• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Resort Vote Off! POFQ or AKL - $489 difference

Which Resort - difference in price $489.86

• AKL Pool View

• POFQ King Bed Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Based on that info and park schedule my vote is POFQ. Great mod for the money. Save the extra money.

Oh, and I loved the location. It seemed like it never took more then 10 min to get to any of the parks.

I might be the minority here, but we hated POFQ. Loved the smallness, but hated the buses. Loved the guy who opened the door for us everyday... loved him :) But, truly didnt like the resort. I know not everybody has the same situation.
I have a pool view booked at AKL right now for Feb. I am trying to absorb all info I can get on the place. Been a dream of mine to stay here. I get all misty even thinking about pulling into the place lol.

If you didn't put the price difference, I'd lean towards AKL :).

But with the price, it's just the realization that it's a bit of money, and how much value you find in the upgrade is really specific to your family and trip.

Be aware of time constraints getting from AKL to the parks that aren't AK, you should be fine, but you need to be aware of the potential long turn around.

Nothing, just nothing like AKL in my mind! It is a very unique resort - more of a resort experience than a hotel.:goodvibes I also think it would be wonderful for a couple - lots of great ambiance to enjoy at the resort, great dining, secluded spots by the pool etc. It is very magical!

pixiedust:

I've stayed at both and I have to say that I really loved the smallness of POFQ. I'm glad I stayed at AKL and if I had the opportunity to rent DVC points again I'd stay there again without a doubt, but after staying at the CR and at the YC recently, I just don't put AKL in the same deluxe category in my mind.

If I'm paying the "big bucks" to stay at a deluxe (and not the little bucks renting points), I want it to be a deluxe; AKL is gorgeous and has a sweeping lobby (and animals, don't forget the animals!), but anybody can enjoy those things without the hefty price tag.

For $500 less, I think POFQ is a great, great choice, especially for two adults! But I will say - if you could offer me a room at CR (even a garden room!), or at the BC/YC/BWV for $500 more that POFQ for four nights? I would jump on it. And then, after booking, I would hop up and down like a little girl, squealing. :)

Now, when my ex and I went, he took one look at BC/YC, looked at me accusingly, and asked why we hadn't stayed there instead of POFQ. Just sayin.... ;)

I voted AKL because everytime I walk into the lobby I take a deep breath and just feel my entire self relax. It is beautiful and calming and just wonderful. POFQ is just the opposite. When I walk into the main building there I feel the excitement and everything feels lively and frenetic. For two adults AKL just seems so much more appropriate -- even with the price difference.

We have stayed at both POFQ and CSR, and everyone agreed that we much preferred POFQ. After a day of so much walking, it was easier to get to our room. Also, as Jillianv29 pointed out, it seemed to be a shorter bus ride to the parks. Finally - Beignets :love:

I voted AKL. It sounds like you'll have some time to enjoy while dining at both Jiko and Boma. You may decide to cancel one of your scheduled ADR's to enjoy a little bit more at AKL too. It's truly a unique resort. If your budget can allow it, I'd go that route.

We have stayed at both POFQ and CSR, and everyone agreed that we much preferred POFQ. After a day of so much walking, it was easier to get to our room. Also, as Jillianv29 pointed out, it seemed to be a shorter bus ride to the parks. Finally - Beignets :love:

Oh yeah...I forgot about the Beignets...yum!!

Decisions are hard :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter