• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rock N' Rollercoaster chicken exit?

Hessie628

Mouseketeer
I'm going to WDW on Saturday with my fiance!!!!!!!!! He is not a big fan of roller coasters, but he is going to do them for me. The only one he wont do is RNR b/c it goes upside down. Is there a chicken exit on RNR or should I do the single rider line?

Yes there's an exit. You have to ask a CM how to get to it (far left), my son did this (which was good for his brother as they let him ride twice once w/ me and once w/ his Dad). Yeah, and don't expect him to change his mind when he sees the take off :scared1: . But I loved it!:yay:

I saw on AllEars.net that there is a chicken exit for those who just want to see the preshow or chicken out. :scared1:

The chicken exit is at the last turn before they send you to your lane for the car. It brings you right to the unloading area.:wizard:

all attractions allow guests to leave before boarding (even if it means simply crossing the vehicle). just need to let the CM that assigns you to the line know.

You should both go through the Single Rider Line and he can exit before loading. This will still allow him to see the preshow.

RNR is one of the first roller coasters my son was not afraid to ride. I think the Loud Music and the Darkness made it for him. I was so glad he rode it, now we ride together, he loves it more than me. :thumbsup2 Have fun!!! My wife hates roller coasters, but she will ride BTM at Magic Kingdom. See if he will ride BTM get up front its slower up there on the drops.

Tell your DF...that RNR is this 45 year old "Chicken's" FAVORITE roller coaster!

I LOVE IT! Space Mountain scares me WAY more than RNR because RNR has the pull down shoulder restraints...feels SO much safer....

The only "Scarier" roller coaster I have ridden was the Hulk at US/IoA...but I only rode that to prove a point to (then) DS17....

I say "Scarier" but really RNR is just an adrenalin rush... it's not scary at all...

Heck - it's WDW... NOTHING BAD CAN HAPPEN !!!!

Hugs,
MARY

I am a chicken---don't like heights, etc. The first time I rode this roller coaster, my daughter had to convince me it went upside down. I didn't even notice. Something about the combination of dark, loud music, and the shoulder restraints make it seem more tolerable than those out in the open.
I haven't been on Space Mountain or Everest--too chicken!
I have high blood pressure and a mild heart condition, but rode this one with no problems at all! Just hold your head back against the head rest during take off.

My husband HATED the Tower of Terror, and was very upset with me while we were waiting in line to ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster, because he thought it would be just as bad. It's his favorite ride now. His issue was with motion sickness though, and he had problems with his seat belt on ToT.

My Mom hates roller coasters, but she loves the RnRC.

I understand if he wants to skip it, but it's really a fun ride that appeals to some people that don't like thrill rides.

I used that very exit last Friday. When everyone went to the right to board, I just went straight through the EXIT door. Easy as can be.

Donna

I use it to. It's not that I'm "afraid" of this ride...I think it's thrilling, but my almost 50 years old body says "wanna see breakfast again?"

I believe there is a chicken exit on most rides. Please correct me if this is not
true. :goodvibes

I had no trouble finding the chicken exit there, and my husband regretted not finding the chicken exit. I regretted not finding the chicken exit on Tower of Terror. We both realized that we are indeed old now.

Questions

1. Is the single rider lane open all day, even off-season (in Sept)?

2. If you do the single rider lane, do you still get to see the whole pre-show?

3. Is it easy to meet-up with your party if you use the chicken exit?

Take a look at my signature. My daughter completely hated roller coasters. She REFUSED to go on them. But then my DH talked her into going on RnRc and she absolutely LOVED it. She goes on ALL the rides now. Even ToT which she was SO scared of when she was younger. It's her second favorite ride. I agree with some PP's. You don't feel it going upside-down. The thing that is going to make him want to exit is the takeoff (it's my DD's favorite part). But it's not as bad as he thinks it is. Have fun!!

I get motion sick at the drop of a hat (or ripple of the swimming pool, or turn of the parking lot tram...) AND I hate that dropping-feeling, so I don't ride Splash Mountain (I've ridden four times), Space Mountain, StarTours, ToT, RnRC, EE, MS, but I've walked through all of them. I keep DD company in line (even the single rider line) and then take the chicken exits. I don't worry about getting "trapped" into riding; I simply remind myself "DON'T SIT DOWN!" THat way I know I won't end up riding anything accidentally!

I can ride TestTrak and BTMRR... ONCE each, on each trip. That's my "thrill rides!"

Here's the thing about RnR.... Because it is extremely dark, it is hard to tell that you're upside down. Plus, if memory serves me right, the loop is right after the acceleration, so he's probably going to miss the loop as his central nervous system catches up to what just happened to him on the launch. The only way that I know that I'm upside down in the corkscrew is by feeling one of my shoulders pressing against the restraint. In other words, this ride is a GREAT way to experience a first inversion.

As far as the launch, here's another way to put it.... A Bugatti Veyron (the world's fastest and most expensive car) does 0-60 in 2.5 to 3 seconds depending on who you talk to. RnRC does it in 2.8. Just about every red blooded guy out there drools over the Bugatti. This is a chance to see how it feels to get in one, and put the petal to the medal.

I'm already that much more jazzed for my September trip....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter