Restarants at Poly and Ak for DH

barb53lac

Mouseketeer
my DH is strictly a meat and potatoe eater. What restarants at the Poly and AK will I most likely have the best food for him? Doing a split stay.

Ohana at the Poly is great for meat lovers. It's family-styled and they keep bringing out skewers of steak, turkey, pork loin, and shrimp. It's excellent!

At the Poly he will love Ohana, the all you can eat family style of meats is excellent. There isn't really a potatoe, but wings and noodles fit the bill for me (I am a meat and potatoes girl all the way). ;)

Now AKL is another story. Boma is NOT for everyone. I have to say I am pretty adventerous, as long as I have the staple of a beef available to me. But Boma's flavors sure weren't to my liking.
They flavor everything with sweet spices, like cinnamon, vanillas and fruit flavors.
Even the meat was rubbed with cinnamon! The soups, all the sides (including the mashed potatoes) all sweet. It was like eating a Christmas dessert for dinner. I left hungry after eating a few things from the kiddie buffet.

Now Jiko (is a signature restaurant) I haven't tried. However I do hear that they too use African spices (sweet stuff), but to personally give you advice, can't. Hopefully others can offer that to you.

But he will eat good while at the Poly!

I would stay away from Boma if I was you. I'm the same way meat and potatoe guy, wife is a bit more adventurous than I'am. We both swore never to go back to Boma ever again. The food was horrible. Yuck. Wasted time and money on it. So I would look elsewhere.

Ohana is great. DH is a meat lover too and he loved Boma. The flavors are different but imho(and his) very good. It is not American BBQ but he loved the different flavors and spices that Boma used. If he is a little adventerous and open minded so give it try.

It cant be that bad since it is packed everytime we go.

Our family love Ohana and Boma and eat at both every trip. I think your meat and potato loving husband will find something to his liking at Ohana. But I'm not sure about Boma. As I said, we and many others love it, but if someone is a more basic eater who only likes the familiar, they will not like Boma. Jiko also is African-inspired food. I can't totally remember what the Mara counter service has at AKL, but I know he can at least get a burger there which he might enjoy more than the food at Boma or Jiko.

Depends,if he is used to cooked to order food using quality ingredients I suggest Jiko,Sanaa or Kona.Most of the rest are buffet or sandwich places and aren't really meat and potatoes type to me.

Plain meat and potatoes, or will he eat exotically flavored meat and potatoes?

At the Polynesian, he should be ok with 'Ohana. The meat there is marinated and/or spiced, but not too heavily. No potatoes though - lo mein, veggies, pot stickers, and wings.

As for AKL, that could be a tough one. Boma has plenty of meat and potatoes, but seasoned in out-of-the-ordinary ways. Some people love it and others hate it.

They have a beef filet and gratin potatoes dish at Jiko he could order, but its an expensive signature restaurant and not a good choice if you have kids coming along.

I would probably keep him away from Sanaa. It's amazing food, but mostly Indian-inspired.

Sounds like places outside your resorts might be better choices, unless you want to stick to the resort counter services.

Yak and Yeti is our favorite restaurant in the world. The best dishes are the most unusual ones but for "plain meat", the baby back ribs are kind of normal with a sweet tasting BBQ sauce but the best ribs I've ever tasted.

my DH is strictly a meat and potatoe eater. What restarants at the Poly and AK will I most likely have the best food for him? Doing a split stay.

Like others have said, Ohana is a meat lovers treat. The Kona Cafe also at Poly has a nice New York strip and Ribeye....

Jiko at AKL has a nice Filet Mignon, and the pork loin looked good (a friend had it and liked it). Boma is a little different, but we love it.

We've not been impressed with 'Ohana. Sure you can get all you want to eat of various meats, but we found them all too dry. Add to that the annoying, loud coconut races and hula hoop contests and this isn't a great dining experience.

Ohana has always been one of our favorites. It is on the idea of a Brazilian grill. It is a restaurant we try to eat at every time we go to WDW. The only challenge here can be getting a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter