Remainder of 2012 cruises??

tinytinkmom

I work to support my vacation habit!
Any guesses or rumors as to when they will release the remaining 2012 cruises? We have been anxiously waiting to book an October 2012 cruise on the Fantasy, and were so bummed to find out that they hadn't released those dates yet! My personal guess is that they may time the next annoucement with the Dream float out, but that may just be wishful thinking!

When I booked the Fantasy this morning the CM said that they were told this morning that it would be "in the near future". I sure hope so since I am waiting for the Wonder itinerary for May.

That's good to know that it should be soon. I called this morning to price the Fantasy inaugural and it was way too expensive so I'm waiting to book the Dream for 2012- can't wait to see the dates and rates online.

I thought the Fantasy was going to take over the Magic's 7 day cruises....Why wouldn't they go ahead and release the rest of the years dates for her? My TA said it may be mid next year before they release the dates. Trying to figure out pricing for late Sept or first Oct. I guess all I can hope is that it's cheaper than the spring/summer rates that are posted.

That's good to know that it should be soon. I called this morning to price the Fantasy inaugural and it was way too expensive so I'm waiting to book the Dream for 2012- can't wait to see the dates and rates online.

You can book the Dream through August 2012. Wasn't clear if you are waiting on all Dream bookings, or just the 2nd half of the year.

Does anyone know when they will release the info for Alaska in 2012?

I am REALLY hoping for Seattle to be added as a port. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Any one think that's a possibility? Or should I stop hoping now.... ?

I'm waiting to book a 7 nighter on the Fantasy departing on 15 September I hope!! So unfortunate dates didn't go all the way! Hope we don't have to wait long!

And what about Alaska cruises in 2012? They do not have any listed - are they still going to continue those?

On the "Launching a Dream" Travel Agents Web Cast Monday evening, I was able to chat with a Cruise Sales rep, I specifically asked when the remainder of 2012 for the Magic and Wonder would be released. He said early to mid 2011. Of course, he also said the maiden voyage for the Fantasy was moved to 4/14/2012, and that was obviously wrong. I suspect the sales reps may not know themselves until just before the itineraries are released.

Does anyone know when they will release the info for Alaska in 2012?

I am REALLY hoping for Seattle to be added as a port. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Any one think that's a possibility? Or should I stop hoping now.... ?
I'd say the probability of them adding Seattle to the Alaska cruises is practically zero, especially for 2012. They had to make commitments to Vancouver to get a berth there, and I can't see them altering the itinerary that much. They *HAVE* to visit either Vancouver or Victoria as a foreign port, and it buys them nothing to sail out of Seattle, and then have to add Vancouver or Victoria as an extra stop to their itinerary.

But it would be REALLY easy to fly into Seattle, spend a couple of days there, then bus to Vancouver for the cruise.

Sayhello

I know what DCL will be doing for part of 2012. but what about Sept.-Dec.? Where will Magic go? New York? East Med? Galveston, TX? I think they will go back to Europe in summer then base out of either New york or galveston.
Will Wonder go back to Alaska? Repo cruises that visit Hawaii? that makes sense now that the new disney resort will be in Hawaii.

I know what DCL will be doing for part of 2012. but what about Sept.-Dec.? Where will Magic go? New York? East Med? Galveston, TX? I think they will go back to Europe in summer then base out of either New york or galveston.
Will Wonder go back to Alaska? Repo cruises that visit Hawaii? that makes sense now that the new disney resort will be in Hawaii.

I merged your thread with another thread on the same topic. If you look thru the pages of threads you will come up with a couple more threads on the same topic.

On the "Launching a Dream" Travel Agents Web Cast Monday evening, I was able to chat with a Cruise Sales rep, I specifically asked when the remainder of 2012 for the Magic and Wonder would be released. He said early to mid 2011. Of course, he also said the maiden voyage for the Fantasy was moved to 4/14/2012, and that was obviously wrong. I suspect the sales reps may not know themselves until just before the itineraries are released.

During the afternoon webcast I asked the same question and the rep said "early to mid 2011" to me also. So I took it that it could be anytime between January and June of next year before we may get some info.

Of course, like others I am hoping it is sooner rather than later!

I merged your thread with another thread on the same topic. If you look thru the pages of threads you will come up with a couple more threads on the same topic.

thank you! This is what i think will happen:

Magic- Europe in summer or cruises from NYC.

Wonder- Alaska in summer, Repo from LA-Canada and Canada-LA will include Hawaii.

Then of course, Dream and Fantasy stay the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter