Rebel Alliance Roll call

Scott: I'm not out of my house, just out of my bedroom. We thought we would do a quick paint remodel over the 3 day weekend (yes more than a week ago) and we are just finishing up. We ordered new bedroom furniture and hope it will be delivered soon. It was supposed to come last week, but they didn't make it. So - I am sleeping in the guest room and it is just a pain!

goulishgirl: I am in the Ogden area. That is about 30 miles North of Salt Lake.

disney_mommy: My first race is in a couple short weeks. I am doing the Palm Springs half marathon in Palm Springs on Valentine's day. I signed up for this months ago, thinking it would keep me in shape over the winter, but I have been a slacker and will probably walk most of it. Oh well. It will be a nice vacation. Lots of driving - here's hoping the weather is good for the drive.

I did 2 miles on the treadmill today, walk/running 2:2. Not awesome speed but keeping at it. I just got the ok from DH to do the Expedition Everest Challenge. It may be a girls weekend. For some reason it is the only Disney race that doesn't have a registration link on the website. Not sure when registration starts.

Hi new team members. I am so happy to join with you in sharing our experiences. My first race ever was the Family 5K last year with my two daughters. I got hooked. I did several short runs (actually, I am a walker) locally. My daughter and I are signed up for the Princess Half this March and are in full training mode right now. I did 9 miles this past Sunday, 4 miles on Monday, and 5 miles today. I would really like to do the Half January 2011 as my daughter is planning on doing the Marathon then as well.
I look forward to being here with the Rebel Alliance.

Manda, how's it going on the bedroom? I am working on my dining room. I started painting it about a week ago. But with a 2 year old around I am limited in the amount of time I have to work on it. If he catches me he wants to help. I had intentions of finishing last night but went straight to bed instead. I'm proud of myself for running on the treadmill during nap time instead of doing the paint, but now I need to get it done.

I thought DH had approved the EEC but last night he seemed more skeptical. I was ready to book flights too, we'll see what today holds.

Hello Rebel Alliance. Were swamped with requests for teams! So a few more new members will join you, and they should be over soon to introduce themselves. Coming along will be...

Barb/lucykmum22 (& DH, Bob)
Christy/sailors_wfe
Jen/jenanderson

Thanks,

Maura

My first race is in a couple short weeks. I am doing the Palm Springs half marathon in Palm Springs on Valentine's day. I signed up for this months ago, thinking it would keep me in shape over the winter, but I have been a slacker and will probably walk most of it. Oh well. It will be a nice vacation. Lots of driving - here's hoping the weather is good for the drive.

Good luck, mandac, on your first race. I can't wait to hear how it went. The Princess will be my first race, so I'm so nervous about all of the little things. The things I wouldn't be nervous about if I had already run a race. And there is nothing wrong with walking a race! At least you'll be out there doing it! :thumbsup2

I did 2 miles on the treadmill today, walk/running 2:2. Not awesome speed but keeping at it. I just got the ok from DH to do the Expedition Everest Challenge. It may be a girls weekend. For some reason it is the only Disney race that doesn't have a registration link on the website. Not sure when registration starts.

cwnhokie, I think it would be fun to do a girl's weekend at Disney. I tried to get some friends to come with me in March, but I just don't have any Disney-fanatic friends. So it'll be just me, but I am looking forward to a solo trip.

And like you said, you are keeping at the training, that is great. Even if it's your worst session ever, at least you did something. I've heard over and over that consistency is the key - just keep doing something.

Hi new team members. I am so happy to join with you in sharing our experiences. My first race ever was the Family 5K last year with my two daughters. I got hooked. I did several short runs (actually, I am a walker) locally. My daughter and I are signed up for the Princess Half this March and are in full training mode right now. I did 9 miles this past Sunday, 4 miles on Monday, and 5 miles today. I would really like to do the Half January 2011 as my daughter is planning on doing the Marathon then as well.
I look forward to being here with the Rebel Alliance.

Welcome to the team, grstink! :welcome:

Sounds like you are definitely in training mode! I think a lot of us here, on WISH, are deep into training for the Princess. I'm really looking forward to it, but I will be glad when it's over! I'm afraid I'll plop right back on my couch, though, when it's over, so I need to find some local races to participate in. :scared:

Wow lots of new life joining our group. Hi Andrea!

Sorry I have been out of pocket this week. Surprise training in Boston for me this week. Just found out about it being a possiblity on Thursday evening and then Friday evening the told us to go ahead and book our travel. I head home tomorrow night. Ready to be back in my own bed and in control of my own schedule. Ran on the dreadmill one morning this week. May try again tomorrow.

Hi all,

I'm glad to be part of your team. I'm UK based and have signed up for next years Goofy.

I've run the London Marathon several times and I'm currently in training for the Edinburgh Marathon in May. I've hoping to break 3:30 which would be a personal best and then I can quit this running lark. ;) I'm also trying to get my weight down to my ideal weight of under 168lbs (currently 187lbs)

I'm looking forward to spending some time with you all.

Liam

Hello Rebels!

Just popping in to introduce myself. I am thrilled to be a part of the group.

I'm Pat. Over here in Vegas. Just 3.5 hours from Walt's park. Have been an AP for the last 3 years since I moved out here.

Started running December 19, 2008. started with a 5K or three, then a 4.2 mile race, then a 10K, then a 10 mile and then the Disneyland Half Marathon, which was my training goal when I started. Have lost over 50 pounds that last 14 months from this running thing. Still have about another 15 to go before Ireach my goal of 180. And to top it all off, I did the WDW Marathon a couple weeks ago, my first one. And am planning on getting Goofy next year!

I am absolutely jealous of you Liam, as my dream is to get to run in the London Marathon (only because there isn't one in Manchester that starts and finishes at Old Trafford). Hope you are not a Chelsea fan...cuz Rooney is the man!

My planned runs for the year are:
April: Pat's Run in Tempe, AZ at ASU
May: Long Beach Half Marathon
June: San Diego R and R Half Marathon
July: Cypress 10K or Missoula, MT Half Marathon
Sept: Disneyland Half Marathon for my Coast to Coast
October: Twin Cities Marathon in Minnesota
December: Las Vegas R and R Half Marathon
January: Goofy Challange and a half at WDW

That is all I got for now. Gotta head out to Kick Boxing class at 24 HR Fitness. Took a couple weeks off after the marathon and excited to start running again on Monday!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Pat

Hello Everyone! I am really excited to be a part of your team and thought I should introduce myself and share some background.

My name is Jen, I am 41 years old, I am working on losing 50 pounds and my goal is to participate in the Princess Half in 2011.

At the start of this month, I joined WW and signed on for the BL9 challenge here on the WISH. I am happy to report that I have lost a bit over 10 pounds in January! :cool1:

I am currently on week 3 of the couch to 5K training program. I thought I hated running and I am discovering that I think I really like it! I actually miss running on the days I don't do it. I have been running outside (in Minnesota - think snow, freezing rain, ice, below zero temps). People have kind of laughed when I tell them I am running and act like this won't last but that actually has given me so much incentive to keep going. Plus now, I think I have developed a habit I enjoy. I am excited to report that the other night I did buy a used TM for really cheap and have done my workout inside the past couple of nights. DH and I appreciate the treadmill but both agree if it is above 10°, we would rather be outside running.

I am also doing pilates 3-4 days a week, using my Wii (Fit, Active and Just Dance) and lifting weights (very light weight at this point).

My plans for this year include:
Virtual Valentine's 5K
Charity Challenge in St. Paul 5K in April

I will be looking for other 5Ks this summer and hope to build to a half marathon by late fall. I am not sure if that is really too much too soon but I am sure I will learn more about myself as a runner after those first 5Ks.

As I read through this thread, I am sure I am one of the more inexperienced team members and hope to learn and grow as a runner from all of you.

Have a great night!
Jen

I am at work so I just want to say hello to the new members. I am off for 3 days starting in 73 minutes so tomorrow I will read the posts.
Just want to say that I like the idea of posting the races we plan to do this year.
back to work.
Diane

Greetings from Cape Cod, MA!

Am excited to be a part of a team this year. I am a 35 yo from Massachusetts. Done a few Disney races thus far: DL Half (2008), Disney Marathon (2009), Race for the Taste (2009), and Tower of Terror (2009). I missed Marathon Weekend this year to travel over in England. Going to do the Princess Half in March so I can go to California over Labor Day, and complete the Coast to Coast.

It snowed some here tonmight and is very icy. Looking forward to warmer temps so I can get outside.

Rob

Hello Everyone! I am really excited to be a part of your team and thought I should introduce myself and share some background.

I am currently on week 3 of the couch to 5K training program. I thought I hated running and I am discovering that I think I really like it! I actually miss running on the days I don't do it. I have been running outside (in Minnesota - think snow, freezing rain, ice, below zero temps). People have kind of laughed when I tell them I am running and act like this won't last but that actually has given me so much incentive to keep going. Plus now, I think I have developed a habit I enjoy. I am excited to report that the other night I did buy a used TM for really cheap and have done my workout inside the past couple of nights. DH and I appreciate the treadmill but both agree if it is above 10°, we would rather be outside running.

I give so many props to you and everyone that are doing this from the "snowy states". I am in Vegas now, but living in Minnesota most of my life (grew up by St. Cloud, College in Duluth-I was the Bulldog mascot HAHAHAHA) I can not imagine doing this back there.

Of course the WDW marathon was 27 degrees at start, but I don't count that! :)

Congrats to you all for inspiring as you fight through the cold and ice and snow and all that stuff!!!!

Hi all,

I'm glad to be part of your team. I'm UK based and have signed up for next years Goofy.

I've run the London Marathon several times and I'm currently in training for the Edinburgh Marathon in May. I've hoping to break 3:30 which would be a personal best and then I can quit this running lark. ;) I'm also trying to get my weight down to my ideal weight of under 168lbs (currently 187lbs)

I'm looking forward to spending some time with you all.

Liam

:welcome: Liam! It sounds like you are quite the accomplished athlete. You can be another voice of wisdom when us newbies wonder what we've gotten ourselves into with this whole racing thing!

Hello Rebels!

Just popping in to introduce myself. I am thrilled to be a part of the group.

I'm Pat. Over here in Vegas. Just 3.5 hours from Walt's park. Have been an AP for the last 3 years since I moved out here.

Started running December 19, 2008. started with a 5K or three, then a 4.2 mile race, then a 10K, then a 10 mile and then the Disneyland Half Marathon, which was my training goal when I started. Have lost over 50 pounds that last 14 months from this running thing. Still have about another 15 to go before Ireach my goal of 180. And to top it all off, I did the WDW Marathon a couple weeks ago, my first one. And am planning on getting Goofy next year!

I am absolutely jealous of you Liam, as my dream is to get to run in the London Marathon (only because there isn't one in Manchester that starts and finishes at Old Trafford). Hope you are not a Chelsea fan...cuz Rooney is the man!

My planned runs for the year are:
April: Pat's Run in Tempe, AZ at ASU
May: Long Beach Half Marathon
June: San Diego R and R Half Marathon
July: Cypress 10K or Missoula, MT Half Marathon
Sept: Disneyland Half Marathon for my Coast to Coast
October: Twin Cities Marathon in Minnesota
December: Las Vegas R and R Half Marathon
January: Goofy Challange and a half at WDW

That is all I got for now. Gotta head out to Kick Boxing class at 24 HR Fitness. Took a couple weeks off after the marathon and excited to start running again on Monday!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Pat

:welcome: to the team, Pat! I'm so impressed with all that you've accomplished in such a short time. In a little over a year, you've already progressed to a full marathon - that's quite a feat! And you already have a bunch scheduled for this year. I admire that dedication. :thumbsup2

My name is Jen, I am 41 years old, I am working on losing 50 pounds and my goal is to participate in the Princess Half in 2011.

At the start of this month, I joined WW and signed on for the BL9 challenge here on the WISH. I am happy to report that I have lost a bit over 10 pounds in January! :cool1:

I am also doing pilates 3-4 days a week, using my Wii (Fit, Active and Just Dance) and lifting weights (very light weight at this point).

My plans for this year include:
Virtual Valentine's 5K
Charity Challenge in St. Paul 5K in April

I will be looking for other 5Ks this summer and hope to build to a half marathon by late fall. I am not sure if that is really too much too soon but I am sure I will learn more about myself as a runner after those first 5Ks.

As I read through this thread, I am sure I am one of the more inexperienced team members and hope to learn and grow as a runner from all of you.

Have a great night!
Jen

:welcome: Jen! We're glad you've joined us. I love how motivated you are! You're not letting anyone or anything stand in your way. Keep that up! (And maybe spread some around for those of us that lose motivation...)

Greetings from Cape Cod, MA!

Am excited to be a part of a team this year. I am a 35 yo from Massachusetts. Done a few Disney races thus far: DL Half (2008), Disney Marathon (2009), Race for the Taste (2009), and Tower of Terror (2009). I missed Marathon Weekend this year to travel over in England. Going to do the Princess Half in March so I can go to California over Labor Day, and complete the Coast to Coast.

It snowed some here tonmight and is very icy. Looking forward to warmer temps so I can get outside.

Rob

:welcome: to the Rebels, Rob! Wow, you did 3 Disney races in a year? I'm so jealous! I would love to do all of the races at Disney, including Disneyland, but I just can't afford it. :sad:

Since it's so cold and icy outside, what do you do for your training during the winter?

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm so excited to be part of a team this year!!:goodvibes
I'm currently training for the princess half in March... although I'm doing last minute training, so I'm not going slow and steady with the mileage like I know I should be:rolleyes1
This will be my first race in 2 years and my first half marathon. I was training for the first princess half last year and was half-way through my training when we found out we were pregnant and all my training went out the window:headache: Then this year I decided to do the half, didn't get training started as soon as I had planned and decided to do the 5k although I was dissapointed. I started C25K beginning of Jan and then last week decided to try to get up the mileage for the half. So now I'm registered for the half... adding on mileage quickly, but trying not to "over add"... My longest run to date has been 3.6 miles...Tomorrow I'll be doing a long run of 4-5 miles.

Anyway... sorry to be so long winded. I'm trying to decide on doing a 10K race at the end of march and maybe another (non disney) half around Thanksgiving... next time MUCH better trained

hope everyone has a great friday!! I'm looking forward to getting to know this group over the next several months!

Hello everyone! My husband, Bob, and I are new team members. I am so happy to join a team! My husband does a lot of stuff with computers at his job and teaches on-line college classes, so he doesn't like to get on a computer in his spare time. He is with me every step of the way though, but you just won't "meet" him on these boards!
We are both 43 and just started running in the fall. We run about 10-12 miles a week now but hope to slowly increase that every week. We have finished two 5K's and are registered to run the WDW Half. Running on marathon weekend at WDW was our whole motivation to start running. We did a 5K in December to prove to ourselves that we could do it and see if we enjoyed organized runs before plunking down the $$ for the Half! We came in at 35:07 in the middle of the pack and felt pretty good about our standing. We just did a local 5K in 34:33 and came in at the back of the pack and are a little nervous about our pace. I keep saying "we" and "our" because we run together. Bob is a much better athlete than I am. He has always lifted weights and was captain of his soccer team in high school. I've never been one for exercise or sports and frankly duck if someone throws me keys! He is much faster than I am when we run and I am hoping that at our next 5K in a couple weeks he will run his own race. We should both have new PR for our 5K's to report soon!
Thanks to everyone here for the welcome - I look forward to getting to know everyone and meeting up (in person) before or at Marathon Weekend!
~Barb

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm so excited to be part of a team this year!!:goodvibes
I'm currently training for the princess half in March... although I'm doing last minute training, so I'm not going slow and steady with the mileage like I know I should be:rolleyes1
This will be my first race in 2 years and my first half marathon. I was training for the first princess half last year and was half-way through my training when we found out we were pregnant and all my training went out the window:headache: Then this year I decided to do the half, didn't get training started as soon as I had planned and decided to do the 5k although I was dissapointed. I started C25K beginning of Jan and then last week decided to try to get up the mileage for the half. So now I'm registered for the half... adding on mileage quickly, but trying not to "over add"... My longest run to date has been 3.6 miles...Tomorrow I'll be doing a long run of 4-5 miles.

Anyway... sorry to be so long winded. I'm trying to decide on doing a 10K race at the end of march and maybe another (non disney) half around Thanksgiving... next time MUCH better trained

hope everyone has a great friday!! I'm looking forward to getting to know this group over the next several months!

:welcome: to the team, sailors_wfe! I know we've talked on the Princess thread (and you're my ride! ;)), but now we're even on the same team! I'm sorry you missed out on last year's race, but what a great excuse!

Make sure not to push yourself too hard training for the Princess. Better you do the race slowly than injure yourself and not be able to do it at all. :thumbsup2

Hello everyone! My husband, Bob, and I are new team members. I am so happy to join a team! My husband does a lot of stuff with computers at his job and teaches on-line college classes, so he doesn't like to get on a computer in his spare time. He is with me every step of the way though, but you just won't "meet" him on these boards!
We are both 43 and just started running in the fall. We run about 10-12 miles a week now but hope to slowly increase that every week. We have finished two 5K's and are registered to run the WDW Half. Running on marathon weekend at WDW was our whole motivation to start running. We did a 5K in December to prove to ourselves that we could do it and see if we enjoyed organized runs before plunking down the $$ for the Half! We came in at 35:07 in the middle of the pack and felt pretty good about our standing. We just did a local 5K in 34:33 and came in at the back of the pack and are a little nervous about our pace. I keep saying "we" and "our" because we run together. Bob is a much better athlete than I am. He has always lifted weights and was captain of his soccer team in high school. I've never been one for exercise or sports and frankly duck if someone throws me keys! He is much faster than I am when we run and I am hoping that at our next 5K in a couple weeks he will run his own race. We should both have new PR for our 5K's to report soon!
Thanks to everyone here for the welcome - I look forward to getting to know everyone and meeting up (in person) before or at Marathon Weekend!
~Barb

:welcome: to the Rebels, Barb and Bob! That is so great that you two can do things together like that. What a great support systen you have right there with you all the time.

You have plenty of time to improve your time before the race next January, so don't stress yourself out about that.

I would love to read your report about your upcoming 5k, so don't forget to tell us how it went!

Bob just called me from work and I told him about our team assignment and the name - he said that I just made his day! :darth:
You see, he is a Star Wars fan and I didn't even get the reference! :sad2:
Thanks for the warm welcome!
~Barb

Bob just called me from work and I told him about our team assignment and the name - he said that I just made his day! :darth:
You see, he is a Star Wars fan and I didn't even get the reference! :sad2:
Thanks for the warm welcome!
~Barb

I didn't know whaat it meant either! I was thinking it must mean something, so I googled it and that's how I found out.

Glad Bob appreciates it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter