resort w/best access to all parks

Deluxe resorts are going to have the best access to the parks. My personal preference is Beach Club, because it is a short walk to the World Showcase in Epcot--my favorite part of WDW. To get to DHS you can walk or take a boat. To get to MK you can take a bus or go through Epcot (with park hopper) and take the monorail. To get to AK you have to take a bus, but I think every resort has to take a bus to AK.

Your best bet is to figure out the park that you will spend the most time at, then pick the resort based on that.

I don't think there is A resort with the best access to all the parks. Disney is 47 square miles I believe overall, and the resorts and parks are spread over a large part of that area.

The resorts with the closest access to the most parks would be Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk (and non-Disney Swan/Dolphin) because they are close to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

I think that Polynesian is the best in terms of location.

You are a monorail ride away from Magic Kingdom.

You can walk next door to the Transportation & Ticket Center to catch a direct monorail to Epcot. From the two other monorail resorts, you'd have to take the monorail to TTC and thwn switch to the Epcot monorail.

And then there are buses to Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

At Polynesian, you have a direct, straight-on view of Magic Kingdom's "Wishes" fireworks display, as well as the Electrical Water Pageant on Seven Seas Lagoon.

Yes, the Boardwalk-area resorts give you boat and walking access to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. But access to the Magic Kingdom from there is best done by bus, rather than: the walk to Epcot; then the walk through Epcot; then the walk to the monorail station; then the wait for the monorail; then the ride to the TTC; then getting off the monorail and walking around and up to the other monorail platform; then waiting for the other monorail to get you to MK; and then that monorail ride itself ... a simple bus ride will be quicker and easier than all of that.

We tend to center our vacation around which resort we stay at and we prefer to stay at resorts with easy access to parks. When we want to frequent MK, then we stay at CR or Poly for either walking path or monorail service. When we want to frequent Epcot and HS, then we stay at an Epcot resort because of the ease of walking to both of those parks. Personally, we favor BC as we find many more non-park things to do in that resort area. There is constant entertainment on the boardwalk, great dining, Espn Club, surrey bikes, movies on the beach, campfire, great sandy-bottom pool, Beaches & Cream, etc.

CBR is the most centrally located resort in WDW--- meaning none of the parks are that far away. I believe from our last trip, HS seemed to be the fastest (5 minutes?) ride, then Epcot (6-7 minutes), and AK and MK were about the same (10 minutes?). Even the ride to DTD was pretty short (maybe 10-12 minutes). So no park is very far from CBR. Then again, there's not a park that is a boat ride, walk, or monorail ride away either-- you would have to go deluxe to get some of those options.

If you are an Animal Kingdom fan then AKL/AKV are you best bet with less than 5 minutes to them, not sharing buses.

I have to say the Poly is the best. You can walk to the TTC and be a short monorail ride away from both Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.

Don't forget at the Contemporary you are within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom and going to Epcot is also very easy, because it's a very fast Monorail ride to the TTC and then an easy switch to the Epcot Monorail. Plus when going to Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom the Contemporary guests are the first to be picked up by the Disney Transport buses, so they would have the least amount of waiting.

The "best" access depends on which park(s) you go to the most. I spend most of my time at Epcot, and I almost always stay at the Swan or Dolphin. All resorts will have bus service only going to at least one park.

I think since you have young kids Poly would be best. Having direct monorail access to two parks can't be beat. And although the Epcot resorts have great access to Epcot you have to enter in the World Showcase. In the morning the World Showcase is closed and only Future World is opened. So you have a pretty good walk to get to some of the attractions you will want to do with little ones. If you had teenagers or you were doing an adult only trip I would then go with an Epcot resort.

Another vote for Contemporary. Great for MK and EP, Super Bus Service to all other points, and nothing beat jumping out of our bed after watching the 4the 4th fireworks, hitting the Monorail, and making it to Epcot for the 4th illuminations!

Our Fav moderate is POFQ, still liked it better than the Boardwalk!

I depends on what park you like, we love HS and Epcot, so last visit in June we stayed at the BWV and it was a 12 minute walk to HS and a 10 minute walk to Epcot... we loved it!

I would have to go with those who recommend the Poly, due to it's access to the TTC. You've got two quick options for the MK - boat launch or monorail. Quick access to Epcot by taking the walkway to the TTC. Bus service to MGM & AKL, with one stop at another monorail resort, usually the GF.

As a PP mentioned, the Epcot resorts are close to Epcot and MGM - but you have to enter the IG at Epcot. If you take the boat to either Epcot or MGM, you end up stopping at all the Epcot resorts. And the transportation to the other resorts can be long, with either the YC/BC/BWI on the same bus route, or even the YC/BC/BWI/Swolphin on the same route.

I think the Poly has the best all-around transportation options of any resort on property, even over our favorite, the GF!:goodvibes

Each family is different in preferences, but we personally love to enter Epcot through the International Gateway because for us that means easy dinner in a different country each night. Or another thing we love is spending the afternoon at the sandy-bottom pool at BC and then simply walking through the IG to watch Illuminations at night. It really depends on the OP's preferences as to parks. When we want to focus on MK, then we stay at CR for the walking path to MK.....and then we also add Poly into the mix to keep things fresh and different. The TTC at the Poly is a great perk having direct monorail service to both MK and Epcot -- but we still prefer walking paths to parks, and the BC gives us 2 parks we can easily walk to. Some people feel differently -- we had to experience each resort for ourselves to come up with what works best for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter