Renting a scooter and a stroller?

WDWAurora

<font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'
Who would you use? My dad wants a 4w scooter (200lb weight limit is sufficient). We need a double city mini or equivalent. We are staying on-site and using bus transportation. I don't know where to start!!

Follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread ( or look near the top of this board).
Post two of them thread has information about renting ECVs and other mobility devices. Some of the companies that rent scooters also rent strollers, so you would be able to rent both from the same company.

Thank you! I am so overwhelmed with that thread since I know so little about ECVs. I used apple for a stroller in 2014, but beyond that I don't know these companies, and I am unfamiliar with any of the ECV brands and models. I'll review again and see if I can figure things out.

Hi Courtney. Just came across your thread while I was searching on strollers. Even though it is a few weeks old, thought I would comment.

If you are still overwhelmed and/or confused, I have rented from Buena Vista several times, always pleased, never a problem. They are the same company that rents the surrey bikes on the Boardwalk.

Here is a link....

http://www.buenavistascooters.com/default.asp

Hope all is well with you and family.

I recanted both from apple two years ago and we were pleased, though the stroller had a fair amount of wear. I've recently read some negative things about the condition of their strollers, for my trip this week I rented the stroller form kingdom because on our first trip three years ago I was extremely impressed with them. The stroller was almost new, very clean, came with a cooker and rain cover as wel as parent tray. They put your name on it, and their service was wonderful. I got my ECV from best price mobility. I figured they both use bell services and that might be a convenience that we want. Last time it worked out well!

This is just the ECV/wheelchair rental info from the disABILITIES FAQs thread:

This is a list of the Preferred Vendors in alphabetical order:
  • Apple Scooter
    321-726-6837
    http://www.applescooter.com/
    Apple rents scooters, manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs ++, single and double strollers.
    They do rent smaller, 16 inch wide wheelchairs, suitable for smaller people (and children) between 80 and 135 pounds.
    Apple has many good reviews from DIS posters and is a long time favorite.
  • Best Price Mobility
    321-402-5955
    Toll Free: 866-866-3434
    http://www.bpmobility.com
    Best Price rents scooters, manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs ++, single and double strollers. Little feedback from DIS posters
  • Buena Vista
    (407)938-0349 or toll free (866)484-4797
    www.buenavistascooters.com
    Buena Vista rents scooters, manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs ++, transport chairs, single and double strollers, lift chairs, knee walkers and some respiratory equipment.
    They also service and repair personal equipment.
    Buena Vista has many good reviews from DIS posters and is a long time favorite.
  • CARE Medical:
    Phone (407) 856-2273 " Toll Free U.S and Canada (800) 741-2282
    http://www.caremedicalequipment.com/
    CARE is a full Service Medical Company, has many good reviews and has been a long time favorite of DIS posters.
    They rent ECVs, manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs++, walkers, companion chairs, strollers, special needs strollers, bath equipment (including pediatric bath chairs), commodes, reclining chairs, hospital beds, oxygen & respiratory equipment, among other things.
    CARE also repairs personal equipment.
  • Scooterbug
    1-800-726-8284
    Scooterbugmobility.com
    little feedback from DIS posters.
    They rent ECVs, standing ECVs, manual wheelchairs, single and double strollers (weight limit to 60 pounds).
    From what I can tell, this company provides strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs for the WDW parks; and probably pool chairs. They also rent the large grey ECVs that can be rented in the parks, plus a form of Standing ECV that guests can drive from a standing position. Here is a link to a thread about them, with pictures.
Vendors not on the Featured Provider List:
The specific companies are listed because DIS posters have used and recommended them over the years. The companies with little feedback are listed along with that information.
We will NOT list a company on the FAQs thread without a significant number of recommendations from established posters. Also, some companies encourage/promote allowing children to ride as passengers on scooters. We will not knowingly post a link to any company that encourages behavior that is unsafe and companies that manufacture ECVs specifically warn against in their instruction manuals.
  • RANDY'S Mobility
    According to information from Randy, they have a London, England phone # that connects directly to their US. Office.
    US. & CAN. (321-281-6603)
    UK. (02030062368)
    http://www.randysmobility.com/
    Randy's has been a long time favorite of DIS posters.
    Randys rents ECVs, manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs ++, and Joovey strollers, including Joovey Caboose where one child can stand behind. Randy's will sometimes rent ECVs to older teens on a case by case basis.
  • Walker Mobility:
    1-888-726-6837
    www.walkermobility.com
    Walkers rents ECVs, manual wheelchairs, Power wheelchairs ++, single and double strollers.
    They do rent smaller, 16 inch wide wheelchairs, suitable for smaller people (and children) between 80 and 100 pounds.
    Walker is a longtime favorite of DIS Board posters and Walker Mobility is also a wdwinfo.com sponsor
  • Scootarama
    877-736-8328k
    http://www.scootarama.com/
    Scootarama rents scooters and power wheelchairs (which they, confusingly, call another type of scooter).
    Not as much feedback as Randy's, Care and Walker, but people who did post about them reported they had no problems.
  • Scooter Vacations
    866-778-4748
    UK 02079 932302
    http://www.scootorlando.com/index.html
    Scooter Vacations rents scooter of various types.
    Not as much feedback as Randys, Care and Walker, but people who did post about them reported no problems.
  • Scootaround
    1-888-441-7575
    http://locations.scootaround.com/orlando
  • (Note - their website is a national one. If this link doesn't work, use www.scootaround.com and look for the link to check individual locations).
  • Not as much feedback as Randy's, Care and Walker. Scootaround rents ECV, wheelchairs and walkers/rollators. They also rent power wheelchairs, including higher weight capacity.
    They are a nationwide company.

Last edited:
Some of the Preferred Vendors listed above for ECVs and wheelchairs also rent Strollers.
This is a list of the Preferred Vendors who rent only Baby Equipment in alphabetical order:

• Kingdom Strollers
    407-271-5301
    www.kingdomstrollers.com
    single and double strollers, BOB stroller with weight to 70 pounds and height to 47 inches. Liberty Special Needs stroller
  • cribs
  • Kingdom Strollers is well known and well reviewed by DIS posters.
  • Magic Strollers
    866-866-6177
    www.magicstrollers.com
    single and double strollers
    Magic Strollers is well known and well reviewed by DIS posters.
  • Orlando Stroller Rentals
    800-281-0884
    www.orlandostrollerrentals.com
    single strollers and double strollers, including one single stroller with a weight limit to 65 pounds and one to 75 pounds.
    glider board attachments that allow a child of up to 45 pounds to stand behind the stroller.
    They also rent Special Tomato Jogger, which is a special needs stroller with a weight capacity of 110 pounds.
    Orlando Stroller Rentals is well known and well reviewed by DIS posters.
  • Several of the Featured ECV Providers also rent single and double strollers; they are also Featured stroller providers.
A Baby's Best Friend - NOT a Featured Vendor
www.abbf.com
Wide variety of items, from single and double strollers to cribs, bassinets, backpack carriers, toys, rocking chairs and more.
They also rent wagons, which are NOT allowed in the parks.
Although they are not a Featured Vendor, they are well reviewed on the DIS site.

This is a list of the Preferred Featured Vendors in alphabetical order:

Some of the Preferred Featured Vendors listed above for

Fixed it for you :D
The vendors on that list are there because they pay a fee to Disney to be able to use Bell Services as the drop-off/pick-up for mobility equipment rentals. Non-featured vendors have to meet with the client in person.

The five companies were originally designated Preferred, but it has been changed - probably to alleviate the negative connotation of not being "preferred".

We rented an ECV and a city mini double from Walker our last trip. We were very pleased with the rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter