Resort Change by Disney

Update here. We hung up after 3+ hours on hold, and tried back again a little later - got right through. We were able to change our June 19-23 at Pop to Copper Creek. Boardwalk Villas was another option but that would've been $100 more.
Awesome! So I’m guessing I can call when our dates are opened up for modifications and change to a resort we like instead of being put in one we don’t like?

Any clue as too how far into June and or July they are modifying??? I think I've seen right up to park opening but spent the day vacationing from the thread lol. I'm Aug 30 Pop,. So I know I have a few weeks to go.

Also any movement on the new Park Registration system. Still got my PH's, but anticipate them going.

Any clue as too how far into June and or July they are modifying??? I think I've seen right up to park opening but spent the day vacationing from the thread lol. I'm Aug 30 Pop,. So I know I have a few weeks to go.

Also any movement on the new Park Registration system. Still got my PH's, but anticipate them going.

I believe the current dates are back end of June up to July 4th.

Awesome! So I’m guessing I can call when our dates are opened up for modifications and change to a resort we like instead of being put in one we don’t like?

As long as you are changing the dates of your trip. Guests who want to keep the same dates and are at a closed resort, will not be given a choice as to where they will be moved because Disney is not charging the guest for the move.

If you change dates, then you will pay full price for the rooms at whatever DVC resort is available..or Ft Wilderness,

Now, it is certainly possible that the next round of reservations, because parks would be opening will have different rules,

So, they could allow people a choice to keep same dates as long as they want to pay,

But, free moves...if offered...will continue to be Disney choice...TAs were given that info a few weeks back.

The other reality is that some guests could get canceled if there are not enough open rooms left at whichever resorts are open.

We rented points for a split stay - Poly on July 2 moving to AKL Jambo on July 4. We got an email for the Poly portion, but nothing for AKL Jambo on the 4th.

Right now, only until July 4th

We rented points for a split stay - Poly on July 2 moving to AKL Jambo on July 4. We got an email for the Poly portion, but nothing for AKL Jambo on the 4th.

I have a split stay and only got one as a DVC member.

This is what I'm personally getting anxious over.

I would not yet until we see when other resorts open. Again, right now it’s DVC only, but as soon as other open...say the rumor is true that deluxe is next...that opens a lot more rooms,

Rumored sources is we will have info by weeks end to give us more in reference to this and the park reservation system!

Was this a studio at AKL Kidani? Just trying to gauge how availability is. Although, I know stuff will change and/or fill up. I have a studio rented DVC at BWV for 7/12-18 and a regular BWI for 7/18-21. I have heard studios are filling up though.
Sorry. I've been in a Zoom meeting the last three hours. Yes. It's a studio. We were trying to keep it as affordable as possible. I would actually rather wait until next summer but my DD has been through so much with her grandma dying a few days ago and other things that I wanted to have something for her to look forward to.

Personally, I would wait to see if you need to be moved and allow Disney to make you an offer for a free upgrade before you offer to pay more to move. If you initiate the change you'll have to pay rack rate but if Disney does then it will be free.

Yes I have already said we are a small percentage and so we are in the know more which means there are plenty who are not following the reduction in what will be offered and won't cancel .............. I know lots of people that have changed literally nothing regarding their summer or fall plans and the only way their vacations got cancelled (mostly cruises) is because the company cancelled them. People are acting like this is over everywhere and I don't think the cancels are that high, rather the opposite, folks are desperate to get out and go on vacation.

I think the people are hoping that July will be better, and by August or September stuff will be back. Heard people say that they will appreciate the parks at half capacity not waiting in huge lines so good with other stuff gone. And some I see can't just move vacation to a different date or cancel plane tickets or can't get their payments back.

Things like they just added back a Character Meal are the things that folks will hold on to that by time they go things will be good.

I hope it all works out for everybody - but lots seem to be banking on Disney making magic for everyone.

We are talking about the hotel side being open. DVC can not handle all the DVC required guests and cash guests.

Deluxe resorts only have 5400 rooms, and those hotels have existing reservations.

Reduced capacity is likely done by not opening resorts.

Oh I do think they will move to the deluxe rooms, but they are finite. And we are talking 5400 rooms vs 18,000 value and moderate rooms.

Be great if everyone who wants a room gets one but the math really isn't there unless the state lifts their park capacity letting Disney open up more resorts.

I have to disagree, I’m on about 6 Disney Facebook pages, and every day TONS of people say they pulled the trigger and cancelled

Has anyone had a resort only reservation??? I have two trips for this summer and we didn't get tickets yet for the August one 😣

We have a RO reservation after our DVC stay. We have AP's though.

Only report so far moving from ASMo has been to FW cabins and that is a hard 'no' from me. I'd much rather be at SSR (we are a fam of 6 so they'd have to put us in a 2-bed) than moving us to a FW cabin with only one bathroom. No, no, no!!!

FWIW - if they give an option of DVC studios, Old Key West offers 2 actual queen beds, no pull-outs. You could also call and get your reservations linked and noted that your rooms need to be moved to the same resort.
I'm wondering when we can do this. We have two rooms at ASMo for our fam of 6 (7/25-7/29). I called a couple of days ago to 'link' the reservations and the CM was unable to do so. Said to call back once the system was up for allowing modifications. But I'm worried by the time they are back up for our dates, we will not be given an option where we move to and it won't be the same resort. My guess is inventory will be much, much more limited as we go.

I think so :(

I'd call again next week now that they have a policy covering your trip start date, give them a couple days to get ducks in line at call centers with how to handle 6/22-7/4 reservations and then call about yours. If they're moving everyone else for free there is no excuse for refusing to move you.
Hmmm... eventually I received a call back from Disney. I missed the call, so they left a voicemail saying that my US TA had cancelled my reservation, not them. It makes no sense but luckily because Disney left a voicemail I was able to forward the message to the TA. Someone has made a mistake and is misleading me, but as yet I am not sure who. 🤔 We all make mistakes and it is not the end of the world, no real harm done etc., but I would like to know the truth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter