Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets Oct DISmeet Trip. 5/6-Ch 14 Closing Thoughts

Hey Judy! I just watched - The girls did great! You're not proud or anything are you? :scratchin Ha! Ha! :rotfl2:

Hi Tammie. I haven't see you in forever! I see you have a Disney trip in the not too distant horizon! Is there a PTR I missed? popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Okay you caught me, proud mama here! What gave it away? The crazy screaming...or the fact I posted the link here? :lmao:

Lisa's singing thrills me, especially when I remember her fatigue issues and the fact that she uses a Bi-pap machine at night due to lung and vocal cord issues...yes, just a little proud...:lmao::rotfl2::lmao: Plus, Marv hadn't seen it and I didn't want to deprive him. :rotfl: I am thoughtful like that...:rotfl2:

Chapter 4 – AK Morning - Opening

Before I get started on our second day I wanted to go back and post a few pictures I took of the items Magdalene and Katharina brought me from Germany.

Elisen Lebkuchen (gingerbread)
118.jpg

This was so delicious! I guess my only experience with "gingerbread" was the Pepperidge Farms gingerbread men and ginger snaps, which are both thin and hard and crunchy…….and not actually gingerbread. These are soft and chewy and a little bit nutty and even though I am normally a fan of chocolate, I think I enjoyed the "plain" gingerbread the most! Oh, and did I mention they were both delicious.......???

Next was the cloth shopping bag that shows scenes from Magdalene's home town of Nürnberg, with the Nürnberg Castle in the background! Maybe one day I can see what it looks like in person as it appears to be a lovely city, and so rich in history!

117.jpg

The final item as I said before was a desk calendar titled Deutschland 2012. It was a combination calendar (one week per sheet) and post cards depicting famous or scenic sites around Germany. Below the dates each sheet is perforated so you can remove the top portion with the dates and the remaining picture section is a postcard. So cool, even though I can't imagine ever mailing any of them away.........unless of course I were to mail them to myself!

114.jpg

113.jpg

Again I want to thank Magdalene and Katharina for bringing me such special gifts all the way from their homeland of Germany!!!

(Now, back to the trip report)

**************************************************************************************************

Jonathan and I were headed here for the first part of our day.

064.jpg

065.jpg

We had planned to make rope drop again, but did we actually make it??? Well yes we did even though we weren't quite as close to the front of the line as we were at Epcot. AK seemed to be a much more popular place this day!

066.jpg

067.jpg

I didn't know if Magdalene and Katharina had made it yet, but with all the people I didn't spot them anywhere. We had plans to meet inside the park, but first they let us through the turnstiles so we could enjoy something that seems to be slowly disappearing at the Disney parks.............the pre-opening show!

Heading our way……………

068.jpg

073.jpg

Hi everybody!!!

075.jpg

076.jpg

Everyone smile for the camera……………………

077.jpg

Following the pre-opening we were meeting Magdalene and Katharina here…………………

078.jpg

I had told Jonathan that he didn’t have to stick around with the “older” crowd today because there is just so little for a ride junkie to do at Animal Kingdom, and I wasn’t sure what the rest of us would end up doing while we were there. Jonathan headed off to get his ride on while I waited for Magdalene and Katharina to arrive. I don't have any evidence of riding EE more than once, so I don't know if Jonathan and I grabbed FPs when we first arrived or not. Typically we don't worry too much about FPs for Everest because of the single rider line. Of course this was one day I wanted to at least ride standby so we could all ride together.

Katharina and Magdalene arrived and we joined the standby line. There wasn't much wait time yet as evidenced by the 5 minutes on the sign so we didn't slow down much in the queue, although I think we spent what time we could looking at the different items they put there for your enjoyment without getting run over by those behind us. Those footprints and damaged camping gear have to be real right, so that Yeti just might be out there waiting for our expedition.............???

We were assigned our boarding location. Katharina and Magdalene would be sitting right in front of me. Before we left the station they both looked back at me so I could get a picture............in case we needed video evidence later to identify their bodies should the Yeti appear. I really like this picture of the two of them!

079.jpg

We were on the move and the excitement was already beginning to build.

081.jpg

Hmmm, looks like something has been leaving prints up here before we came along.

082.jpg

I'm not sure what happened with the tracks in front of us, but it doesn't look like it has dampened Katharina and Magdalene's spirits so far.

083.jpg

Not sure, but is that the Yeti casting his shadow from somewhere above us???

084.jpg

Wow, that was a close call but we managed to arrive back safely from our expedition. Now it was time for our redneck ride photo. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a good picture of Katharina and Magdalene, which was much more entertaining than mine if I remember. Normally I would be riding with my hands up, or making gestures at the camera knowing where they take the ride pics, but when I am holding my camera and trying to get ride photos you can bet I am not going to let myself get tossed around too much and accidently whack the camera against something and damage it. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it................lol.

086.jpg

After our expedition and near disaster with our narrow escape of the Yeti, the three of us headed here next.

087.jpg

We had to travel a famous highway to reach our final destination.

088.jpg

Of course after a brush with the Yeti, the natural inclination is to take things a little calmer so a relaxing ride on Dinosaur is in order. I guess the good thing about this ride is I can never get any good pictures while I am on it, so I just stow the camera and enjoy the scenery. Of course there is always the chance to get that final redneck ride photo once again when you get done with your journey.

090.jpg

I think Magdalene told me that was the first time she had kept her eyes open during the "exciting" part of the ride, although I'm not sure she was so glad she did. As for Katharina, I'm thinking maybe she was inadvertently left behind when our Time Rover teleported back to the Cretaceous period.........

Another near disaster averted we exited out through the dump shop. Thankfully so far the crowds that were waiting with us at park opening had spread out around the park. It was still fairly quiet at least in DinoLand.

091.jpg

092.jpg

I was hoping that wouldn't be a sign of what was to come as we headed off for our next expedition through the wilds on our African safari....................

Coming up Chapter 5 – AK Morning Continues - Kilimanjaro Safari

That's a great picture of Magdalene and Katharina as you left the station on EE.

It took me several seconds to find Katharina in that Dinosaur picture! :rotfl2: At first I was thinking, "Oh, I guess Katharina didn't ride Dinosaur with them". :laughing:

Marv, thanks for this wonderful update! Just in time before I leave for my vacation! I was hoping to be able to catch AK morning before I won't have much computer access.

Katharina actually spotted you and Jonathan standing very close to the rope. We were behind you to your right (Asia side of the park) and decided that it would not be worth it to try to get through the dense mass of people. And I think we literally were only a few minutes later than you at EE.

The Dinosaur picture is so hilarious!! I am a little sad that I did not buy it, it would have been such a great souvenir! And that trip was really a changing moment for me as I really started to appreciate the ride and not be continuously scared.

Zero Judys.

Hey, I figured I could at least beat you on this thread.

You are counting the wrong person: 4 Katharinas would be the correct answer!

Well, it won't be anytime soon but the next trip an ADR at O'Hana for dinner will probably be first on my list. Next would be breakfast at Boma, neither of which I have ever done! :banana:

When do you go back again??? :rolleyes1

eat at boma all you want, never been and have no desire to go there.:confused3

we are thinking possibly next summer taking another trip back.

What lovely gifts from Magdelene and Katharina.

Good job on the rope drop and I am sorry they don't do a show either at the entrance or by the tree.

EE in the morning is great!!!! Love the picture of the girls- great job!!

The Dinosaur picture is priceless!!!!

Waiting for the safari!!! How many animal butts did you get? :lmao:

Great update Marv, it's so nice to read about the trip from another perspective!

Oh, and the gingerbread - there are many different kinds of gingerbred in Germany and even more in other European countries and I think most of them are hard. But I'm glad you liked the ones from Nuremberg, they are my favorite :goodvibes

The Dinosaur picture is so hilarious!! I am a little sad that I did not buy it, it would have been such a great souvenir! And that trip was really a changing moment for me as I really started to appreciate the ride and not be continuously scared.

Why would you buy a picture where I'm scarcely visible?

I think one can appreciate the ride and still be very very scared, that's the fun of it, isn't it? :)

Before I get started on our second day I wanted to go back and post a few pictures I took of the items Magdalene and Katharina brought me from Germany.

Looks like very cool stuff! Maybe we need to schedule a big DISboard trip to Germany to see the place in person!:thumbsup2

We had plans to meet inside the park, but first they let us through the turnstiles so we could enjoy something that seems to be slowly disappearing at the Disney parks.............the pre-opening show!

Pretty sad, huh? Hopefully they'll reconsider dropping these.

Those footprints and damaged camping gear have to be real right, so that Yeti just might be out there waiting for our expedition.............???

::yes::

I really like this picture of the two of them!

Good one! :thumbsup2

Hmmm, looks like something has been leaving prints up here before we came along.

Probably a deer.

Of course after a brush with the Yeti, the natural inclination is to take things a little calmer so a relaxing ride on Dinosaur is in order.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think Magdalene told me that was the first time she had kept her eyes open during the "exciting" part of the ride, although I'm not sure she was so glad she did. As for Katharina, I'm thinking maybe she was inadvertently left behind when our Time Rover teleported back to the Cretaceous period.........

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Got a good laugh out of this one. Sorry, Katharina.:rolleyes1

Yes, that would Marv Elous....:goodvibes

Asking moi not to ruin your mischievous reputation? Naw, I'd never do such a thing ...:stir:
Yeah, you nor Rosie either one......... :rolleyes1 :worried:

Okay Mr Security!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Even Security can't put an end to your antics!!! :sad2: Slow them down for a few minutes maybe, but not end them........ :rotfl:

:blush:
HI!
:wave:

Remember me???

Vaguely......... :scratchin

:worried:

I read the HOB update shortly after you posted it and am just now saying I LOVED IT!!! I was THRILLED to meet Marv, I had NO IDEA until just before Lisa's MAW trip that we were going to meet Mr MARV~elous! He had been lurking over on our PTR unbeknownst to me! He had been making plans with my DIS sis LisaB! We were THRILLED to have him and Jonathan join us that night and honestly my only regret of the night is that Jonathan isn't in any of the pics! (Well, and the sound guys :lmao:).

I saw where you posted that on your thread that you had read it! I know you have been super busy and knew you would get here when you could! :goodvibes

As for pictures of Jonathan, that's why I "borrowed" the one of us at our table from that night..........
;)

Maybe my second regret was that pic of me :rotfl2:...LisaB had ordered me a strawberry daiquiri while I was in the bathroom with Rachel...I hadn't had an alcoholic drink in many years, they just cost too much when you are on a budget, so that was a nice (shocking obviously) treat for me! :goodvibes Thanks for not posting any unflattering pics of me friend! :lmao:

I loved that expression on your face, so I thought that was a great picture! I'll save the unflattering ones in case I need them sometime in the future.........

Minnie&Nana I see you are from NC some of the time? Marv tells me all the time not to tell how nice he is...I can't help it, I :love: him and he IS a great (Kind hearted guy)...okay live THAT down my friend! :rotfl:

Okay, you're pushing it there young lady!!! :headache:

I love seeing Marv's thoughts on how the night went and seeing it through his eyes...it was a soothing thing for me to know it really DID come off as a great show!

I was so glad I got to be a part of it!
:yay:

Just to prove my youngest daughter has some of those performance genes, I thought I would post a video of Lisa and Rachel from April 6...and you can finally hear Pete actually play Marv!

STORMY MONDAY

THANK YOU for posting about that magical night...it was a lot of fun for us!!!
SOOOO, when are you coming to Charlotte to visit me? David graduates May 18 :rolleyes1

May 18th, huh??? :scratchin

Hey Judy! I just watched - The girls did great! You're not proud or anything are you? :scratchin Ha! Ha! :rotfl2:
Judy? Proud?? Naaaahhhhhhhhh...........!!! :lmao:

Hi Tammie. I haven't see you in forever! I see you have a Disney trip in the not too distant horizon! Is there a PTR I missed? popcorn::

Okay you caught me, proud mama here! What gave it away? The crazy screaming...or the fact I posted the link here? :lmao:

Lisa's singing thrills me, especially when I remember her fatigue issues and the fact that she uses a Bi-pap machine at night due to lung and vocal cord issues...yes, just a little proud...:lmao::rotfl2: Plus, Marv hadn't seen it and I didn't want to deprive him. :rotfl: I am thoughtful like that...:rotfl2:

I saw the link in your thread. Been really busy and hectic the past few days! Sorry I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, :blush: but I will make sure I do really soon! I know she did a great job, even before I listen!!! :thumbsup2

That's a great picture of Magdalene and Katharina as you left the station on EE.

It took me several seconds to find Katharina in that Dinosaur picture! :rotfl2: At first I was thinking, "Oh, I guess Katharina didn't ride Dinosaur with them". :laughing:
Thanks! I really like how that picture turned out!

Yea, it took a few seconds for me to find her too..........and I knew she was in the picture!!! :rotfl:

Zero Judys.

Hey, I figured I could at least beat you on this thread.
The sad part.........you beat Glenn too!!! :confused3 He missed a great chance to get on the board............ :rotfl2:

Marv, thanks for this wonderful update! Just in time before I leave for my vacation! I was hoping to be able to catch AK morning before I won't have much computer access.

Hmm, when do you leave again? I wonder if I have time to finish up that morning for you as a parting gift??? :rolleyes:

Katharina actually spotted you and Jonathan standing very close to the rope. We were behind you to your right (Asia side of the park) and decided that it would not be worth it to try to get through the dense mass of people. And I think we literally were only a few minutes later than you at EE.

I was thinking I didn't stand there very long at all before the two of you walked up! I actually meant to say that. I think Jonathan had just walked in to ride just before you got there. :confused:

I remember you talking about that, and I think you were both looking forward to riding it again after that! Not sure if you got the chance or not.......

You are counting the wrong person: 4 Katharinas would be the correct answer!
+1 :thumbsup2

BTW, if I don't get the chance before you leave........I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! :goodvibes

eat at boma all you want, never been and have no desire to go there.:confused3

we are thinking possibly next summer taking another trip back.
Oh don't worry, like I said Boma would be second........after O'Hana!!! :cloud9:

What lovely gifts from Magdelene and Katharina.

Good job on the rope drop and I am sorry they don't do a show either at the entrance or by the tree.

EE in the morning is great!!!! Love the picture of the girls- great job!!

The Dinosaur picture is priceless!!!!

Waiting for the safari!!! How many animal butts did you get? :lmao:
Yes, that was so sweet of the both of them!

EE is great any time of the day.............or night!!! :cheer2:

I thought everyone would like that ride photo........... :rotfl:

Animal Butts??? I don't take any butt pictures.......... :rolleyes1

Great update Marv, it's so nice to read about the trip from another perspective!

Thanks Katharina! I am really enjoying this part of the TR! Such a wonderful and enjoyable trip!!! :thumbsup2

Oh, and the gingerbread - there are many different kinds of gingerbred in Germany and even more in other European countries and I think most of them are hard. But I'm glad you liked the ones from Nuremberg, they are my favorite :goodvibes

I only had one complaint about them..........

the box was way too small!!!
:love:

Why would you buy a picture where I'm scarcely visible?

I think one can appreciate the ride and still be very very scared, that's the fun of it, isn't it? :)
I remember you saying that you had really enjoyed it when we were laughing about the picture that day! Seems like you were looking forward to riding it again also. I think the different reactions are what makes the ride...........and the ride photos...........so great!!! :goodvibes

Looks like very cool stuff! Maybe we need to schedule a big DISboard trip to Germany to see the place in person!:thumbsup2

Hey, I like the way you think! I wonder if Magdalene and Katharina have enough room for all of us??? :confused3

Pretty sad, huh? Hopefully they'll reconsider dropping these.

Agreed!

::yes::

Good one! :thumbsup2

Probably a deer.

Way up there? Maybe a reindeer??? :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Got a good laugh out of this one. Sorry, Katharina.:rolleyes1
Oh, she was very good natured about it, even when we were laughing about it when it popped up on the screen......... :) I probably wouldn't have posted it otherwise! :angel:

Never mind.........yes I would've!!! :joker:

Catching up, friend.

Great picture of Magdalene and Katharina.

I love Dinosaur, but unfortunately, Mark won't ride it anymore so I haven't done it in two years.

EE you can keep...but glad you enjoyed your journey on it.

Those lines waiting to get into the park weren't bad at all.

Can't wait to hear what else you did at AK.

My goodness I missed a Marv update !!! I would be with Katarina on EE but not on Dinasaur I love it !!!Marv you look like you are holding on for dear life on EE!!!:rotfl2:

We really need to have a HUGE Dis meet somewhere ??? I loved the one in DC !!Glenn even still talks to me after that one !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: Of course the perfect place would be Disney!!!!

Hi Tammie. I haven't see you in forever! I see you have a Disney trip in the not too distant horizon! Is there a PTR I missed? popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Lisa's singing thrills me, especially when I remember her fatigue issues and the fact that she uses a Bi-pap machine at night due to lung and vocal cord issues...yes, just a little proud...:lmao::rotfl2::lmao: Plus, Marv hadn't seen it and I didn't want to deprive him. :rotfl: I am thoughtful like that...:rotfl2:

You should be proud! I'm happy you could help Marv out like that! :lmao:

I haven't been keeping up too well - going through some difficult times - but I have much to be thankful for.

Yes! We are going soon - No, I'm not doing a PTR - I am just not in to the planning like I usually am - the kids are telling me we are not doing commando this time! :rotfl2: At this point, I feel like I won't do a TR, but then how will I show off my beautiful grandchildren otherwise? :goodvibes

Still thinking of you often, and praying for all of you!

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post much lately! It has been crazy at work with a huge audit going on, and this past weekend I had on call duty and my pager seemed to go off constantly, night and day. With very little sleep on top of a huge computer audit, it is hard to get motivated to sit in front of a computer at home and try to post an update, much less get caught up on all the threads I am woefully behind on! Not much longer I hope......... :confused3

Catching up, friend.

Great picture of Magdalene and Katharina.

I love Dinosaur, but unfortunately, Mark won't ride it anymore so I haven't done it in two years.

EE you can keep...but glad you enjoyed your journey on it.

Those lines waiting to get into the park weren't bad at all.

Can't wait to hear what else you did at AK.
Thanks Kathy! Next update will be really "wild!" :rolleyes1

My goodness I missed a Marv update !!!
Slacker!!! :stir:

I would be with Katarina on EE but not on Dinasaur I love it !!!Marv you look like you are holding on for dear life on EE!!!:rotfl2:
Not my normal pose on EE, but when I am trying to hold my camera and take pics, I am a little more sensitive to beating the camera up. That ride can really bounce you around if you let it. :eek:

We really need to have a HUGE Dis meet somewhere ??? I loved the one in DC !!Glenn even still talks to me after that one !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: Of course the perfect place would be Disney!!!!
No place better!!! Sounds like a plan. :woohoo:

Hope you are having a great cruise Rosie! You should be back soon I think...... :confused:

You should be proud! I'm happy you could help Marv out like that! :lmao:

I haven't been keeping up too well - going through some difficult times - but I have much to be thankful for.

Yes! We are going soon - No, I'm not doing a PTR - I am just not in to the planning like I usually am - the kids are telling me we are not doing commando this time! :rotfl2: At this point, I feel like I won't do a TR, but then how will I show off my beautiful grandchildren otherwise? :goodvibes

Still thinking of you often, and praying for all of you!
Thanks for stopping by Tammie! I totally understand the busy schedules and "going through difficult times." I think there is a little of that going on for a lot of people right now!

Hope everything is all better for you soon!!! :goodvibes

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post much lately! It has been crazy at work with a huge audit going on, and this past weekend I had on call duty and my pager seemed to go off constantly, night and day. With very little sleep on top of a huge computer audit, it is hard to get motivated to sit in front of a computer at home and try to post an update, much less get caught up on all the threads I am woefully behind on! Not much longer I hope......... :confused3

Thanks Kathy! Next update will be really "wild!" :rolleyes1

Slacker!!! :stir:

Not my normal pose on EE, but when I am trying to hold my camera and take pics, I am a little more sensitive to beating the camera up. That ride can really bounce you around if you let it. :eek:

No place better!!! Sounds like a plan. :woohoo:

Hope you are having a great cruise Rosie! You should be back soon I think...... :confused:

Thanks for stopping by Tammie! I totally understand the busy schedules and "going through difficult times." I think there is a little of that going on for a lot of people right now!

Hope everything is all better for you soon!!! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about work !!:scared1:I posted about my NIGHTMARE welcome Home day!!:rotfl2:I haven't had time to be on the Dis much !!I am going to print up the pix for the cruise memory books tomorrow and Carole is giving me a cd of her pix so I can then start my Cruise TR!!!

Stopping by to say hello :wave: Have lots of catching up to do - lucky I enjoy reading. :thumbsup2

Happy May!! :goodvibes
(May 13 and a high of 65 in central NC? Hope this means a summer free of 100 degree days!!)

Stopping by to say hello :wave: Have lots of catching up to do - lucky I enjoy reading. :thumbsup2

Happy May!! :goodvibes
(May 13 and a high of 65 in central NC? Hope this means a summer free of 100 degree days!!)

It is very cool here too!!! I went from high 80's to about 45 in a day!!!Brrrrr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter