Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Tree Fail

It really shouldn't be difficult or all that expensive to make them look like the photo on the 6-pack package. But yeah, first world problem if anyone is seriously upset about it.

Well, of course the one on the package doesn't look like a Christmas tree! Some sneaky person has already had a bite out of it.

I'm a traditionalist. IMO the best peanut butter to chocolate ratio is in the original full size cups.

Refrigerated takes them to another level.

I'm a traditionalist. IMO the best peanut butter to chocolate ratio is in the original full size cups.

Refrigerated takes them to another level.

I agree. I've never tried one of the trees because I like a higher chocolate to peanut butter ratio.

I also agree that refrigerated is absolutely the best!

The dark chocolate miniatures are plentiful in my area, and they are still my absolute favorite.

The picture linked looks more like their peanut butter "eggs" - maybe there was some excess inventory Reese's was trying to get rid of ;)

The strange thing about them is that the chocolate is standard Hershey's and the peanut butter is kind of gritty and loaded with oil. It's neither great chocolate nor great peanut butter. However, somehow it kind of works when put together.

The strange thing about them is that the chocolate is standard Hershey's and the peanut butter is kind of gritty and loaded with oil. It's neither great chocolate nor great peanut butter. However, somehow it kind of works when put together.

This is true. Other, high-end peanut butter cups made with supposedly better ingredients never taste quite right. Reese's just work and are delicious!

I find them gritty, and don't taste as good as they used to. I make my own, I will stick with that if I want one.

Would I be awful if I said who cares? They look enough like a tree to me and taste amazing.

Here's one way to get tree-shaped Reese's. I haven't tried them yet because I'm not a fan of sprinkles (and would rather make Christmas candy.)

11139361_903788826336792_4231059359276656186_n.jpg

This is true. Other, high-end peanut butter cups made with supposedly better ingredients never taste quite right. Reese's just work and are delicious!

I like high end. I remember a reasonable facsimile more like a peanut butter truffle from some company in San Francisco called Joseph Schmidt Confections. They were beautiful. However, it was artisan chocolate and I knew I was paying a premium because it looked nice. I think one of these was a peanut butter filling:

920x920.jpg

The company eventually got bought out by Hershey's, which then closed it down.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Joseph-Schmidt-chocolates-will-be-missed-3164996.php

If people are going to complain about the lack of tree shape, then they should complain that they've been scaled down in size too. Assuming the molds were changed when they began making them smaller. They're still tasty even if they look like poop.

If people are going to complain about the lack of tree shape, then they should complain that they've been scaled down in size too. Assuming the molds were changed when they began making them smaller. They're still tasty even if they look like poop.

Well, gosh if they are smaller, they have totally missed the mark.

They should be marketing them as the new "lower calorie" version! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter