Rip, Ride, Rockit!

Left the parks a few minutes ago and noticed that the piece was back in place. We went Monday and it was off and this morning, it was re-installed so things are moving along. Have a picture on my camera but I'm posting from my Iphone so...

Left the parks a few minutes ago and noticed that the piece was back in place. We went Monday and it was off and this morning, it was re-installed so things are moving along. Have a picture on my camera but I'm posting from my Iphone so...

Great news, but we want the pictures!!!:lmao:

Which piece? The top piece or the entire lift?

DH was there almost till closing and said the piece was still missing when he left. He took photos of that and also of the Rip Ride Rockit merchandise store, which is OPEN!! I was at home, so he brought me home a Rip Ride Rockit t-shirt. He got one for himself and put it on, then headed to SeaWorld on his way home and wore it while riding Manta. Here's the link to the photos: http://bit.ly/a8ctE (he also took one of the brakes from underneath).

I really hope this ride is done when I'm there. Can't wait to ride!!! :cool2:

I'm real sorry to say that either I viewed it wrong or during the day it came back down. When my wife, daughter and I were walking in this morning, I know I saw the missing 90 degree down rail from the top in place but when returning tonight for a last ride or two, it was missing.

I'm sorry to have caused misinformation. When my wife and I looked over from the parking/entrance/beltway people movers, it immediately looked different. They were working very hard on the front stage area today too.

I was just checking over on IOA central boards and someone took a picture last night around dusk and the lift hill is back up!!!! :banana: I would link the photo but I'm using my iPhone at lunch.

I took these today:
DSC02330.jpg

DSC02329.jpg
DSC02343.jpg

Thanks Metro, I also noticed there are alot of phtos over on Johnnyupsidedown also from today. I hope they are still planning a July 4th weekend opening.

I'm going to restrain my happy dance till I hear (or hopefully see) that they're testing multiple trains. Gotta do that before opening.

You guys think I have a shot at soft openings June 22-24?

You guys think I have a shot at soft openings June 22-24?
That's probably too soon...I didn't see the trains out today. I think you're looking at maybe another week before they are ready to start testing let alone open it for soft openings. But...you never know.

That lift looks sick. Well, it looks like it'll make me sick I should say. :rotfl:

Hope its opened in August. :thumbsup2

I just keep reminding myself that it's just like that old carnival ride where you rode up through the middle on your back like that to the top. Then you swirled down around the lift on a circular track. If I was able to climb a lift put together by carnies and survive, Rip Ride Rockit will be a piece of cake.

Just wondering if new coaster is open yet and if not when?? going last week of june and would be excited if it was!!

Just wondering if new coaster is open yet and if not when?? going last week of june and would be excited if it was!!
No...it's not open yet and I think it's going to be at least a couple of weeks before they have the testing completed.

Here's a little tidbit I got in my email today from someone else who lives in Orlando. I can't speak for its accuracy, but I hope its true because I'd love to see it open for the holiday:

A friend who works at Universal told me that the coaster goes up with a magnetic device grabbing it, instead of the usual hook.
In preliminary testing, there was a dead spot that allowed the coaster to roll backwards.

Once they solve the problem, something in the order of a thousand test runs are required before the ride can open to the public.
They are working feverishly to solve the problem(s) and are shooting for the July 4th weekend opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter