Refurbishments/Rehab dates, Check here first

I think I read somewhere that WWoHP will be going through a major expansion. Does anyone know when that will start and if it would affect an August trip this year with walls up or anything like that? Thanks!

not a problem for your trip.
you won't be effected.

it is rumoured to have an expansion for the studio side.

not a problem for your trip.
you won't be effected.

it is rumoured to have an expansion for the studio side.

Planning permission has been filed for demolition of buildings in Lost Continent, right by the current entrance to WWOHP, and will probably commence soon.

Here are the planned demolition areas - Demolition is filed to begin in July

Overlay.jpg

Demo-Area.jpg

yea, there was talk about that last year.
good thing is Mythos will not be effected.

i heard the construction goes up to that restaurant.

my hope is mystic fountain will be moved and kept at IOA.
i totally love sitting there watching and listening.....

I have never looked at this particular thread before... how interesting!

Do we know yet what might be going into the area where demolition is to be taking place in July? Dare we hope for more Potter?

I don't post too often, but was hoping one of you folks may know about any upcoming rehabs for IoA's Popeye ride.

It was closed last year during the 3rd week of September for the first time since at least 2005. We always go the same week and are always able to ride Popeye. Last year was the first we couldn't and it would have been a huge help because the heat was the worst we had experienced in a long time! Thanks!

Those barges have been closed EVERY time I visit IoA. I'd love to see a complete rehab list for both Uni parks Sept 22-28 too.

Attraction Closures:
Fear Factor Live: No shows 8/12 - 9/30
Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: No shows on 9/6 - 9/8, 9/19, 9/21 - 9/22, 9/25, 9/27 - 9/30, 10/4 - 10/7, 10/11 - 10/14, 10/16 - 10/21, 10/24 - 10/28, 10/31, 11/15, 12/5

Hoping Popeye continues to stay open! Temps in the high 80s for next week - I'll be sad if it's closed this year like it was when we went last year! Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'll be there from Dec 15-28...do the water rides usually close down during this time? I was trying to figure out an itinerary for the most part and didn't know what would or would not be open during this time. Thanks in advance.

I'll be there from Dec 15-28...do the water rides usually close down during this time? I was trying to figure out an itinerary for the most part and didn't know what would or would not be open during this time. Thanks in advance.

Last time I was in Orlando (Dec 2007) no water rides were closed. We did Popeye, Dudley, Jurassic Park more than once on a warmer December day.

But apparently they tone it down a bit compared to summer from a friend's opinion (she did them in July and during Christmas week a couple years ago0.

Water rides aren't usually rehabbed until the slower season in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter