RIP aussie dollar

Anyone remember the days of the 50 - 55 cent exchange rate???

I'm still factoring my US holidays at an exchange rate of 80 cents. :confused3

I'm just greedy:cool1:

yep i remember the bad old days of 65c and was mega excited when it hit 75c:faint:

but my home loan repayments have dropped so thats a good thing:hyper:

I'm just annoyed I havent paid for my WDW annual passes & half my cruise yet...:eek: but I did just pay my DVC purchase of 60 points @ $1.02..so scored there!

yep i remember the bad old days of 65c and was mega excited when it hit 75c:faint:

but my home loan repayments have dropped so thats a good thing:hyper:

I'm just annoyed I havent paid for my WDW annual passes & half my cruise yet...:eek: but I did just pay my DVC purchase of 60 points @ $1.02..so scored there!

That means that you disney accom is locked and loaded! :thumbsup2

yep.....but i hate missing a bargain...:rolleyes2

but paying more off my home loan might be better long term than saving $50 on the exchange rate I guess:duck:
and DH wants a new car:moped:

hopefully the reserve bank drops the rates again next month:woohoo:

Is DH after a clown car for Oz? :faint:

ooh :stir::stir::stir::stir:

well we got the cruise and our accomodation booked for our disneyland hotel stay at the higher $$, and our tickets etc.

we still have internal flights and the 9 nights at desert inn & suites to pay for yet... oh, and our currency exchange to do.

checked the currency exchange today.. 1 aud = .97 usd. so not happy jan.

let's hope for a strong rally in the usd as all those investors do whatever it is that gives us back a stronger dollar :) (my high school economics teacher would be groaning in his grave if he could read this)

Well I hope that, if your $ rallies, it pull ours up with it because, if not, ours at 0.77 is just sad, sad, sad :sad::sad::sad: Does that put your 0.99 in perspective? :rolleyes1

I transferred a fair bit of money to a travel card last week, still only got $0.9676 :( but better than today's rate. I still have more to load, but am hoping it'll go back up! Bt yes still need to buy our Disneyland tickets too!

Well I hope that, if your $ rallies, it pull ours up with it because, if not, ours at 0.77 is just sad, sad, sad :sad::sad::sad: Does that put your 0.99 in perspective? :rolleyes1

I cried a little when it dropped below 0.80...we have hardly bought anything for our trip yet :(
Oh well consoling myself that lots can happen in 6 months, hmmm just hope it doesn't drop too much more, but goes back up instead!

It suxs that it is going down, but fingers crossed it doesn't drop too much more. :worship: Guess the first time I went to the US it was $0.75... so can't really complain. Still the shopping is cheaper even with the dollar falling (even cheaper than here with a low dollar).

me to i knew i should of not paid my bills when it was $1.08 and paid the rest of my trip:scared1:
Ive got 62 days to go i don't have any spending money yet and still have to pay of the cruises and car hire i sure hope it gets better real soon:eek:
I still think its a joke that Greece effects our $:worried:

I'm trying not to stress too much, we've already paid for/exchanged about half our trip (plus airfares) - and the rate is still better than my other trips - the first time I went to the US the rate was 55 cents (lucky it was a work trip, but still).

I used to get paid in USD when I lived in Turkey. That was a decade ago. The rate then was 41 cents to the NZ dollar. I've been soo rich if I was getting paid that now there as the cost of living hasn't risen much at all in a decade. So happy we stockpiled cash at the middle of last year when it was high, not enough for a holiday but it's a start and all the accomo is paid for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter