Restaurant Marrakesh

Kevin355

Future Disney Employee
Booked a ressie there for September as all of the other Epcot restaurants were booked except for Teppan Edo, for which my wife can't eat, and Rose and Crown, which is not our favorite.

Has anyone eaten there and can they give me a review of the food. My wife has gluten, soy, and dairy allergies and they seemed to have a pretty diverse menu at Restaurant Marrakesh.

Any info/reviews would be greatly appreciated.

We ate there in April for the first time. The food was good. The Mediterranean Salad appetizer was delicious. Loved all the salads in it. I ordered the Couscous with Chicken which was good but the chicken was a little dry. To explain the dish is that the chicken and vegetables were cooked in a soup then then taken out of the liquid and plated with couscous. I was hoping for grilled chicken. My DD had the Lemon Chicken - it tasted good but it was a small portion.

The service was excellent though - the waiter made it fun - so we would return there.

I really like Restaurant Marrakesh, for either lunch (as a break from the heat of the day) or for dinner (the ambience in Morocco at night is gorgeous).

As far as menu goes, the Goat Cheese with Crispy Bread For Two is delicious. Since I'm lactose intolerant, I can have goat cheese without any tummy problems. The mint iced tea is light and refreshing - It feels like I drink almost a gallon of that stuff when we go there! I had the Lemon Chicken entree, and it was moist & tender. I almost couldn't finish it all since you get 1/2 of a whole chicken to yourself, plus stewed veggies & couscous. I always get baklava for dessert (it's my favorite), but I box it up to-go so I can have it when we return to our room.

I was surprised by how much I liked it. It was actually a last minute addition for us, we made the reservation the day before. It was the best couscous I've ever had. Also loved the atmosphere and entertainment.

Our Ratings of Restaurant Marrakesh: (*rev 4/20/2015*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Chicken Bastilla
. . . entree:.. Roast Lamb Meshoui, Sultan's Sampler Platter
. . . dessert:. Moroccan Symphony
NOTE: Restaurant Marrakesh serves flavorful specialties, using a long list of herbs and
spices including saffron. My fav appy is bastilla (fried pastry) has layers of pastry with
chicken seasoned with Almonds, sugar and cinnamon. At lunch and dinner, a talented
belly dancer entertains with live music (sensual, but not at all risque). If you like new
things it is a good change of pace. And, usually easy to get ressies, as many people
overlook this place.

I ate there with my boyfriend back in 2014 and really liked it. I got the Harira Soup which was delicious and the Chicken Kebabs which were also great.

One of my favorite TS in Disney, I lived in Saudi Arabia for a number of years so a lot of the food is familiar to me. We eat there at least once every time we go.

I'll be the dissenter here but note I've only been once. During our visit the service was pretty sparse and while some of the food was good, the majority was overcooked. I was particularly disappointed with the lamb shank. We were there during free dining, though not doing it ourselves, and I understand they were busier than usual so that may make a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter