Restaurant Marakesh did not disappoint

Duchess1966

Earning My Ears
Once again, we had a very enjoyable meal in Restaurant Marakesh. We thought that this was much better than Les Chefs de France. We didn't have the combo feast this year and instead ordered off the menu. We split a combination appetizer plate that had the Jasmina salad and the phyllo dough wrapped chicken and beef. Great!! For entrees, I had the cous cous which is great and my DH had the lamb which he loved. The food was very good and the belly dancer this year was great. I think that she is the best that we've seen. We've made it a point to eat here for the past few years.

Thanks for the great review! We're considering it for our next trip! Glad to hear you liked it -- it has been a few years since we had dinner there.

I've always loved Marakesh & Tangeriene. I haven't been in ages, tho. Might be time to go back.

I loved my lunch there as a solo and can't wait to go back! Unfortunately, there were other dining priorities for the family this upcoming trip, so I'll have to wait a little longer. I'm glad to hear it's still great - thanks for the review!

Thanks for the review. I tried to talk dh into trying this restaurant. He said he'd rather not. But he didn't know there would be a belly dancer! lol. I'll have to tell him!! :)

Do they have plainer food suitable for Kids.?

Yes, but their food is not spicy or really exotic. Our DS has been eating there since our first meal when he was 8. He is not a picky eater, neither is he adventurous. I think sometimes parents limit what their children will eat! Not a criticism of you, but I have done day care for 15 years and the parents always give me a list of what their children won't eat - and they eat it and love it at my house because I tell them how good it is.

Thanks! We'll be there on Friday night! I love saying "cous cous", can't wait to order it.

Thanks so much for the review!!! We are scheduled to eat there early November and my older DS has been campaigning to change the ADR to Les Chef de France while the younger DS wants to stick to Marrakesh. My Mom is going with us and she does not eat seafood or chicken. Looking at both menus, I think Marrakesh may be better. Plus I can't wait to see the belly dancer (saw a little of one outside but just want to have the whole experience).

MissMagnolia said:
We really need to try this restaurant out. Problem is my DH is not very adventurous!

I was a little concerned about the exotic spicing when I went, and tried the "chef's special" that was on a chalkboard outside - a chicken shish kabob with rice. It was not exotically spiced at all, but delicious! It came with a tomato-and-cucumber salad that tasted like it had italian or greek dressing on it - again, not too unusual. The appetizer, a beef brewat roll, was the most unusual thing I had, and it wasn't bad at all - ground beef inside a sort of pastry, somewhat sweet. Dessert was apple crepes with honey - very sweet and delicious! I had mint tea (official Moroccan beverage), which was so good I went through a major mint-tea phase after returning home!

Tell your DH even an unadventurous diner will enjoy Marrakesh!

I also had the chicken shish kabob and Jasmina salad (house salad- greens and nice dressing). I'm sure he'll like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter