• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Requesting specific room at Poly

funcinderella

DIS Veteran
I requested one room from a specific set of rooms at the Poly (a stretch of 10) for our trip in late August. We are arriving late fri night, but staying offsite, and will check in as early as possible on Sat morning. What are the chances that we will get a room in the section we are asking for? (We are not asking for any upgrades, just a specific garden view room.)

The rooms would have to be empty on the day you check in. Depending on the time of year you are going that is rare.

You probably have as good a chance of not getting it as you do getting it. It would be impossible for any of us to say.

Problem with requesting specific room numbers is, if they are not available the room placement team has no idea where to put you.

I always ask for something more general such as NS, top floor. That gives them many options to make me happy.

Don't set yourself up for dissapointment.

I assume you're asking for the GV rooms that offer a partial LV? I suspect those rooms are always occupied. If that's what you really want, pay for LV. You really should request a specific floor, smoking or general location. Asking for specific room numbers doesn't give them much to work with.

Getting there early and being willing to wait for a room may help but there not going to move a guest so you can get one of the 10 rooms.

I called the day before we left and requested a room and got it the next day at check in

::yes::

I think it depends on the room availability AND the CM on duty. We have been successful asking for specific Poly buildings/floors/views on several occassions. (On one trip we got the exact room we requested)

We have had the CM tell us upon arrival (usually around 10:00 a.m.) that it can't hurt to request and that they love to accomodate when possible.

Good Luck! :wave2:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter