Renting Points at BCV vs. BWV for a Wedding

PrincessMonkey

Disney Princess
I am hoping you can help us with our DVC rental questions. My fiance and I are approx. 30 years old, and we are financing our Disney wedding. We are annual passholders that visit Disney 2-3 times every year, but we do not own DVC yet. :wizard:

For our wedding, we need to rent and book [more than one villa during a Spring holiday weekend], and we have narrowed our DVC selections to Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas. If we can rent these points by the end of this month, we should be right at the 7-month reservations mark.

Here are our questions:

As we've never stayed there, is there something about these villas that could help us make up our minds between the two?

How difficult will it be to rent [more than one villa during a Spring holiday weekend] at BCV ? How about at Boardwalk Villas?

That said, how difficult is it to rent any villas at BCV vs. BWV during a holiday weekend, Friday and Saturday nights?

If these villas are available, how much should we expect to pay (in total) for this many points?

Is there anything else we should keep in mind about renting points from fellow DISers? We like to be prepared!

Thanks for taking a look at our questions. :hug:

EDIT: Note that this post has been edited so as not to be construed as a "Reservation Wanted" post, which is only allowed on our Rent/Trade board. Edits appear in Navy, but still much of the post, including number of points desired and actual dates, has been removed. Please note that we allow, and encourage, generic rental questions, but enough specifics to make the post viable for a rental transaction is not allowed on the regular DVC Boards. Thanks- Chuck S

Hi Princess Monkey,

I am just adding my 2cents, first, since I am up in the middle of the night...im a firm believer in the fact that all things are possible...but in a DVC sense of mind, a peak time of year, at BCV will be near impossible and BWV will be as close to near impossible as well but not as close.

They will be two very hard resorts to grasp...but if someone already has the reservation and has no intention of using it and has all intentions of renting it...maybe you will be able to find it.

Maybe you will want to post on the rent trade board to draw some attention to your need.

If the villas are available you should expect to pay the going rate somewhere between $10-$12 per point maybe even more because of the time of year that you are requesting. It also could be possible that the renter would give it to you for less seeming how you need such a significant amount of points.

Good Luck with your wedding planning!!!

Because you need Fri and Sat nights you will have a better chance. Since these nights cost more points they tend to book later. DO NOT WAIT! Post now! There is no reason to wait for 7 months because there may well be a BCV or BWV owner willing to rent the points right this minute.
Regarding which resort, it is really a matter of personal taste. We own at BWV so are biased, but the gazebo just past ESPN on the way to Epcot is a popular spot for weddings. The porch outside of the BW lobby has a lot of bridal party photo ops. Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance are fun for partying afterwards. Good luck and congratulations!

ita with what pp Jean advised : do not wait until 7 mos or less to try for this because you will be in competition with all other DVC members who are trying to book at DVCs that are not their Home Resort at that point; from 11 mos - 7mos+1 day prior to check-in date you'd want it is still during the Home Resort priority booking window so you would have much better chance during that time period of reserving what you're hoping for.

BCV & BWV both give you lots of walking distance options for dining, entertainment, visiting other resorts around Crescent Lake but BCV gives you the added feature of Storm Along Bay. If you stay at BWV you & your guests can't pool hop to SAB or any of the pools at YC/BC because they are only available to guests at BCV.

Go to the Rent/Trade board and read the stickies up top to fully understand renting DVC points - you are actually renting the reservation made with points from the DVC member & that member controls and handles everything to do with the reservation until you check-in so obviously you need to establish that you trust this member ( and a contract is always wise ); the member will arrange ME if you or your guests plan to use to/from airport and would note any special room location requests you may have and would inform MS at least 48 hours before check-in if you want DDP which is payable by you when you check in ( all guests listed on reservation would have to purchase DDP ).

You may want to have some backup DVC resorts in mind since you mentioned during spring holiday time is when you need to book these villas - BCV is one of the smallest DVC resorts & BWV (& BCV) are extremely popular.

Best wishes to you on your planning & come back if we can be of further help :goodvibesCONGRATULATIONS :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Not that I have to say anything about booking the rooms other than repeating the other posters mantra of book now. But I can tell you that my wife and I got married at the Wedding Pavillion in 2005, and stayed at the BWV. We actually rented a Grand Villa for most of the week and used it as a home base for the wedding party and other guests. The best part was the Welcome party we threw for our guests when everyone got to Orlando. That villa is made for a party! We had about 75 people in the room it was a great time highly recommended. We also came back up to our room after the Rehearsal Dinner at the FLying Fish to give out gifts for our attendants and the like. Then on the morning of the wedding we had our pictures taken in the lobby. Being a huge amusement park fan and Disneyphile, this was perfect with the model rollercoaster in the background. The Bellvue lounge turned into some great shots for my groomsmen and I as well. All in all it was a fantastic experience, highly recommended.

Congratulations and Good Luck!
-Wayne

PS You should have seen the Bellman when we came back from Publix with all of our supplies for the party:eek:

Note - I assume you've looked at the point charts already. If not, know that weekends, especially during spring holiday periods, are a ton of points. Make sure you really are saving money before proceeding.

Note - I assume you've looked at the point charts already. If not, know that weekends, especially during spring holiday periods, are a ton of points. Make sure you really are saving money before proceeding.

That's what I was going to say. Friday & Saturday nights are usually cheaper through CRO, especially if there's a discount. Keep in mind renting points is usually non-refundable (it's up to the member).

Since you visit several times a year maybe you should consider using the point rental money towards a DVC membership and then using the points for the rooms you need. If you got this years points and banked them into next year (say a Feb UY) and maybe borrowed a few you could probably do your own reservations.
If you ultimately decided this was not for you then you could post it for sale and probably not lose a thing since you would have spent the money on renting points anyway.
As others have said you may also be better off trying for an
AP rate for the rooms you need since they are weekend night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter