Resolution In Action (Hopefully, It Keeps the Space)

well, i ran week 4 day 1, and my knees are killing me. I almost stopped during the run, but i pushed thru it. I don't know if it's my shoes or the way I'm running, but something definitely has to give.

Matt

Didn't work out this morning due to being too worried about my eye. Went to the eye doctor, says I have stye and gave me some medicine. This evening, I went bowling with 7 co-workers. Our team won both games, and I had the second highest score for our team (and second highest total in the second game). Not bad for haven't gone bowling in at least three years. I think I averaged about 130...

Quite tired right now, but I'll see if I can do my run tomorrow morning (if not, for sure tomorrow night).

Still doing the kettlebell class. Ran two miles before the class, did the class, ran my other two miles afterward. I'm hoping that I will not be as sore tomorrow as I was last week, but I rather think that I will wake up extremely stiff and sore tomorrow morning.

Ok, I have to start now, I just signed up for a Spartan Race in June....

I've gained 5 pounds since New Year's... definitely need a wake up call :)

Ok, I have to start now, I just signed up for a Spartan Race in June....

I've gained 5 pounds since New Year's... definitely need a wake up call :)

What, exactly, is a Spartan Race?

I finally got around to running today. Not as good as my Sunday run, but I was able to go for 25 minutes only jogging. I started a little too fast, and was breathing a little heavy after only two minutes, but then I slowed a bit, and was able to get a good breathing rate. I have a feeling I'll be feeling a little sore tomorrow, but I'll try it again tomorrow night.

Ok! Got some new running shoes and runners knee. I will try the bike until my knees aren't hurting anymore. I have lost about 4 lbs though.:cool1:

Matt

Ok! Got some new running shoes and runners knee. I will try the bike until my knees aren't hurting anymore. I have lost about 4 lbs though.:cool1:

Matt

Congrats. I have to run on a treadmill because of a hip injury. Are you running inside or outside?

Congrats. I have to run on a treadmill because of a hip injury. Are you running inside or outside?

I have been running inside, the temp has been varying way to much to chance it. I have mostly been using the treadmill, and the one time i used the track did not want me to go back.

I have always had iffy knees, and the running has been aggravating them the last few runs. I also realized, surprisingly, that I am not 17 anymore. :confused3.

If you guys have a "Running Store" near you, I suggest them wholeheartedly.The guy I had explained things to me, watched how I walked and jogged, and then filmed me on the treadmill. He showed me how my feet were turning out slightly and hooked me up with the right shoes!

Matt

Just did some circuit training in the house. We have an exercise bike and a wii fit board (with the EA Active step things to raise it) Some light dumbbells, some elastic strap thingies and a bosu (sp?) ball.

DW and I did one round, with 5 minutes at each, so 25 minutes total. Worked up a good sweat.

Not too bad, made quick work of something thats typically pretty boring for me.

I don't think I've mentioned what runs I'm trying to train for. Here's what I have planned so far:

4/7 Cherry Blossom Marathon (I'll be running a 10K) in Gyeongju
4/15 another 10K (Ulsan Maeil Marathon) in Ulsan
6/10 Pohang Half Marathon in Pohang (I hope to do the actual half, and it's in the city's live in)
12/2 Homigot Marathon in Pohang (hope to do the full)

The run in December is not for certain yet. We may or may not be in America around that time.

Another Thursday, another kettlebell class. I keep trying to get there early, so that I can get my run in before the class, but it just hasn't happened. Instead, I wind up with situations like today - I got there in time to run 2.5 miles, do the class, and then suffer through another 2.5 miles.

I'd be asleep right now, but it's half day of schools here, so the kids are running around and I need to be awake for that.

well, I wont be running for a few days. I jogged a little at the running store to get my new shoes, and Ive been limping since then. Gonna give my legs a few days to heal and try again. :sick:

Matt

well, I wont be running for a few days. I jogged a little at the running store to get my new shoes, and Ive been limping since then. Gonna give my legs a few days to heal and try again. :sick:

Matt

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you a safe recovery. (And it's kinda ironic that you hurt yourself while testing for shoes)

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you a safe recovery. (And it's kinda ironic that you hurt yourself while testing for shoes)

In reality, my knees have been hurting for a week or so. Im just hoping I can get them healed up so I can get back on the treadmill soon. But I appreciate the concern.:thumbsup2

Matt

Hey guys!

Is everyone still keeping up with the program? I know I didnt this weekend, but I plan on heading in to the Y this evening. Still cant jog cuz of the knees, but I plan on either trying some of the weight machines or biking.

Matt

Hey guys!

Is everyone still keeping up with the program? I know I didnt this weekend, but I plan on heading in to the Y this evening. Still cant jog cuz of the knees, but I plan on either trying some of the weight machines or biking.

Matt

Slowly, but surely. We've had a number of rainy days this past week, so I didn't get to run as much as I would have liked. Did about 2 hours of walking yesterday while shopping with DW. Today, I did a 30 minute jog followed by a 15 minute walk. Well probably do a lot of walking tomorrow in Busan. Hopefully, I'll have some time tomorrow to run, as well. I still have two days off, so I also hope to get a good jog in on Wednesday.

Well, We went to the Y and I did 8 miles on the bike, medium setting, random hills. Legs were tight when done but I did. Then I spent an hour in the pool with the girls. I am quite knackered, let me tell you.

Matt

I've really slacked off since the Marathon 2 weeks ago. In 2 weeks I've gained about 8 pounds. Decided that was too much. I ran 5 miles yesterday and I made it to the gym to lift today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter