Reservations for family - qualify for perks?

Joan BWV98

Mouseketeer
I have made a reservation for my sister and her granddaughter using my points. Does she get treated as a member with access to the Community Hall, discounts, etc. Will it say "member" on her room key?

When I booked 4 rooms for my family members back in 06 all thier room keys said members. Not sure if this has changed.

Sometimes you will need to produce a DVC member card in order to get the discounts.

Technically, only guests staying with the member on points is entitled to the DVC perks. If you are not there, they should not get the perks. Their room ID card may say member, but they may also be required to show the blue member card.

Just got back from a December rental. Didn't try to use any member perks, so can't say what is/isn't being allowed these days. But our room cards all said "DVC Member".

Actually some perks are extended to guests and others are not. In general those that require the member or member's blue card be present have been expanding over the last few years. Unfortunately there is know way to know if they'll get any perks and I would not count on them.

Thanks for the info. I was mostly interested in the use of the Community Hall and the valet parking. They should get that since I never had to show my blue card for that.: pixiedust: :thanks: :disrocks:

Thanks for the info. I was mostly interested in the use of the Community Hall and the valet parking. They should get that since I never had to show my blue card for that.: pixiedust: :thanks: :disrocks:

They should be required to show the blue member card for valet parking since that doesn't matter if you are staying at a resort or not.

I was mostly interested in the use of the Community Hall and the valet parking. They should get that since I never had to show my blue card for that.: pixiedust: :thanks: :disrocks:
Actually, they shouldn't get those perks that are reserved for members. But they might. :)

Use of Community Hall is for all guests of the BWV and BWI no matter how you paid for your room - you do not have to be a DVC member to enjoy the activities at Community Hall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter