Reasons not to stay at BWV as listed by CAROLMN

pmcpmc

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Hmmmmm. I think I will add bedbugs to the list of reasons why BWV is not a good place to stay. I can bring it up again right before I need to make my next "hard to get" standard view or Boardwalk view reservation and thereby decrease the competiton.

Ok. Let's review the list.

Bedbugs.
Exeptionally looooooooooong hallways.
Looong walks to parking.
Scary Clown slide.
Noisy.
Bad views if you don't get Boardwalk view.
Teeeny, tiny rooms.
Bad housekeeping.
Self - Parking lots always full.
Nasty, rude CMs
Long waits for the bus. Crowded buses. Poor bus service.
thieving birds

There must be more! Please! Somebody help me out!

Easy access to stores causes extra shopping - therefore more money spent.

Convenient restaurant choices leads to less cooking and more eating out - therefore more money spent.

All that entertainment leads to later nights making it harder to get up early in the morning for those early entry days.

Having the best pool slide on property causes undo wear to bathing suit bottoms!

I am not seeing what you are seeing. Your negitives are way overblown. Lets start with the 3 most important things with hotels.

It is a beautiful resort with great theming
The BW is great (get out of your room a awhile)
Great restaurants - ESPN - Cheap, great food, entertainment
Comunity hall is nice
CM are not that bad...maybe you talk to much
Valet parking is great
Good shoping
Good nightlife - clubs
I love the standard view - great for illuminations
great workout place
you can walk to MGM too
The bakery is good for breakfast

I could go on for a while. All I am saying is that the positives outway any negitives. I own at SSR and BCV but BWV is my favorite. A few bugs never hurt anyone zzzzzzzz (just like bugs life)...
I think the report is charming!!

Oooh yes, I like this idea. Hmmm, :scratchin what else can I add?

No direct buses to Epcot or MGM :p You have to walk or take a boat.

Oh, and there's all that maintenence work they do, which might inconvenience you at some point.

Kids having fun in the pool and all sorts of people having fun on the Boardwalk might make noise, so you room could be noisy if you have any windows or doors open. Plus there are some rooms that overlook fireworks displays which can also be noisy.

Just a thought :teeth:

and princess&tig: you may want to listen to these comments again and notice how hard it is for us to talk with tongue in cheek. ;) Best leave out those positives or we'll continue to have too much competition to get our beloved standard view units

But, gee, I love bedbugs! The more the merrier! I think I'll bring my whole extended family and book up all the rooms...
:crazy:

The 'roomy' kitchen area encourages cooking while on vacation.
yet,
The proximity to Flying Fish encourages too much spending on yummy dinners. :hyper:

Don't forget that someone spotted the Geico lizard or a lookalike in the washing machine. Gotta maintain stardards about who you hang with.

Since I usually book the grand villas every other year, I should warn you that you can't cook in that kitchen simply tooooo small. I have got around this small inconvenience by having all my meals catered. This is an expensive option so if you have an all star budget BWV are not for you.

If you are at all paraniod this isn't a good location for you. The birds here stand or fly around just waiting for you to purchase their lunch and then swoop in and rudely take it from you. Not once have they bought my lunch.

Alo if you happen to get a Boardwalk view don't take it, the noise is unbelievable especially late at night when that awful club Jellyrolls empties out. If you like living in a carnival then this place is for you. LOUD LOUD LOUD not LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

the seats at the pool bar are too high,
the hot tub attracts too many people,
no parking outside the rooms,
the interior bar serves breakfast to early,
the views of the swan and dolphin and the tower of terror cause people to faint.

Well, there are those greedy CM's who work valet parking who don't seem nearly thankful enough to be tipped both ways!

And of course, all the maids there keep their tips instead of chasing you down to give it back to you.

The Friendship boats only come around every two hours or so...which is a little better than the buses. :eek:

Walking to two theme parks is so overrated!!

Not only are the rooms tiny, but someone measured the walls and found out they are 1/1000th of an inch thinner than other DVC resorts, making BWV by far the noisiest DVC resort! ::yes::

The close proximity of the bakery is horrible.

The pastries go right to your waistline.

Of course, the loooooooong walk down the hallways helps a bit but then you are just hungry again. So, back down to the boardwalk you go just to fill up on the yummy food at Spoodles, ESPN, or Flying Fish.

And did I mention the walk to Epcot?? How I hate entering through the back gate and having such close proximity to my favorite park.

That's it. I'm selling my points. :p

Kristen :earsgirl:

Dh just reminded me how much he hates watching Illuminations from the balcony. Now that really rankles.

I think we need a correction to the list.
Not only are BWV rooms teeny, tiny they are also "useless". LOL!!
We certainly can not forget how you can: sit on a BWV balcony, clean the villa with 1 paper towel and get a beer out of the refrigerator--all at the same time! Or some other such nonsense was posted along these lines, but the general meaning was you can definitely multi task in the teeny, tiny, useless, BWVs. That is you can multi task in your useless villa, after you have walked your 1/3 marathon, dodged the trash and litter in the long hallways, avoided the slobs and trashy guests and had the daylights scared out of you by viewing the evil and sinister clown slide.

In the one bedroom, you don't even Get a shower curtain--so obviously, you are overpaying your points compared to the rooms that Do get shower curtains.
Don't forget that awful cold air conditioning, which is such a bother, especially in the summer. You actually have to walk allllllllll the way down the hallways bathed in it, which increases your exposure to flurocarbons.
Also, there's that sun, which just gives you skin cancer along with a tanline, and there is no covered walkway to MGM or Epcot to protect you from the exposure.

Your standard view rooms are safe from me, but I want a boardwalk view, so this thread helps me, too! :teeth:

Every room location is noisy:

1. Boardwalk view = noise from carnival games, Jellyrolls, ESPN and noisy tourists
2. Standard view = noise from busses, valet and other vehicles
3. Pool View = constant noise from happy familes until really late in the evening
4. Swan and Dolphin view = tooting of horns by those awful Friendship boats as they prepare to go under the bridge.

I much prefer the quiet views at Old Key West!

The CMs at Community Hall are all jerks 'casue they learned our names and are saying Hi! to us all the time. Same with the front desk and bell services.

The kids fishing trips are so unpopular that they aren't crowded and I have to go along and fish too (and can't use the too tall bar stools!)

There are no signs telling you to duck out the stairs at the end of the loooong hall to take a short cut to MGM or community hall.

The juggler takes breaks.

So just remember book your points some place else then I can complain about not having to call day by day to get resies....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter