Recent prices

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by theguda, Apr 20, 2013.

1. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

dbs1228- thanks for posting that...I was wanting to find 2006 ROFR thread today...did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. DH reminded me that we paid $76/point for our 200 OKW points bought in 2006 (closed in June). I regret not buying at BWV (DH was happy to get more points for our $$ though). BWV was going for about $84/point. So for the $15,200 (not counting any CC or MF) we spent on the 200 OKW points, we could have bought 180 points...pooey, I wish we would have done that.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

Check out the ROFR time lengths! They average about 9-10 days!!!! Wow (Also very high prices...ouch!)

4. dwight16

dwight16 Mouseketeer

game has changed people need to get their heads out of 2009 to 2011 pricing. the economy is not crashing and sellers dont need to take the first offer. esp for these small contacts i have seen some listed and sold for high 80's at BCV and VWL. i am going to bet your going to see 90 per point on 50 or less contracts real soon....

5. lodge

lodge DIS Veteran

Wow! Really?! Interesting following pricing history!

6. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

You may see the prices go up a small amount more BEFORE going back down - lets face it the life of the older contracts get less and less while maintenance fees keep going up! It is all supply in demand once Disney stops ROFR contracts this upward trend will slide back. Lets face it the prices have gone up since end of Feb when Disney started ROFR contracts and people were fearing resale changes. Once this passes so shall the price increases.

7. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

Prices actually started going up last summer.

As long as owning an older contract and paying MF is cheaper than paying cash, the contract is always going to have some value.

What made contracts sell for so cheap the last couple of years were all the desperate people trying to unload their contracts. How many of them are left?

I certainly have no idea if price will continue going up or go back down, either one is possible, it all depends on the supply and demand for used contracts, which is dependented on how well the economy is doing and on how much of a discount people are willing to settle for as compared to direct prices.

I'm just glad I'm not looking right now.

8. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

I agree to an extent - but prices REALLY have gone up since Disney has ROFR many contracts lately have had not just slight increases major ones 10.00PP jumps! I do believe there will always be a supply of points unless Disney keeps ROFR the contracts - which they will not do if there is not a need. If they keep ROFR then yes resale can and will climb but it will also get to a point that Disney will not take the contracts and even if there are 20 BWV contracts all listed in the 75.00PP range there will people that just want to sell and once a few contracts get through at the 60.00 - 65.00 range that will start to dictate the selling price! The economy helps the buyers buy but Disney for SURE has helped the sellers sell at higher prices because of ROFR.

9. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

Just noticed today on the ROFR board a BWV contract passed at 55.00PP not sure the size of the contract but has 105 points currently and VWL 100 point contract full loaded 2012 points and passed at 61.00PP!

10. dwight16

dwight16 Mouseketeer

well well well look at what just came across the email

50 point BWL 89 a POINT 89 DOLLARS A POINT look have what i been telling you people its happening the last 50 or less was 87 a point.

this is a dec use year with 50 points for 2013. 400 plus is closing so that makes it 97 a point

feel real good about getting on the wait list at 115 a point (where in my case i will receive my 2012 points unless i am on it until September) value them at around 11 a point and thats almost inline with the pre price increases Price!!!! only a matter of time....

11. lchute1158

lchute1158 Mouseketeer

Definitely a time to go direct for small add ons with specific UY. Not too many good deals out there.

12. Breyean

Breyean DVC Since '93

Has this one been mentioned?

That's from Fidelity, so you have to add on the $195 buyer surcharge plus closing.

13. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

well, keep in mind that is only an asking price.

i hope the seller gets it but it's not impossible that they will have to negotiate the price down.

14. NoleFan

NoleFan DIS Veteran

I saw that email blast & thought the price was outrageous!

15. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Wanna bet there's an outstanding loan for that one?

16. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

Sorry, not buying it. Still too small a sample size in too short of a time frame. People are free to ask whatever they want for their contracts, that doesn't mean they'll get it and it certainly doesn't set the market. Fidelity is currently listing several BLT contracts in the $140-160 price range. It doesn't mean a thing, and neither does this listing.

I'm sorry, but I simply don't believe that the sky is falling, no matter how much you say it.

17. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

Only a matter of time for what???? :confused: Resale prices will NOT surpass direct and right now direct is 130.00 PP so still a 35.00PP savings over direct (using your calculations and closing cost for direct purchases)

18. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

:scared1:

19. lchute1158

lchute1158 Mouseketeer

What's the closing costs of direct

20. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

That number seems to be a moving target. But recent reports have them at around $150. Anyone close recently on a direct contract that is willing to share what they paid in closing costs?

21. lchute1158

lchute1158 Mouseketeer

I asked about that one and it sold for $87.