Revolution

Yeah, my husband wondered about why they didn't make their own power too. All I could think of is that whatever turned off the power to begin with was still affecting the world. And then the lady turned on a computer in her attic and threw that whole idea out the window.

Yeah, my husband wondered about why they didn't make their own power too. All I could think of is that whatever turned off the power to begin with was still affecting the world. And then the lady turned on a computer in her attic and threw that whole idea out the window.

I'm thinking maybe the militia that took over prohibits the use of power? I just can't imagine it's that they can't make it, because how would they make that make sense? Lots of things have stored energy that can be turned into power, many that they showed in the premier.

I really enjoyed it. Loved the scene on the stairs! Probably shouldn't get too attached though; this will either be cancelled soon (e.g., Fast Forward, Terra Nova) or screwed with (Heroes.) I have the worst luck.

My nearly 13 year old DD LOVED it....and I think the Hunger Games audience is definitely the target for this show. I thought it was ridiculously predictable, and absurdly "out there" in terms of what would happen. Planes falling out of the sky when the lights go out?!?! Really? LOL!

Given CMEs (Coronal Mass Ejections), it is possible that a direct hit of sufficient magnitude would shut down the grid for quite some time, BUT there is no known phenomena that would result in the simultaneous shutting down of all vehicles (no explanation why this would happen). The science part of me was rolling my eyes at the absurdity of it all.

But, as I say, it is definitely a "must watch" for DD.

I really liked the show. I loved the Giancarlo Esposito character. Just the right blend of suave and sinister. And I was a fan of David Lyons when he was the lead on The Cape (yes, I am 1 of the 47 people that devotedly followed that series). The one thing I didn't like was the way that Charlie was so whiny. It was like she was channeling season 1&2 Kim Bauer of 24.

I think I am going to really like the medieval times-Civil War era type battles that will take place. And am really interested in seeing how Gen. Monroe came into power.

I really liked the show. I loved the Giancarlo Esposito character. Just the right blend of suave and sinister. And I was a fan of David Lyons when he was the lead on The Cape (yes, I am 1 of the 47 people that devotedly followed that series). The one thing I didn't like was the way that Charlie was so whiny. It was like she was channeling season 1&2 Kim Bauer of 24.

I think I am going to really like the medieval times-Civil War era type battles that will take place. And am really interested in seeing how Gen. Monroe came into power.

He's the only reason I am remotely interested. Loved him on Breaking Bad. Gus Fring was da bomb.

I hope it improved after the first 15 minutes. I got bored and went to sleep.

Same here! I might have lasted 20 minutes at the most.

I probably will look it up online tonight and attempt to watch the rest. If it continues with the "yawn" factor, I'll look for something else to watch. Someone mentioned Last Resort (?) - haven't heard of that one before...

well we were not at all impressed....except for the 11 year old.............. my husband did not like it at all.............. i will give it another episode...my 14 and 17 year olds are on the fence.............we are such a sci fi....end of world family....luv the walking dead.....loved V..... etc etc.............this i think was just not well thought out.....................the events were too fast paced and far fetched.............. they must have caught a jet to Chicago ...lol...........and when the lady handed over a 15 year old inhaler and it still worked i was like dam thats some shelf life..........and dont even get me started on all the ninja moves.............it was just tooooooooooo unreal ..............but going to give it one more episode before i write it off

There was a part saying if power was restored the militia (the main one with the bad guy) would use it to take over everything and people would be worse off...

I watched it, but it will likely be on the chopping block...I also like Jericho, Flash Forward, Alcatraz, Persons Unknown...I could keep going. I hate when they suck you in, then bam, nothing else. Hoping this one goes a bit longer than the others!

I recorded it, but haven't watched it. The geek in me is already (just from the commercials) wondering why they don't make power. If I can turn off the geek part of my brain, I might enjoy it.

I recorded it, but haven't watched it. The geek in me is already (just from the commercials) wondering why they don't make power. If I can turn off the geek part of my brain, I might enjoy it.

My husband (who is a geek) says that they said the laws of physics had changed. He is guessing that the explanation will have something to do with the Earths core and electo magnetism. (or something...it was a loooong explanation and half my brain was wandering) He said that with out the electro magnetic pulse (or something) it would be impossible to create electricity.

They could still have steam engines though.

I watched and liked some of it. The other thing that just doesn't make sense is the fact that all the cars stopped - unless I'm missing something that couldn't happen until they ran out of gas - same with the airplanes.

I will keep watching just to see where they go before it gets canceled!

I loved Terra Nova but I guess most of the US is interested in Honey Boo Boo or other reality shows than shows that keep you guessing :confused3

I watched and liked some of it. The other thing that just doesn't make sense is the fact that all the cars stopped - unless I'm missing something that couldn't happen until they ran out of gas - same with the airplanes.

I will keep watching just to see where they go before it gets canceled!

I loved Terra Nova but I guess most of the US is interested in Honey Boo Boo or other reality shows than shows that keep you guessing :confused3

My husband told me that even the most basic car engine requires electricity to make the spark that ignites the engine, so if the laws of physics had changed, and there was no electricity then the car wouldn't work.

Wasn't overwhelmed by it, but we'll give it a few more episodes. Reminded me of S.M. Stirling's 'Change' book series and Jericho. I really wish Terra Nova had been renewed, but I'm used to series I like being canceled.

Well I just looked it up and Eric Kripke (Supernatural) is the creator. So NOW I am going to have to watch to see if it gets better.

It is hard to fight the geek in me. If the earth's magnetic pulse was "off" wouldn't you think that we would be bombarded with asteroids? Just a thought from watching too much "How the Universe Works".:lmao:

AND you can get power from solar, water, fire, coal, gas, steam, thermal, HUMAN energy (example as a grandfather clock or a wind up radio), etc......

The only thing I can think of is a worlwide EMP, which would fry the electronics, and you wouldn't be able to power them up. and it would stop the cars that rely on electronic ignition etc.

The only thing I can think of is a worlwide EMP, which would fry the electronics, and you wouldn't be able to power them up. and it would stop the cars that rely on electronic ignition etc.

Yes, that EMP thing is what my husband mentioned.

I was telling him that what bothered me about the show was that they had lots of energy sources so why didn't they just make electricity? And that's when he told me that in the show they said the "laws of physics as we know them have changed" and the ways they could do that was to stop the Earths core from spinning or that EMP thing.

That's what I was assuming as well. Obviously with a show like this, some suspension of disbelief will be necessary and we can't assume it will follow the rules of the real world. I just hope they do a good job of sticking to whatever rules they come up with for that world. I read an article over the summer where one of the creators or writers was saying that there will be an explanation for the outage and that a physicist talked with them about it and said it was plausible, given all the framework they explained for the world of the show. Hopefully the show will last long enough for us to find out what it is!

As for why they aren't creating power, my thought was that maybe one (or more) of the republics was hoarding the stuff they would need to build the things like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter