• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RIP aussie dollar

Need a new compact flash memory card for my DSLR, thought i'd price them at Ted's and Dick's and :scared1:
I think i'll wait until Walmart thank you very much.

At those prices i'd rather boost the USA economy :eek:

Need a new compact flash memory card for my DSLR, thought i'd price them at Ted's and Dick's and :scared1:
I think i'll wait until Walmart thank you very much.

At those prices i'd rather boost the USA economy :eek:

Walmart...now thats the happiest place on earth!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

The Reserve Bank of Australia has kept rates on hold today at its September meeting, leaving the cash rate unchanged at 3.5%.
"At today's meeting, the board judged that, with inflation expected to be consistent with the target and growth close to trend, but with a more subdued international outlook than was the case a few months ago, the stance of monetary policy remained appropriate,"

would have liked a 0.25% cut.....oh well

I just want my holidays to start..i'm done!

Can someone jump in their time machine/ delorian and drop me off @ 11 am next thursday...international terminal, air new zealand check in??? anyone???

one of my fave authors is a guy named Matt Reilly... he owns a Delorian. I will see what i can arrange for you :)

i called into com bank today to notify my travel dates and to add a note to my visa card that I WILL be shopping at walmart, so dont reject sale......

aust credit cards HATE Walmart ...so if you do a shop, do it in smaller amounts under $100 usd.

one more thing off my list of things to do

I've been stalking this thread for a few weeks now and finally felt I should probably post something. A bit of positive news, the dollar has been rising alot today. It's sitting just under $1.04. We are praying it continues to rise. We are all set for disneyworld in November and hoping to pay the rest of our holiday off at a good rate. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Now that is good news pinksalt!!! Just looking to get the final bit of cash, but I was waiting for it to go up a tad!!! Keep on going little guy..!!! ;-)

We are still waiting on travelex (we get no commission etc as as an airport staff deal) to up their rate. They are still offering $0.98 per $1au. Hoping to be able to buy cash at about $1.02 but not sure if that is hoping for too much. That means xe needs to be sitting on about $1.06.

I find the direct Travelex rates are really really bad!! Have you tried their online site? I've had a look and they seem to be better rates and still no commission. You nominate which office you want to pick up at. I think that is how I'm going to go.
Which airport do you work at?

I work at Melbourne tullamarine airport. Everyday watching people go on holiday is killing me. I will have a look at their online rates, thanks for the tip :).

I work at Melbourne tullamarine airport. Everyday watching people go on holiday is killing me. I will have a look at their online rates, thanks for the tip :).

LOL see you Tuesday then :cool1:

The exchange at my local shopping centre were offering .9873, no commission.
Not too bad :)

xxpinksaltxx said:

I know what you mean - I work at Brisbane airport! ;-) each day can be torture especially as you get closer to holidays!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter