Roll call 3/13/2004 Western Magic cruisers...

Jackie,

Have a safe trip and enjoy your time in Orlando!!

Please try to come to our meet, it will be fun to get to know each other.

See you on Saturday!!!

Deb

Okay so we fly out tomorrow as well!!
Spending a few days in Fla. before the cruise.
Looking forward to our 1st Disney cruise!!!!!
There will be me, my DH, my two girls 11&7 and my Brother!
See everyone around scoops at 4:30?
I think the only lime green thing we own is flip flops.....but I'm sure my husband will not be shy and find out who are the "real people" behind the DIS boards!
Everyone travel safe and have fun!

Hi ValerieKC and IATinkerbell. Glad to see more girls going! Mickeymo and I both have 6/7 year old first grade girls going. I also have a 4 1/2 year old that thinks she is 6. See ya'll then. Probably my last post as we are furiously trying to get ready. We leave 4:30 pm Friday.

For those of you who are haven't started your vacation yet...we got a call today that our cabin was changing because they are doing renovations on 14 cabins during our cruise. They said this is typically how they operate.

We are leaving in the morning - everyone in this house is so EXCITED! Sleep is coming slow to the DDs 10 and 8!

Bon Voyage with a little "Magic"al Pixie Dust!

-Tink
::MinnieMo

IAtinkerbell, did you get an upgrade or is it the same catagory? Hope it was an upgrade for you! Nobody called us.

Just took my son to band practice, it is 35 degrees and SNOWING lightly here!!! We need to get to Florida!!

We are flying down tonight, staying near the Orlando/Sanford Airport.

Deb

Hello Margaret and Tink.
We are now down in Fla now!!
75 degrees and very nice today!!!
Can't wait to board the ship tomorrow morning.
See you!

I'm trying to capture some photos of the Magic for all you 3-13-04 cruisers, but the port cam has not been on the Magic all morning. I'll keep checking. According to the Two Palms cam site, it looks as though you are going to have a beautiful sail away day.

Sorry all, the Magic was not on theport cam at any time that I checked today, and I missed it sailing past Two Palms, I had an errand to run and I just walked in the door, I was hoping to be back before it sailed.

O.K. I see you left late tonight, I just happened to catch a shot of the Magic going past the Two Palms cam around 6:30, I will post the photo here later. I will try and catch a shot of the Magic in Key West on Sunday.

3-13.jpg

The Magic sailing past the Two Palms cam on
Saturday March 13, 2004 at 6:30pm.

62Magic_in_Key_West_3-14-04.jpg

Disney Magic docked at Key West on
Sunday March 14, 2004.

62Magic_leaving_key_west_3-14-04.jpg

The Disney Magic leaving Key West on
Sunday night March 14, 2004.

62Magic_in_Grand_Cayman_3-16-04-med.jpg

The Disney Magic docked at Grand Cayman on Tuesday March 16, 2004.

Hello Everyone Welcome Back! I hope everyone's journey was uneventful. I wish I could say the same. Everyone's fine. I checked my cell phone messages on the Disney Shuttle back to the airport to find my mom in the hospital with pneumonia. She'll be alright. We took a taxi home. It wasn't too bad. We all awoke with lovely fresh colds too! Argh...

Mickeymo and MerryPoppins, it was especially nice meeting the two of you and bumping into one another time and again.

MerryPoppins, both your daughter and son were sooooo nice. It's refreshing to see teenagers that will actually talk with other adults and (gosh!) look them in the eye when they do so. They appear to be very well grounded and you should be proud.

Mickeymo, your daughter was an absolute doll. You can't imagine how hesitant my girls were about going to the Oceaneer Club, but for the fact that they were meeting a new friend. They had a great time and your daughter can take alot of credit for that. (She has a super nice Mom and Dad too!) I hope we can get the girls together again. As you can imagine life will continue to be hectic until we make the big move to Qatar but I'm sure there will be time for diversions. I understand that the World Champion Sandcastle Championships are in Galveston the first weekend in April. We are going to try and go to that.

Take care all. Love, Margaret64

Oh my gosh, the cruise was amazing! I'll write more later..........

Verandah man, thank you for the photos! It was fun to see the ship in motion.

What website did you visit for the webcam and resulting photos?

Thanks in advance.

I used several different port cams sites. I couldn't get any shots from the Port Canaveral cam, but I was able to get photos from the TwoPalms.com, the Key West cam, and a cam at Grand Cayman.

Welcome back everyone. I'm so glad you all had a great time! I will be on this cruise in 1 year - can't wait. All week I drove my family crazy by saying in 1 year today we will be ***. Did they do anything special for St Patricks day? Did any of you rebook on board?:sunny:

We had such a wonderful, and yes, MAGICAL time on this cruise. All the help from people on this board was invaluable.

As for St. Patrick's Day, there was a party in Diversions that night and I saw green drinks and beer around.

So great to meet some of you. Beeskip, be sure to email me.

I did not rebook on board, we will probably need to wait a couple of years to save up for another trip. But we are definitely going back!!

Deb

Hi all!

We had a wonderful time! It sounds as if you all did also. My kids had a different experience than the first cruise. Wow, two years makes a big difference. We realized how quickly our girls are growing up...

They have been doing the line dances we learned last week...and pretending they are the cruise staff!

Glad to hear that you all got home safely. We can't believe it will be back to ordinary time again tomorrow.

Our girls are wanting to cruise again in two years! I hope it works into our schedule that way.

Loved the screen cams! Thanks Veranda man!

Have a great week as you sort through your suitcases of "summer". We were lucky enough to miss a 14" snow last week. It happened when we had that beautiful day at sea last Monday.

For "Que" on board...one more "Yah, Baby!"

--Tink :)

Hello....

This is my first visit to the boards since returning home and I just would like to say that we had a WONDERFUL time on the 3-13 Magic cruise!!!!!

I enjoyed meeting the few Dis members at scoops on the first day.....It was nice to get to meet you face to face. We seemed to run into Decolady a lot.....Deb, It was really nice chatting with you throughout the cruise. (e-mail ?) MerryP, I hope your ankle feels better.

Just to ditto a few points, The light up travel clock is very important....We were in an outside cabin and still the light up dial would be helpfu.

I'll continue to check the boards. I look forward to getting my flim developed. I am still in the dark ages, no digital camera. My email is BeeSkip@aol.com. Decolady, feel free to contact me as we discussed.

Its hard to get back in the swing of things after being pampered for a week.

Thanks everyone for all your advice, information and helping the countdown to the cruise fun!!! Bee

We're home safe and sound, but missing the Magic. :(

Thanks for the kind words about my teens, Margaret64. I'll have to show them what you wrote. It always makes me feel good when people say nice things about them. They are good kids and we are very proud of the way they behave. Sorry to hear the bad news about your mother. Mine was very sick when we got home, too. She was not in the hospital, though. Hope yours is feeling beter soon.

BeeSkip, my ankle is not nearly as swollen. Unfortunately, by the time I got home on Sunday it looked like an elephant ankle. I just overdid the walking considering the injury, but I'm resting up now. It's feeling much better and I'm enjoying the family babying my foot by waiting on me. :teeth: It's ALMOST like an extension of the cruise. Well, not really.

Glad to hear that everyone is getting home in one piece. I'm working on my trip reports even as we speak. Nothing else to do while I sit around with the foot up. Check them out if you are interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter