RIP aussie dollar

Kids cashed in their moneyboxes today. Seriously how hard is it to get a bank to want to give three kids under 11 some service And encouragement when it comes to understanding foreign exchange. They had counted and bagged it and btw the three of them had $1200 to convert. Guy had no customer service. Complained about having to count money as they had watched bagged their own separately and was then going to charge a fee to check it. Conversion rate he was giving was so lousy and I had to wait five days for the cash so I took their counted money from the "community bank" and went to travelex to get real notes in real time. Have to say they are getting excited.

Kids cashed in their moneyboxes today. Seriously how hard is it to get a bank to want to give three kids under 11 some service And encouragement when it comes to understanding foreign exchange. They had counted and bagged it and btw the three of them had $1200 to convert. Guy had no customer service. Complained about having to count money as they had watched bagged their own separately and was then going to charge a fee to check it. Conversion rate he was giving was so lousy and I had to wait five days for the cash so I took their counted money from the "community bank" and went to travelex to get real notes in real time. Have to say they are getting excited.

Real notes in real time spent real quick!

note Andona..I am getting my $$$$ this week, so please please please concentrate on ponies and puppies...
E8.JPG

Real notes in real time spent real quick!

note Andona..I am getting my $$$$ this week, so please please please concentrate on ponies and puppies...
E8.JPG

A pony in a crash helmet is hard to ignore...

I think you'll be fine this week. DH was telling me today that he'd read reports that the dollar will be going down again in the short-medium term. We both agreed it was waiting till we hit the tarmac on the 14th September. :lmao:

Andona

Well that was interesting...
I've been needing to get CHF (you guys can all google what currency that is :lmao: ) for a while now but given it isn't on my travel card list of currencies I've been trying to decide weather to go to a hole in a wall near my office or auspost...

So I came on here to see what websites you've been using
I went to viginaustralia and used that link....offer?? 95.1 :eek: no thanks...
went to auspost.com.au...offer...98.1 ::yes:: better...me take that thank you

Now I'll just go bpay that and I'll have it mostly sorted. Might get some more as 2/5ths of what I've just gotten will go just to accom for just 2 nights :scared1: but we'll see as it is pitched against the Euro so I can also convert the Euros I have...

But my point in all of this is that the offers from BASICALLY the same company...can VARY A LOT!!! :crazy:

queenie82 said:
Well that was interesting...
I've been needing to get CHF (you guys can all google what currency that is :lmao: ) for a while now but given it isn't on my travel card list of currencies I've been trying to decide weather to go to a hole in a wall near my office or auspost...

So I came on here to see what websites you've been using
I went to viginaustralia and used that link....offer?? 95.1 :eek: no thanks...
went to auspost.com.au...offer...98.1 ::yes:: better...me take that thank you

Now I'll just go bpay that and I'll have it mostly sorted. Might get some more as 2/5ths of what I've just gotten will go just to accom for just 2 nights :scared1: but we'll see as it is pitched against the Euro so I can also convert the Euros I have...

But my point in all of this is that the offers from BASICALLY the same company...can VARY A LOT!!! :crazy:

We have a few Swiss francs left over from our trip last year, which I think is amazing as everything in that country is so damned expensive!!

Aust post were offering the best rates for US$ last week too ( out of all the sites I checked) . Good service :)

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We have a few Swiss francs left over from our trip last year, which I think is amazing as everything in that country is so damned expensive!!

Aust post were offering the best rates for US$ last week too ( out of all the sites I checked) . Good service :)

Andona

thanks queenie for diverting andonas attention to the swiss franc:thumbsup2

buying $750 in usd this week......so keep thinking swiss
and heres a pony..
happy_pony_day_by_tickedoffspoonbender-d4cf2xn.png

Commonwealth bank let you choose denominations, takes a week at a local branch or immediately at city branch. So I am getting $100 changed into small this week:)

dabecs said:
Commonwealth bank let you choose denominations, takes a week at a local branch or immediately at city branch. So I am getting $100 changed into small this week:)

Any of the larger metropolitan branches usually has a good range of denominations on hand all the time, it's worth popping in to check. My DS works at a larger suburban branch and he says they have heaps of US$ coming in and out of the branch all the time. :)

Andona

Just got all my money today! All ready to go - and 8 weeks out!!! :goodvibes
Thank goodness for the good exchange rate! I was a bit worried a few weeks ago when it dropped, but finally it dod work in our favour!
Now to pay the last few odds and ends and I'll be ready to head out the door!!! :woohoo:

Andona

Lol. Well I got another batch and I hope I have some left over but at the same time I will buy nice things if I see them that are (reasonable haha) value because I know I won't be back to this part soon. And parity isn't too bad.
Heck it's like with everything. I've been travelling for twenty years so been in Europe when things were nasty.

Hope the denominations aren't too big but the only country with the biggest issue is the UK where there are shops that refuse £50 notes and above. I've always tried to clear them out asap and mainly carry £20 or below.
The supermarket auto checkout won't even take £50 notes and stores that do they always test them with a pen.

Lol. Well I got another batch and I hope I have some left over but at the same time I will buy nice things if I see them that are (reasonable haha) value because I know I won't be back to this part soon. And parity isn't too bad.
Heck it's like with everything. I've been travelling for twenty years so been in Europe when things were nasty.

So true, things have certainly changed a lot over the last many years and not just with currency.

My first trip to the USA was in the 1960's ( I was too young to remember it!) The plane had to stop in Fiji AND Hawaii to refuel. I was asleep during the stopover in Hawaii so my parents left me on the plane in the care of the cabin crew who were happy to look after me! :crazy2:

Mum and Dad traveled with 11 suitcases too and no excess baggage charges!! :eek: ( we were staying there for a long time)

Can you imagine that happening these days!! :lmao:

Andona

I got all my dollars weeks ago when Karen put the wind up me about a possible rate drop. I also have fully loaded our ANZ Travel card so I'm happy to not be looking at it anymore :rotfl2:

I got all my dollars weeks ago when Karen put the wind up me about a possible rate drop. I also have fully loaded our ANZ Travel card so I'm happy to not be looking at it anymore :rotfl2:

i should have taken my own advice and got it when it was $1.05.....grrrrrr....oh well, whats a cent or two between friends:scared1:

i just checked with my bank and they're still only offering usd at a rate of $0.998... wth????

it's like they think that if they ignore the exchange rate, maybe it'll eventually drop down to what they think it should be...

so unhappy that we had to cancel, but kinda happy that i don't have to deal with the exchange rate right now...

i just checked with my bank and they're still only offering usd at a rate of $0.998... wth????

it's like they think that if they ignore the exchange rate, maybe it'll eventually drop down to what they think it should be...

so unhappy that we had to cancel, but kinda happy that i don't have to deal with the exchange rate right now...

I'm shopping around at the moment because we want to grab some more cash, and very surprised that Aust Post is offering the best cash rate that i've seen today with no commission.

I'm shopping around at the moment because we want to grab some more cash, and very surprised that Aust Post is offering the best cash rate that i've seen today with no commission.

really? australia post??

wow. they're coming up in my estimation..

good luck with your conversion rate hunt :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter