty to eat!

Hello Merry!!
LOL Thanks for the advice...I was really just kidding around about the food. It seems that there is enough food on these cruises to stay at sea for 6 months!!
I actually live IN Overland Park and have lived in the KC area my entire life.
We have (2) daughters 11 and 6.
However one thing we do hope they have is the (self serve) soft ice cream in multiple flavors.

I thought you were serious! LOL! My son was worried the first time, but was thrilled with his choices.

I believe that Scoops had vanilla and chocolate soft serve with lots of candy toppings you could choose from. I don't remember if they had a twist.

It's a small world! I used to live just off of 95th and Antioch (I think that's how you spell it).

wow my brother lived at 95th and Metcalf!
He moved to Denver however but will be joining us on the cruise.
So will your daughter be 13 when you cruise?
How did your kids like the clubs??
Our last cruise was on RCCL and both of the kids loved hanging out with friends they made at the clubs.
It left lots of great time for me and DH to see shows etc...
Can't wait to see the ship!!

Our daughter won't be 13 until April 1st, but she is old enough to bump up to the teen club if she chooses to. I think she's leaning that direction. We may celebrate her birthday early on the ship since I think we'll be buying her some gifts. ;)

Our son didn't do much with the teen club last time because he made some friends and they kept themselves occupied on their own. We gave DD check-out privileges, and she divided her time between the club and other activities. We had family service radios and told the kids to call whenever they changed locations. I bet your DDs will like the clubs. They have lots of fun things to do.

We are on the March 13, 2004 Western. This is our first time on the Magic -- went on the 3 day (land/sea) in November of '02. Don't know what all of the codes are but I am young 30's mom traveling w/ my 3 sons 12, 12 and 10. Also traveling with us are my friend -- also Mom in her young 30's with her two boys 9 and 7!!! We are doing Stingray City Snorkel Tour on GC and Tumul Ruins (boys are big into history and this sort of stuff) at Cozumel. At Key West we just want to be casual and sight see at our own pace. We are all arriving the night before and staying at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport and using Disney to get to the port.

We can't wait for the fun to begin!

Tracy

AKB from Edmond also! Too bad we are cruising a year apart! Still a small world. We are in NW Edmond. We booked over a year in advance for ours too but time has really flown by! Oh, just to get up to date w/ everyone else we have the 2nd dinner seating and we booked through All Seasons Travel sometime in early 2003. We still haven't gotten our docs and neither has my friend!

Hi We just booked this cruise yesterday! Can you believe it?? We were planning to go in October but this was even better since my son doesn't have to miss any school. He will be on Spring Break. The price could not be better! It will be me, my DH, DD 3 and DS 7 (almost 8) we hope he can spring up to the next level since he has been in the 5-7 for the last 2 cruises. Also we are bring my husband's parents and my mom and Aunt. Looking forward to a great time. We've done eastern so now we had to try western. See you there:sunny:

Hello....I'm glad to see more March 13th cruisers coming forward!!!!
My kids are counting down...24 days!!!

Welcome everyone!!!! We are going on the Stingray city excursion in Caymans.....Also, snorkeling in Cozumel. Just hanging out tropical style in Key West!

Let's keep this thread current and active!!

Bee, traveling with DH, DD 17, DS 11, Dsister/aunt, Dnephew/cousin 14

Hi again everyone! Welcome to our new friends! Wow at first it didn't seem like too many of us now lots!!

Still no cruise docs...getting anxious now and I really would like to have them:) I see a lot of folks on second sitting for dinner...Can anyone help me decide as we are on first and now I'm having second thoughts about that...pros/cons on a Disney Cruise anybody? We've been on 4 cruises without kids but Disney seems different as if you're not eating you're watching the show etc. As I made all of the travel pans I don't want to make a bad choice for all of us...help!

onceuponadream traveling with DH, DS12, DD9, DS7, DS4, DMIL, DFIL, DMom and DStepdad

Hi Tracy and mrsnesbit (LOVE THAT NAME!)!

Tracy, are your 12 yr old boys twins? My DS will be 12 also by then, we are celebrating his birthday on the cruise. Looks like there will be TONS of kids in his age group!!

We have first sitting for dinner, I do not want to wait till 8 or 8:30 to eat.

Pretty soon we will have to make plans for our DIS Meet onboard...

Deb

tracejmc, we are from Norman! It's a small world. I'll have to make sure you know when we are having our next Oklahoma DIS meet. We just got together in Bricktown earlier this month.

We signed up for the stingray excursion in GC (through Disney) that is early in the morning. I'm still very nervous about this one. :D I may be the person watching from the boat!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! Yes, decolady my 12 year olds are twins they just turned 12 February 10 and we were planning on doing a cake for them one night also! We are going on the 7:30am Stingray excursion (booked through Disney). It's the one where the water is supposed to be 3 to 6 feet as I had heard that the deep water one is very overwhelming to some. We are doing the late dinner seating just because we are kind of night owls anyway. We will show up 10 minutes early and be the first ones in and the first ones out hopefully so it shouldn't be too late!? My three boys are very active and very much wanting to meet friends on the cruise! It's their Spring Break so we were thinking lots of older (middle and high school age) kids will be on it because of that??? They like skateboarding, swimming, playing in the sand and one of the twins and my 10 year old are classic soccer players and the other twin is big into drama and singing. Thanks again for the replies everyone! Hope we get our documents soon! it seems SO close once they arrive!

Trace

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter