Resort Vote Off! POFQ or AKL - $489 difference

Which Resort - difference in price $489.86

• AKL Pool View

• POFQ King Bed Room

Results are only viewable after voting.

loveshak22

DIS Veteran
I'm turning to my trustful sidekicks here on the Disboard to help me make up my mind!

Should I stay in a pool view room at AKL or a King bed room at POFQ when the difference is $489.86.

Some other facts to consider:
1. We are only there 4 days/5 nights, 2 adults (me and DH)
2. We have 2 pre-park opening breakfast ADRs in the parks and will be at the parks all day with ADRs at 7:00 for dinner so there will be little time in the hotel except for our first day when we arrive (2-3 hours before dinner at Ohana) and our last day when AK closes at 5:00 we'll have a few hours before dinner
3. One benefit to AKL is our last ADR of the trip is Jiko. So we could have a day at AK, back to resort, clean-up, and dinner at the hotel on our last night and I'd like to do breakfast at Boma if we stay at AKL but not huge on our to-do list.

Alright - vote now!

Well, my vote is AKL. My DH & I check in there this Saturday and I can not wait. We are huge animal lovers so AKL is a :thumbsup2 for us.

Cute pup, BTW. Burmese Mountain Dog?

Well, my vote is AKL. My DH & I check in there this Saturday and I can not wait. We are huge animal lovers so AKL is a :thumbsup2 for us.

Cute pup, BTW. Burmese Mountain Dog?

Thanks!! She's an entlebucher - in the same family as the berners just smaller and short coats. We have a boy too and we love them!

I hope you love AKL!

We just did our first deluxe stay a little over a month ago. While we LOVED AKL...it was beautiful...we both agreed we would NEVER pay to stay there if we were doing the parks, too. Resort only vacation there is the ONLY way to get your monies worth. $500 more to sleep at a different hotel, pretty much. The beds are the same size.

I would not spend the money on it unless you were going to be there 24/7 enjoying the amenities (and even that, we didn't feel, is worth it. So back to Pop we go!)

I'm turning to my trustful sidekicks here on the Disboard to help me make up my mind!

Should I stay in a pool view room at AKL or a King bed room at POFQ when the difference is $489.86.

Some other facts to consider:
1. We are only there 4 days/5 nights, 2 adults (me and DH)
2. We have 2 pre-park opening breakfast ADRs in the parks and will be at the parks all day with ADRs at 7:00 for dinner so there will be little time in the hotel except for our first day when we arrive (2-3 hours before dinner at Ohana) and our last day when AK closes at 5:00 we'll have a few hours before dinner
3. One benefit to AKL is our last ADR of the trip is Jiko. So we could have a day at AK, back to resort, clean-up, and dinner at the hotel on our last night and I'd like to do breakfast at Boma if we stay at AKL but not huge on our to-do list.

Alright - vote now!

My opinion is that you should upgrade anytime that you can do a deluxe for $490.00 more! AKL is beautiful and a great place for adults. You will love it. Be sure to ask for a king bed. It is not bookable, but you will probably get it.

My vote is for AKL pool view. We've never stayed at POFQ, but we are a deluxe family and we loved AKL :goodvibes.

PoFQ is my favorite mod, but I rarely pick a mod over a deluxe. For me I feel there is a huge differnce in service and comfort level between a deluxe and a moderate. It depends on the price difference but it also depends on what you value. We do spend time at the resort and AKV is "home". We love it.

I'm loving this vote off!!

Thanks everyone who's voted so far and given me comments! Right now I'm leaning towards AKL and that's what's winning the poll...but I feel I still can be swayed :)

I would lean towards AKL although it does seem you won't have too much time to enjoy it, and $500 is $500. When are you going? Will you be there to see Christmas decorations? Then, a big fat yes to AKL.

The only way I'd give up staying at FQ is if I upgraded to a monorail resort. No other resort will do.

I would lean towards AKL although it does seem you won't have too much time to enjoy it, and $500 is $500. When are you going? Will you be there to see Christmas decorations? Then, a big fat yes to AKL.

No - we will be there at the end of January so no Christmas lights. I'm thinking we could get there early on our check-in day, which will give us several hours to enjoy the resort...plus I'm excited about the night vision goggles with the Savannah so a couple of nights we can still enjoy that activity. Plus AK closes at 5:00 one day so that gives us a lot of time to come back and explore and enjoy Jiko.

There is no comparison ... AKL! By a mile!!! We were there in January one year, and it was such a wonderful place to be when the weather turned cold and rainy, because it's all indoors. The aromas, the firepit, the overall ambiance - amazing!

I have stayed at POFQ and visited AKL. I did not care for AKL at all. It's so dark, and nothing like I expected. I would go with POFQ all the way!

I have stayed at POFQ and visited AKL. I did not care for AKL at all. It's so dark, and nothing like I expected. I would go with POFQ all the way!

I will admit that the animals appeal to me but I was worried about the decor. I love the feeling of POFQ but I also loved WL and it was darker decor as well.

Been to both. Love AKL, but if you aren't going to be there much, I can't justify the price difference. When we stayed at AKL, we made sure we had plenty of time to enjoy the resort. POFQ is great and that would be my choice based on how you will be spending your days.

Sounds like there would be several things you would make time to enjoy at AKL. There is no place like "home" for us :) AKL all the way!

I voted for AKL! I have not stayed at POFQ or AKL, however I have been to AKL and was very impressed with the resort and would even consider staying there, depsite loving the Poly so mcuh! Having stayed at a value, moderate, and deluxe resort I have to say that I prefer the deluxe. You can't go wrong with AKL and I think you will really enjoy it!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter