1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Revolution

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Kirby, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Kirby

Kirby DIS Veteran

Anyone watch it last night? What did you think about it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mercydisney

mercydisney Is it on sale?

I did!:wave2:

I really enjoyed it! I am just afraid to say it because every show I enjoy ends up getting canceled.:(

4. phorsenuf

phorsenuf Not so New Rule author

I wasn't overly impressed. I'll watch a couple more episodes though, in case it gets better.

5. Nette

Nette DIS Veteran

Agreed. I loved it. That means they'll cancel it in 6 weeks.

6. Scurvy

Scurvy Kungaloosh!

I liked it. I didn't think it was perfect but by the end I was really wondering what will happen next week. I hope it sticks around - I almost didn't watch it because I'm sick of getting interested in shows with ongoing storylines (Flashforward, The Event, Alcatraz, etc) and then having them get cancelled without any resolution. This one seems like it has real potential and I hope it gets the chance to live up to it.

7. EMHDad

EMHDad DIS Veteran

Watched it last week. Really enjoyed the pilot. I am hoping that it does not get cancelled like some others in the genre.

I will say though, Last Resort (watched it last night), is now my favorite new show. I think it has the potential of the best new smart show on tv.

8. phorsenuf

phorsenuf Not so New Rule author

Last Resort. I wanted to watch that one. When is that on and what channel?

9. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

We watched. Liked it well enough.

DD was really reluctant to watch as she's sure it will be cancelled like Terra Nova. She is still complaining about that, and I don't blame her. I'm still complaining about the cancellation of Invasion and Firefly. SciFi type shows just have no luck.

10. EMHDad

EMHDad DIS Veteran

It does not come on until the 29th. It is an ABC show.

It (just like Revolution and a host of other shows) was released online already. You can find it on Hulu or ABC.com.

11. Princess Dolly

Princess Dolly <font color=green>Unfortunately it encroached the

I was going to DVR it but then I didn't. Seeing how you weren't crazy over it, I'll wait to see if your mind changes since we seem to like similar shows. ;)

12. EMHDad

EMHDad DIS Veteran

I was disappointed in the cancellation of Terra Nova as well, but I was much more disappointed with the show. It just wasn't up to par.

The thing about a high concept genre show is that it has a lot more working parts and a lot more potential to mess up. That said, if done right, it can be amazing. Lets hope Revolution can avoid the pitfalls.

13. FLCyndi

FLCyndi Mouseketeer

I hope it improved after the first 15 minutes. I got bored and went to sleep.

14. Kellydelly

Kellydelly DIS Veteran

Not impressed yet.

15. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

Recorded............not watched yet.

We were disappointed that Terra Nova was cancelled also :(

16. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine Sunrise at my house. :+)

Same here.

I watched 75% of it so far. Trying to stomach the "predictable" factor. Let's just say I left off at the plane. I mean really? Did not see that coming.:rolleyes2

I hope JJ plans to be a tad more creative.:confused3

17. shortbun

shortbun <font color=green>Peacenik<br><font color=purple><

I watched it and I thought it was ok but predictable. No good special effects, no tension. We all liked Terra Nova here too and were suprised when it was cancelled but I don't think they had support from the executives of the network. I am also looking forward to Last Resort and I'll watch Revolution a few more times in case they make it a bit more exciting. The head of the travelling Militia just wasn't gritty enough. The big city wasn't wild enough, ie. the street fighting was more like acrobatics.

18. monkeybug

monkeybug <font color=blue>I feel safer when I know where th

I watched it and thought it was just okay. I'll watch a few more times in case it gets better.
    The one thing I kept thinking though is why don't they just make their own power? It's not like you need sophisticated technology. They have wind, rivers, people...all things that can be used to make electricity. Heck, even a potato has enough energy to power a clock.
    And what about solar power? They didn't snuff out the sun.

19. plutotek

plutotek DIS Veteran

We're in the "give it a couple more episodes" camp. I was joking w/DW when Billy Burke was saying he had to leave, or something to that effect, that he was going to go hide in Forks and raise his vampire grandbaby!! :rotfl:

20. Breezy_Carol

Breezy_Carol Who needs doors when you can use windows

I watched until the guys came in on horseback. Then i decided I didn't want to get sucked in again. I wasted 6 years on Lost.:rotfl:

21. sbell111

sbell111 <font color=blue>I don't care if people walk slowl

A show like this has virtually no chance of making it, so I didn't bother TiVoing it.