Rioting in NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference between protesting and rioting and this is rioting...But this is not America most of America is law abiding citizens...and the media is making it worse they are stiring the pot..I refuse to watch the news anymore, CNN is the worse..

Agreed, the media thrives on this.

I wanted to point out that yes, there was a small group of rioters stem out of peaceful protests on Tuesday and Wednesday night this week. It's absurd, I'm heartbroken over it, and several businesses did have damage. And more importantly, someone lost their life.

However, Thursday and Friday nights were PEACEFUL protests. Not riots. Today, there is already an organized protest underway and so far, all peaceful. I realize even peaceful protests do affect a city - nearby businesses, law enforcement, public transportation - they are all affected but I also want to always support the right to peaceful protest. I think it's an important part of our history and is seen by many as a way to initiate change. It's also a way for people to respond to (what they perceive to be) injustice. I see the value.

In case you hadn't heard, they have used surveillance footage and social media to identify many of those involved in looting and damaging property and have already arrested some involved. An arrest in the shooting Wednesday was also made. Hopefully, those FEW will be held accountable for their actions.

Our police dept, and the National Guard, have done an amazing job at maintaining peace the last few days. Many religious leaders here have played an intricate role in that as well. Unfortunately, the media (mostly national news + social media) have done nothing but focus on the FEW who chose to become destructive the first two nights. There have been incredible stories of friendship, understanding, and peace that they, of course, ignore. Those stories don't get near the traction. Even the dumb Facebook "mark if you're safe" element fanned the flames, IMO.

Charlotte is my (now) home and I would hate for anyone to think that the picture shown to you on the big national news organizations from a couple of days ago is anywhere similar to how Charlotte really is. And as someone pointed out, many of those participating in destruction aren't even from here. They are opportunists who don't care about the cause - they just want to take advantage of the situation and create chaos and violence.

I pray that things continue to be peaceful. I do have some fear that the controversy over the police footage may spark things back up (depending upon how they proceed with that) but am praying it won't. Esp now that I just posted a whole thing about how peaceful things have been :laughing:

Did you happen to see the white boy beat up by a bunch of black boys because he was white? He was begging for his life, got beat up anyway, for doing nothing. Don't see that on the media much or perhaps not at all.

I read the other day that the police estimated over 70% of the violent "protesters" were bused in from out of state. I think this was based on ID's that the cops saw. It's believed a certain very wealthy man foots the bill for bringing in the thugs for most of these riots. I don't want to get into politics so I'll drop it at that.

It was all over the so called "alt right" blogs. And not independently reported anywhere else.

Did you happen to see the white boy beat up by a bunch of black boys because he was white? He was begging for his life, got beat up anyway, for doing nothing. Don't see that on the media much or perhaps not at all.

Got a link?

It was all over the so called "alt right" blogs. And not independently reported anywhere else.

CNN's Burnett has reported it. Just put in Charlotte NC 70% bussed in and watch the CNN report. You do trust CNN.

Last edited:
Yup. Someone with the police union said it and then later admitted he just made up the number. Unfortunately it doesn't really matter now because that's already been said and reported and nobody noticed the walk back.
http://www.businessinsider.com/i-di...ial-walks-back-statement-on-protesters-2016-9

I knew CNN was wrong. Never trust CNN, MSNBC and Fox and all the other mainstream stuff. They don't care about the truth in anything including BLM. They feed on the destruction of cities and that includes BLM.

I knew CNN was wrong. Never trust CNN, MSNBC and Fox and all the other mainstream stuff. They don't care about the truth in anything including BLM. They feed on the destruction of cities and that includes BLM.

Yes, only trust your fringe, extreme leaning, alt right "news". That's where you get the "true" story. I'm sure they all prominently reported the walkback.
Also it said by a police union rep so I'm sure you aren't trusting then either now. I'm sure you think they don't care about the truth and are out for the destruction of our cities. I mean, it was a police union rep lying on national tv during an interview.

Last edited:
Yes, only trust your fringe, extreme leaning, alt right "news". That's where you get the "true" story. I'm sure they all prominently reported the walkback.
Also it said by a police union rep so I'm sure you aren't trusting then either now. I'm sure you think they don't care about the truth and are out for the destruction of our cities. I mean, it was a police union rep lying on national tv during an interview.

Like BLM lies, the Union Rep did exactly what BLM does. Did you know that BLM is financed by a white man named George Soros. An interesting character, he is Jewish by the way and when he was a young man, he collaborated with the Nazis in Hungary. The Nazis hated Blacks also. I told you where I get my news, from a lot of sources not just one place. I do watch the three networks and a few others, BBC, sometimes even Al Jazeera, but then I look deeper and go to Times Of Israel, then sometimes I go to the Internet to find out what I am missing. At least I go looking for truth, you only spew the rhetoric of racism. Yes, BLM is racist.

Like BLM lies, the Union Rep did exactly what BLM does. Did you know that BLM is financed by a white man named George Soros. An interesting character, he is Jewish by the way and when he was a young man, he collaborated with the Nazis in Hungary. The Nazis hated Blacks also. I told you where I get my news, from a lot of sources not just one place. I do watch the three networks and a few others, BBC, sometimes even Al Jazeera, but then I look deeper and go to Times Of Israel, then sometimes I go to the Internet to find out what I am missing. At least I go looking for truth, you only spew the rhetoric of racism. Yes, BLM is racist.

Cool story, bro

I can't say that I am familiar with George Soros. Interesting info!
Anyhow, I would imagine that BLM has a lot of supporters from the usual suspects and other surprising sources.

The media is definitely a huge part of this problem!!!!

Well, when you're ready to never sleep again, look him up and do some research. Scary, scary, evil man who controls WAY more than you would think possible. And not in a good way AT ALL!

Unfortunately he has never changed from when he was young. When I read about the memo of him giving millions to BLM and funding the riots in Ferguson. I bet he has done the same thing in Charlotte.

I most certainly do want to be able to sleep... So I am not going to dig any further.
But, this would definitely reinforce everything that I think and feel about these riots and many other aspects of what is going on.

ca7389ccccd02de0f1431e102a5d70e4c30d9f8e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter