Resort Swap 2012-All postal but 1!

PrincessNancy96- Your package has arrived! I popped it into a storage container in my scrap room until we are ready to swap out! Thanks so much for the goodies! :)

going to check in for the 20th....will get started on these after we get home from vaca!!!

Thanks for checking in- I hope you're having a great time on your vaca! :)

I'm checking in early and I thought that I'd add that I'm going to do photo frames for my element.

Added the frames...thanks for checking in!

I have a question about the borders in the elements section. I know they have to be about 12 inches to cover a 12x12 page. How wide do they have to be. I know they also have to be matted. Thanks.

When it comes to the borders, i'd say it's your call- I wouldn't go more than 2ish inches but it's all personal preference.

Anyone have any opinion on the width? I checked the swap glossary but it doesn't specify width.

You're welcome, Nancy. :)

As the hostess I'm not sure if I need to check in but....I'm done all but 1 group and I just need to make the icon for the All Star group. Hoping to get on it this weekend.

hi dacky!

I have a question for you. Since we are the only 2 in the Beach Club group, do you have a preference on how big I make the paper piecing? I was thinking 4 inch-ish, but if you like something smaller - or bigger - let me know! The hard part is done - they are designed and sitting on my Gypsy, so they will be easy to add a few or take off a few inches! Let me know :)

Here are my groups

AOA letters:
IMG_7266.jpg

AOA Shapes:
IMG_7267.jpg

I could not figure out how to embellish the cone, so I included a sticker for everyone.

Hope these are okay, if not let me know.

Vicky, I will not be mailing these for at least 2 weeks.

Cassey, your letters and shapes are FANTASTIC!!! Love them!!!!!!

hi dacky!

I have a question for you. Since we are the only 2 in the Beach Club group, do you have a preference on how big I make the paper piecing? I was thinking 4 inch-ish, but if you like something smaller - or bigger - let me know! The hard part is done - they are designed and sitting on my Gypsy, so they will be easy to add a few or take off a few inches! Let me know :)

4 inches would be perfect! I usually make my paper piecings 4 inches or bigger- they just look so much better that way!

Checking in..,.not much to report. I have some paper set aside, should have time to start on them in the next week or so. :)

I am checking in! I have all my papers and embellies gathered. My two groups should be finished by the end of the week.
Stephanie

Checking in!

All of my papers are cut and I have assembled a few things. I'll work on more assembling after work today, embellishing on Wednesday and I should be done by the weekend!

I'll try to post a pic after work, because I need advice :confused3 Have a great day!

Lori B.

Checking in. Nothing to report.
Waiting for the kids to go back to school, get my Cricut back from a friend, and clear off some crafting space in my room.

Love everything everyone has done so far!!

Checking in. Gathered papers over the weekend. Started on my photo mats last night. Hopefully get some work done this week. School starts back next Monday. Will have more time.

Thanks for checking in! :thumbsup2

Checking in!

All of my papers are cut and I have assembled a few things. I'll work on more assembling after work today, embellishing on Wednesday and I should be done by the weekend!

I'll try to post a pic after work, because I need advice :confused3 Have a great day!

Lori B.

I'll be on later if you need any help. If you have a log in for photobucket, it's not bad at all. I will definitely walk you through the posting process. :)

Here is one of the paper-piecings I am working on. I can't decide if I should bling it up a bit - I am thinking embossing/flocking... or should I distress it with spray/inking? I like both looks. Any other suggestions/ideas? I am open!

Also, the inspiration for the project was the traditional BC logo, where the umbrella has some grey/taupe stripes. Yay or Nay? Plus, I noticed the letter spacing was way off! Adding that to the list of things to re-cut!

85250252-6986-4984-9AAA-A1690D85C898-579-000000DDC01F6F97.jpg

Thanks for your input!

One more question~

I am using the Gypsy to "build" my letters, and as I am piecing them I noticed that they are not exactly 2 inches. The B from one cartridge might be, but the other is a little smaller. I am setting the height to 2. What am I doing wrong? The colors look cute, but I don't want wimpy letters!;) Thanks!

I like the umbrella without the stripes, but if you can make them without a problem, it would look pretty fantastic!

I like the idea of embossing/flocking. Which part of the logo would you do that to?

I actually don't have experience with a gypsy but hopefully another swapper can help!

Checking in- I have chosen my paper and designs but haven't actually done them. I have it on my schedule for this week.

Rebecca

One more question~

I am using the Gypsy to "build" my letters, and as I am piecing them I noticed that they are not exactly 2 inches. The B from one cartridge might be, but the other is a little smaller. I am setting the height to 2. What am I doing wrong? The colors look cute, but I don't want wimpy letters!;) Thanks!

Not the hostess, but I've run into this trouble before. The height of some letters is off, sometimes I think it's just to screw with my head, because of serifs and stuff. I think if you set it at 2, you should be all set. Usually your shadow is a little larger.

Love the new stuff posted!

we are home! will start working on my groups in the next couple of days!

love what everyone is posting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter