Resolution In Action (Hopefully, It Keeps the Space)

Haven't posted anywhere in a bit, let alone here.

Had my first kettlebell class today. See, at the Y, or around town, I run. A lot. But pretty much nothing other than running. This is good for running, but only up to a point, because when you start running long distances (like marathon training), you actually do need some core muscles. And, after this morning, I can pretty much attest to the fact that I am a lot closer to having abs of jell-o than abs of steel. Hopefully a couple of months of heaving those annoying little iron weights around will show some improvement.

I'm enjoying hearing other peoples progress - let's keep this thread active!

Didn't get a chance to work out last night, nor this morning. Joined DW in meeting her friend. Ended up drinking for about 3-4 hours. Didn't wake up u til 8:30, 30 minutes later than the time I usually leave for work! It's very strange, what woke me up was DW saying "get up." However, she was fast asleep in another room (when I drink, I snore pretty loudly, so to spare her a night of no sleep, I sleep in our other bedroom). I'm pretty sure that I dreamed it. Thought that was pretty interesting.

I will for sure be running tonight. C25K Day 2.

I hope everyone is well. For some of us getting in shape also means losing a significant amount of weight. That is me! I weighed myself yesterday and I hope this thread can keep me on the track I need to be on. I weighed in at 226 lbs.

When I rean my last half marathon I weighed 185 :scared1: my goal is to be at 200 by my birthday in mid June.

C25K week 3 day 2 completed last night. I did learn one thing from this last training period, Running after eating Baked Ravioli is not usually a good idea. But I finished the run and didn't puke like some punk!:thumbsup2
Im weighing in over 200 myself, and I would like to drop 20-30 lbs by summer myself. I do need to start some weight training or pushups/situps. But one hurdle at a time.

Matt

Well, didn't get to running yesterday like I wanted. Still wasn't feeling 100% when I got home from work.

Today, I planned on working out before work, like I did on Monday and Tuesday. Alarm was messed up from yesterday. Woke up at 6:30, but alarm went off at 7. I thought it was a little too cold to go for a run (it was a little below freezing), and I didn't want to disturb DW or the neighbors with a Wii exercise, so I opted for an afterwork workout.

Finally got around to it around 9:15 this evening. I did sort of a modified Day 2 for C25K. Instead of 60 sec running/90 sec walking for 20 minutes, I did this:
1st 10 minutes: 90 sec running/60 sec walking.
Then, I anticipated doing the planned 60:90, but I had to meet the wife at 10, so I did a minute of running, 90 seconds of walking, then 3 minutes of running. Followed by about 7-10 minutes of walking to get to DW's workplace.

I thought the workout went fairly well. In fact, I'm going to try to do the same thing tomorrow.

I haven't weighed myself since last weekend, but I was just over 200, I believe. I'd like to knock that down about 15-20 lbs. Preferably by summer.

I kinda mapped a few runs I want to do in my area over the next year. There's the Cherry Blossom Marathon that I want to do the 10K for on April 8th. In June, there's a half marathon in my city of Pohang, that goes along the beach. Then there's a full in December, also in my city.

If we can somehow manage it, finance wise, I'd love to either do the Wine & Dine Half in November, or the Half or Full in January at WDW next year. But that's in the VEEEERRRRYYYY early preliminary possible agenda for a future planning and budgeting meeting for the Vacational purposes Department.

Another thing that I haven't mentioned recently. I was able to cut my smoking down to a pack every two days last week. On Saturday, I slipped a bit (mostly due to boredom). Sunday and Monday, I only had two cigarettes each day. Tuesday, I don't remember how many I had, I'm thinking maybe 4 or 5 (I was drinking at the time). However, all day Wednesday and all day today, I have not had a single cigarette. Nor do I have any urges to have any. I didn't even experience any cravings the past two days (I had lots of craving Sun-Tues)! :woohoo::cool1:

Rock on! Got to love it when you can cut back on the cigarettes!

Im not even looking at the preliminary investigation into the possiblity of running a half yet. I will be happy if I can make it thru the C25K program! But a trip that time frame does sound good!:thumbsup2

Matt

We'll I'm back from Marathon weekend. It was a lot of fun. While all the races at Marathon weekend are fun, I'd suggest doing the marathon relay instead of the Half Marathon if you are going to do a Half Marathon at disney. Each leg of the relay has a better course and the course is a lot less crowded.

I think I am going to try and do the EE challenge with DS in May. If any of you can swing a quick disney trip it's a very good value compared to the other disney races. For $125 you get your race entry fee, (t-shirt and medal), you get access to the post race party in AK. And you get another 1 day ticket to any park.

Matt what are you going to do after c25k?

Congrats on cutting back on smoking Casey.

Matt what are you going to do after c25k?

Not sure. I think I would like to either continue working on my time or go for longer distance. I haven't really planned that far ahead. Whats the EE challenge?

Matt

hmmm sounds interesting. I will have to take this up with the Wife an see if we can swing a weekend trip. Thanks!

Matt

Second kettlebell class today. Not saying that I am sore, but laughing, sneezing, etc - all a Bad Ideas right now. Is there anything lower than abs of jell-o?

Of course, moving furniture around in the basement probably wasn't the smartest idea in the world either. I still have a new workbench to put together, and the basement is going to be a huge mess until it is - at which point, the basement becomes only a big mess.

Second kettlebell class today. Not saying that I am sore, but laughing, sneezing, etc - all a Bad Ideas right now. Is there anything lower than abs of jell-o?

Of course, moving furniture around in the basement probably wasn't the smartest idea in the world either. I still have a new workbench to put together, and the basement is going to be a huge mess until it is - at which point, the basement becomes only a big mess.

I have thought about doing one of those classes at the Y. How long is the class you are in?

I have thought about doing one of those classes at the Y. How long is the class you are in?

Officially 45 minutes, but unofficially, about twelve hours. :lmao: I'm taking it at our Y, so it's twice a week, 45 minutes each time (including warm-up and cool-down), and runs for 8 weeks - I think - it's either six or eight, but I don't feel like looking it up right now, because it would probably depress me. ;)

I'm joking, but while it hurts, I also know that doing something besides just running has got to be good for me, even though it hurts like Beverly right now.

Officially 45 minutes, but unofficially, about twelve hours. :lmao: I'm taking it at our Y, so it's twice a week, 45 minutes each time (including warm-up and cool-down), and runs for 8 weeks - I think - it's either six or eight, but I don't feel like looking it up right now, because it would probably depress me. ;)

I'm joking, but while it hurts, I also know that doing something besides just running has got to be good for me, even though it hurts like Beverly right now.

When I did my last race a few years ago, I did an abs specific class and after the first day I swear I could not get out of the fetal position :scared1:

Hey guys,

Week 3 day 3 done! Feeling it a little bit this evening, had to run the track, all of the treadmills were in use. Definetly harder on the track. But that may be due to dodging the other people and kids!

Wife was receptive to the weekend EE trip. Now to get the money to register...

Matt

Trying to figure out my schedule for tonight after work. I usually get home around 7 or so, and I have time to myself until 10, when DW gets off of work. I need to go grocery shopping. The question is, do I go on my way home from work, then workout, then meet DW? Or do I go home, workout, then go grocery shopping, and meet DW on the way home? I'm leaning more towards the former. Carrying the groceries home could be part of my workout (about a mile to the store and back)...

Ok. So, unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to workout Friday or Saturday (unless you would count carrying 10+ pounds of groceries about a mile Friday night).

However, I just got home from a run (well, more of a very slow jog, really). I just wanted to see how long I could last. I found a bike path near my home, and wanted to try that out. I started at about 6:25, and finished at 7:10. According to walkjogrun, I jogged 4 miles/6.5 km! In just 45 minutes! And I feel mostly fine right now (just ankles bothering me a bit). My pace was just over 11 minutes a mile.

Here's the route I ran.

Depending on how well my legs are feeling in the morning, I may try it again!

Legs are feeling fine today, but it was raining when I woke up. So, now I'm planning on doing the run tonight when I get home from work.

We are going to head out to the Y sometime tomorrow. Gonna start week 4 then. Recovered from the night of extended drinking and snacking last night, so I have to make up for it!

Matt

Ugh, it's still raining. I still want to run, but I don't really have appropriate clothes for running in the rain (wouldn't be a problem in the summer, but right now it's about 40 degrees...). I could do a Wii run, but I'm flat footed, and don't like to run too much with no support... :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter