Ride all the boats, meet all the characters - a first-timer's Jan '15 TR 7/28 updates and conclusion

Loved your trip report!
We are going the last week of January too!!! 180 days from today! We will be traveling with a 25 month old so I am worried just like you but so excited!
Hope you have an amazing trip!

The pirates and pals cruise sounds awesome! Definitely something I want to keep in mind for future trips. That is great that the character interaction was so good - especially when you are paying for something extra I hate when you feel rushed.

Love the lego cake! You might say it, just like everything, is awesome!

Your ADR list looks great for your upcoming trip! Some of our favorites on there like Tusker House and Ragland Road. Every trip is different and I am sure you will have to adapt some to having the two kids this time but I am sure you will do great!

I was thrilled that I felt the cruise was truly worth the extra cost!

It was awesome, and you might be able to tell, if you look closely, that Grant's shirt even says "6 is awesome"

Loved your trip report!
We are going the last week of January too!!! 180 days from today! We will be traveling with a 25 month old so I am worried just like you but so excited!
Hope you have an amazing trip!

That's so exciting! I hope your ADR day went well and I hope these toddlers behave themselves!

The fireworks cruise sounds like the perfect end to the trip. I love the pictures of Grant and Peter Pan!

So exciting that you're going back! And with both boys (and your mom) this time!

I will admit that I've never been to Disney World with a 22 month old, but I think that since you guys don't really do many of the height-requirement rides, you'll be able to do a lot with him, and I'm sure you'll find a way to make the trip amazing for everyone!

So many good ADRs! I've heard great things about a lot of those restaurants, so I'm sure you'll enjoy!

it's so good to see you back!
LOVE the pirates cruise!!! Grant is just so cute!! I ADORE the Lego cake! it's so perfect! looks tasty too!
OHHHHHHHHHH the baby is adorable!!! Cannot wait to see your pictures with everyone in January!

Great job with your ADR's!

The fireworks cruise sounds like the perfect end to the trip. I love the pictures of Grant and Peter Pan!

So exciting that you're going back! And with both boys (and your mom) this time!

I will admit that I've never been to Disney World with a 22 month old, but I think that since you guys don't really do many of the height-requirement rides, you'll be able to do a lot with him, and I'm sure you'll find a way to make the trip amazing for everyone!

So many good ADRs! I've heard great things about a lot of those restaurants, so I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Thanks! We are so excited for another trip, I am just crossing my fingers that the baby will take to sleeping in the stroller for naps!

it's so good to see you back!
LOVE the pirates cruise!!! Grant is just so cute!! I ADORE the Lego cake! it's so perfect! looks tasty too!
OHHHHHHHHHH the baby is adorable!!! Cannot wait to see your pictures with everyone in January!

Great job with your ADR's!

Thanks, wedding season really kept me away, but we are slowing down (only about 1 a month in July/Aug).

Thanks for all of your sweet comments!

Hi Amy! Nice to see you! I was hoping you'd come back and let us know how the end of your trip went :)

Whenever I see reviews of the Pirates and Pals cruise, I wish I'd done it when my boys were younger. I know older DS13 would have not interest in it now and I'm quickly running out of time with DS9 :sad1:,but it looks like SO much fun! I can't really fit it in to our Nov. trip but maybe I can talk them into it whenever we return.......

Speaking of returning, what are your dates for Jan? (and yay for another trip!) DH and I are doing another quick no kid trip Jan. 15-20th before our AP's run out-will we be there the same time as you??

Wow, I can't believe how much older Grant looks in his bday picture than in your trip pics! But they really do grow up fast as I'm sure you're finding out ::yes::. As far as taking your younger DS on your next trip, my youngest was 12 months the first time we took him, 15 months the 2nd and 25 months the 3rd time. All those trips were great :goodvibes Yes, it's definitely easier NOT having one in diapers, and having to deal with bottles, diaper bags, etc. But it's just so much fun watching them see characters, parades, and taking them on some of the rides. I know you'll have (another) wonderful trip!

Hi Amy! Nice to see you! I was hoping you'd come back and let us know how the end of your trip went :)

Whenever I see reviews of the Pirates and Pals cruise, I wish I'd done it when my boys were younger. I know older DS13 would have not interest in it now and I'm quickly running out of time with DS9 :sad1:,but it looks like SO much fun! I can't really fit it in to our Nov. trip but maybe I can talk them into it whenever we return.......

Speaking of returning, what are your dates for Jan? (and yay for another trip!) DH and I are doing another quick no kid trip Jan. 15-20th before our AP's run out-will we be there the same time as you??

Wow, I can't believe how much older Grant looks in his bday picture than in your trip pics! But they really do grow up fast as I'm sure you're finding out ::yes::. As far as taking your younger DS on your next trip, my youngest was 12 months the first time we took him, 15 months the 2nd and 25 months the 3rd time. All those trips were great :goodvibes Yes, it's definitely easier NOT having one in diapers, and having to deal with bottles, diaper bags, etc. But it's just so much fun watching them see characters, parades, and taking them on some of the rides. I know you'll have (another) wonderful trip!

Yes we will be there at the same time! We are the 16th-23rd!

Yes we will be there at the same time! We are the 16th-23rd!

Cool :cool1: I won't have my kids, and before I get around to figuring out our park days I have to finalize our Nov. trip lol. But once I know where we'll be I'll PM you and maybe we'll be able to do a quick meet up :goodvibes

Just joining your ended TR... what a great trip!! Your son is absolutely adorable, the pictures with the characters were so stinkin cute. You guys covered a lot of ground every day, I was tired reading through your non-break days. I loved how accommodating to your son and what he did or didn't like, and what he wanted to see again. I know sometimes waiting in lines or doing rides over and over can be a lot, but you really enjoyed it through him. I can't wait to have kids and take them to WDW, I hope we are able to have as much fun as your family had. Thank you for sharing this :) :)

Oh it's over but your going back before we get there and we are staying at POR preferred in June! I just started my Pre trip report! You've been a huge help to me already as my DS is similar in age and seems to have many similar interest! I'm checking into the pirate cruise! Oh your ressies for your next trip look great! Many of the same ones we want:) can't wait to keep following along!!!

Just finished your trip report. I really enjoyed reading- you really captured and expressed the magic of the trip so well. Pirates and Pals is ething I never had considered before but it seems really awesome!

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming trip. Bringing your mom will be so helpful and the first time we went as a family we had a 2 year old along with our 4 year old and she was great. The extra hands definitely help though.

Thanks for sharing the end of your trip. Loved reading about it!

Thanks for reading along!

Just joining your ended TR... what a great trip!! Your son is absolutely adorable, the pictures with the characters were so stinkin cute. You guys covered a lot of ground every day, I was tired reading through your non-break days. I loved how accommodating to your son and what he did or didn't like, and what he wanted to see again. I know sometimes waiting in lines or doing rides over and over can be a lot, but you really enjoyed it through him. I can't wait to have kids and take them to WDW, I hope we are able to have as much fun as your family had. Thank you for sharing this :) :)

Thank you, that is all so kind! I am going to kind of miss our 'go go go' days this coming trip, as I'm sure with a 22 month old it will not be that way. You will so enjoy seeing WDW through kids' eyes one day!

Oh it's over but your going back before we get there and we are staying at POR preferred in June! I just started my Pre trip report! You've been a huge help to me already as my DS is similar in age and seems to have many similar interest! I'm checking into the pirate cruise! Oh your ressies for your next trip look great! Many of the same ones we want:) can't wait to keep following along!!!

Oh! I'm headed to find your PTR now! I'm so glad this was helpful, I really loved reading TRs of similarly aged kids before I went.

Just finished your trip report. I really enjoyed reading- you really captured and expressed the magic of the trip so well. Pirates and Pals is ething I never had considered before but it seems really awesome!

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming trip. Bringing your mom will be so helpful and the first time we went as a family we had a 2 year old along with our 4 year old and she was great. The extra hands definitely help though.

We really did love Pirates and Pals, a fun addition for sure! Crossing my fingers our 2 year old will be great too!

Hi there, just finished your trip report. What a wonderful first experience for Grant. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I had brought my two boys for the first time when my oldest was four and my youngest was 8 months old. It was an amazing trip. We've been back every year since except this past year because we decided to bring the boys to Italy to visit family. Now my boys keep begging me to go back to WDW so we organized our next trip in March. Anyway, just wanted to mention that a trip with your 22 month old will be great. Don' t worry about his age, Disney makes it super easy to travel with a young child. Visit the baby care centres in each park, take your time and follow your child's schedule and your trip will go great. If you want some tips on traveling with a toddler, you can visit my blog http://disneyplaning101.blogspot.ca
Your ADR look great!
I have never tried Raglan Road as I thought it was not kid friendly but after reading your TR, I will try to schedule it into my next trip.
I have never thought about trying the Pirates and Pals cruise. It looks like a lot of fun and I am sure my boys (5 and 8 y.o.) would love it. Thanks for sharing your experience!

:wave2:

Hi Amy. I rarely stop over to the trip report forum, but for some reason I clicked on the link in your signature in a post you made on the community board regarding Pirates and Pals cruise. I am so glad I clicked your link. What a great report!! Sure looks like you did indeed plan your trip well.

The many, many pictures of Grant with so many characters were all fabulous. His smiles say it all. He looked like he loved every minute of those meets. Memories forever. And the pictures on the rides were great also. Two of my favorite photos were the two of Grant, one with him and you in it alone and one of him and Jon in it alone. Just two really nice mom/son and dad/son pictures.

You all should have great lifetime memories from that trip, thanks for sharing it.

Hi Amy. I rarely stop over to the trip report forum, but for some reason I clicked on the link in your signature in a post you made on the community board regarding Pirates and Pals cruise. I am so glad I clicked your link. What a great report!! Sure looks like you did indeed plan your trip well.

The many, many pictures of Grant with so many characters were all fabulous. His smiles say it all. He looked like he loved every minute of those meets. Memories forever. And the pictures on the rides were great also. Two of my favorite photos were the two of Grant, one with him and you in it alone and one of him and Jon in it alone. Just two really nice mom/son and dad/son pictures.

You all should have great lifetime memories from that trip, thanks for sharing it.

I'm so glad you took the time to read about our trip! Thanks for the kind words. Grant is over the moon that we go back in just 2 weeks!

Hi Amy! I saw that this popped up and remembered we're going the same time :) DH and I will be there the 15-20th, I'll keep an eye out for you! Hopefully I won't scare you if I walk up and say hello :scared1: Where are you staying?

Hi Amy! I saw that this popped up and remembered we're going the same time :) DH and I will be there the 15-20th, I'll keep an eye out for you! Hopefully I won't scare you if I walk up and say hello :scared1: Where are you staying?
Hi! We will be at POR again :)
For our overlapping days here's our plan
17th MK
18th AK
19th MK
20th EPCOT
Let me know if it sounds like we'll be in the same parks

Hi! We will be at POR again :)
For our overlapping days here's our plan
17th MK
18th AK
19th MK
20th EPCOT
Let me know if it sounds like we'll be in the same parks

We're going be in MK on the 19th, also :thumbsup2 Are you there all day? We are most likely doing breakfast at the Wave and then heading over mid-morning until probably 4-ish. Breakfast isn't a done deal yet, though.
Our other days that overlap are:
17th HS/DS
18th MK
20th MK but unfortunately only until about 11, until we head home :( I did grab an 8am BOG breakfast which DH isn't excited about lol, but I want to get as much park time in as I can. We went 3x in 2015 but I think this may be our only 2016 trip, unfortunately.

Maybe we can arrange through pm at some point before we go to meet up somewhere quick? It's always nice to put a (real) face to a Dis name :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter