Did a tally chart of everyone's three votes so far. As of now-

M(either marvel) - 1

A(avengers) - 1

X(xmen) - 2

B(boarding school) - 4

K(kingdom keepers) - 2

D(disney) - 2

P(potc) - 0

The boarding school is in the lead. Disney, KK, and X-men tied for 2nd. Marvel and Avengers tied for 3rd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Seperate Post

Which isn't really a bad thing. When you think about it, most if not all of these ideas can be incorporated into the school.
*The Avengers could have a training school for young heroes
*The Xavier Institue for Gifted Youngsters is a boarding school
*Maybe the Disney people have put the KK & their families in a school they made to keep them safe.
*There could be a boarding school for the Disney characters that are children and teens, or maybe this boarding school is near Disney and they go a few times a year, or it's heavily influenced by Disney, or whatever.

Or we could go with a sci-fi or fantasy theme like Olivia said, or a super powered school or something.

So, um, I don't think well get anymore input or votes. When we put up sign ups, there may be more people willing to sign up then this, but if not, oh well. As long as there's at least one or two other people willing to RP with me, I'm happy. In my opinion, the quality of the RP is more important than the number of role players involved.

Which I guess leads to my point. Do we all still want to RP a boarding school? Because that's what's most voted for. Now, we did all get three votes, but still. In real votes, people usually just get one. Do we change everything so we all have one vote, or does it matter? Because, we could basically take any of the ideas we came up with, and base it off of the boarding school. I basically did that with the other ideas in my last post.

I really do think if we want to get a lot of interested parties we do need to post sign ups this week, because(at least for me) it's the last week of winter break.

So what do you say? Am I just being crazy, or what?

So, um, I don't think well get anymore input or votes. When we put up sign ups, there may be more people willing to sign up then this, but if not, oh well. As long as there's at least one or two other people willing to RP with me, I'm happy. In my opinion, the quality of the RP is more important than the number of role players involved.

Which I guess leads to my point. Do we all still want to RP a boarding school? Because that's what's most voted for. Now, we did all get three votes, but still. In real votes, people usually just get one. Do we change everything so we all have one vote, or does it matter? Because, we could basically take any of the ideas we came up with, and base it off of the boarding school. I basically did that with the other ideas in my last post.

I really do think if we want to get a lot of interested parties we do need to post sign ups this week, because(at least for me) it's the last week of winter break.

So what do you say? Am I just being crazy, or what?

Sign up this week sounds good! I agree it's good to do it around winter break. My friend and I started a roleplay over winter break and it is working out nicely. Plus I think developing character is the hardest part that needs the most time so having that during break is great.

Sign up this week sounds good! I agree it's good to do it around winter break. My friend and I started a roleplay over winter break and it is working out nicely. Plus I think developing character is the hardest part that needs the most time so having that during break is great.

Cool! So, do we wanna do a boarding school? If so, what kind?

My three favorites are super power, agent/spy, and something involving Disney.

Actually, we should just pick one and go to Disney a couple times.

I really like the super power boarding school idea, and maybe the school is on a remote island off the coast of either Disney land or Disney World? That way they could go to Disney and we can have a believable place that type of school would be. Just for an idea.

I really like the super power boarding school idea, and maybe the school is on a remote island off the coast of either Disney land or Disney World? That way they could go to Disney and we can have a believable place that type of school would be. Just for an idea.

Amazing idea! We'll go with that, and I'll put sign ups up tomorrow once we make sure we have everything.

Slept in.

So, here's a summary:

The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters is located on an island off the coast of Florida, privately owned and run by rich Professor Elizabeth Collins, the headmistress of the school. On the outside, with formal invitations to the school, fancy uniforms to be used in public, and its dream location, the Collins Institute appears to be a prep school. But really the school is where Professor Collins teaches her super powered students how to control their powers and master their abilities(as well as giving them a normal education, of course.)

What do you think? If you like it I will put it on the signup thread so people will know what the thread is about.

I will play Professor Collins, who is a telepath(I wanted to give her something else, especially since Prof. Xavier from the X-Men is a telepath, but really, it's the most convenient thing. Anytime she needs the students or something's wrong she can just go Students, come here please or something in their minds)

Hailie, you'll like this: I'm also bringing back one of my favorite characters, who's been reincarnated into several stories of mine, and she was in the very first HPRP I was in. Her name is Max. (And Hailie, this is going to be old school Max, not later day Max when she got too dark and boring, this is going to be first game Max.)

So, here's a sign up form, tell me if you think I've left anything off:

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):
Describe your appearance:
Personality:
Power/Ability:
Brief Past(optional):

And for the last part, we always need rules. Here are a couple I've thought up. Just put one down if you think I've forgotten it:

1. Absolutely no trolling or OOC(out of character) name-calling, bullying, arguing, drama etc. We're just here to have fun. You can have all of that stuff minus the trolling IC(in character), but never let it get outside of the RP world and into RL. I'll give you a warning the first couple of times, but after that I might have to say something. Please, let's just have fun guys. Common courtesy.

2. The format rule(too lazy to write it out, but basically describes the format we'll be using)

3. No controlling other people's characters unless they have given you permission to do so. This includes temporary characters you will not play the whole time, even if they're only there for one post. Since I am running the thread, I may do this if we have to get out of a situation and you are not currently online, but only then.

4. Plot lines, OOC stuff, character development, relationships, and things of that kind must be discussed OOC.

5. There really isn't a limit to how old you can be or what grade you can be in, but please don't be something absurd like being six and in eighth grade. And being like eleven and older would be greatly appreciated, so the students can be around the same age.

6. If you have any questions, please ask, especially if you're a new role player. I would be ready to help you with whatever you need. You can also ask some of the other veteran RPers questions as well.

7. It is completely okay for you to play more than one character. Everyone who signs up and plays will make up the entire student body(I figure powered people aren't exactly common). Just don't take more characters than you think you can handle.

I know it seems like a lot, but I've found that sometimes I need these.

So........I think that's everything.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Did I forget something?

Fairywings said:
Slept in.

So, here's a summary:

The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters is located on an island off the coast of Florida, privately owned and run by rich Professor Elizabeth Collins, the headmistress of the school. On the outside, with formal invitations to the school, fancy uniforms to be used in public, and its dream location, the Collins Institute appears to be a prep school. But really the school is where Professor Collins teaches her super powered students how to control their powers and master their abilities(as well as giving them a normal education, of course.)

What do you think? If you like it I will put it on the signup thread so people will know what the thread is about.

I will play Professor Collins, who is a telepath(I wanted to give her something else, especially since Prof. Xavier from the X-Men is a telepath, but really, it's the most convenient thing. Anytime she needs the students or something's wrong she can just go Students, come here please or something in their minds)

Hailie, you'll like this: I'm also bringing back one of my favorite characters, who's been reincarnated into several stories of mine, and she was in the very first HPRP I was in. Her name is Max. (And Hailie, this is going to be old school Max, not later day Max when she got too dark and boring, this is going to be first game Max.)

So, here's a sign up form, tell me if you think I've left anything off:

Name(nicknames in parenthesis at the end):
Describe your appearance:
Personality:
Power/Ability:
Brief Past(optional):

And for the last part, we always need rules. Here are a couple I've thought up. Just put one down if you think I've forgotten it:

1. Absolutely no trolling or OOC(out of character) name-calling, bullying, arguing, drama etc. We're just here to have fun. You can have all of that stuff minus the trolling IC(in character), but never let it get outside of the RP world and into RL. I'll give you a warning the first couple of times, but after that I might have to say something. Please, let's just have fun guys. Common courtesy.

2. The format rule(too lazy to write it out, but basically describes the format we'll be using)

3. No controlling other people's characters unless they have given you permission to do so. This includes temporary characters you will not play the whole time, even if they're only there for one post. Since I am running the thread, I may do this if we have to get out of a situation and you are not currently online, but only then.

4. Plot lines, OOC stuff, character development, relationships, and things of that kind must be discussed OOC.

5. There really isn't a limit to how old you can be or what grade you can be in, but please don't be something absurd like being six and in eighth grade. And being like eleven and older would be greatly appreciated, so the students can be around the same age.

6. If you have any questions, please ask, especially if you're a new role player. I would be ready to help you with whatever you need. You can also ask some of the other veteran RPers questions as well.

7. It is completely okay for you to play more than one character. Everyone who signs up and plays will make up the entire student body(I figure powered people aren't exactly common). Just don't take more characters than you think you can handle.

I know it seems like a lot, but I've found that sometimes I need these.

So........I think that's everything.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Did I forget something?

I like everything, especially bringing back Max! But yeah I think you've got everything for the sign-ups and rules, it all sounds right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter