Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Tree Fail

Yeah, the one on the package looks like a tree, but not the one in the article. I'd still eat them, though. There's something about the peanut butter to chocolate ratio in the holiday versions that's just slightly ahead of the regular ones (and I already love those).

More than a few people are upset that Reese's Christmas Tree shaped peanut butter treat looks nothing like a tree.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/28/livin...eanutbuttercupschristmastreefeat526pStoryLink

View attachment 137759 View attachment 137760

Anyone offended by this travesty, please send your rejects to me for proper disposal. ;)
In the interest of unity (or is it diversity - I get confused); I must point out that the good folks at Reese have labeled their weird-looking candy lumps in a completely non-sectarian way. Perhaps they are marketing them to environmentalists and the lack of resemblance is purposeful so no one gets confused and thinks real trees were harmed in their production?

**Also please note: I am a very literal thinker and have no sense of humour so please do not assume this post is intended as a joke. ;)

The Russell Stover's dark chocolate covered Santas I bought a few days ago didn't look anything like Santa either. I checked each one of them. :p

They still tasted heavenly and I'll probably buy more. :)

Being as I have never stumbled across a forest of Peanut Butter Cup Trees in the wild, I'm wondering how people know they don't look like trees.

And I'm going to hazard a guess that it doesn't taste like a tree, either

If it's that big of a deal, they could just buy the regular mini's in the Christmas color cups.

I prefer the minis in the holiday colored foil wrappers anyway. One tree is too big to eat, but somehow 10 or 12 of the minis are just the right size. The effort exerted by the process of unwrapping them cancels out most of the calories. :teeth:
upload_2015-11-29_10-58-54.jpeg

If someone thinks that is something to be upset about, they must have a very blessed trouble-free and stress-free life.

Unlike the Starbucks cup uproar, where I believe many people were serious, this appears to be mostly tongue-in-cheek. Yeah, they don't look like what's advertised, but it seems most complainers are poking fun at Reese's rather than being seriously upset.

I think it's just because in the past, they actually have been relatively "tree shaped", so what happened this year? All the holiday shaped candies have been slowly getting less and less shaped.

I think it's just because in the past, they actually have been relatively "tree shaped", so what happened this year? All the holiday shaped candies have been slowly getting less and less shaped.

I agree. I love holiday Reese's because they have a better peanut butter to chocolate ratio than the regular ones but none of them have really had any shape at all this year. But I've still eaten my share of them because I don't care.

Last edited:

Then they probably should have redone their label photograph.

I agree, they look no more like a tree than I do. They still taste just fine, but my all-time favorite Reese's candy is the dark chocolate miniatures, which I haven't seen in ages. The miniatures have the ideal chocolate to peanut butter ratio, and dark chocolate... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter