Reasonable hotels I95 Savannah area?

krishouse

Mouseketeer
Hi,

My family and I are planning a January trip. Looks like we will give the driving thing another whirl. We're hoping to get some advice on decent, but reasonably priced accomodations. On our last trip we stayed at a Comfort Inn in Brunswick, GA- we paid something close to $60, but kept seeing signs for $39 rooms. Are these basicaly prices to sleep in the utility closet or what?

Looking through Travelocity I couldn't find anything under $90. Whats the best way to track down a deal along the I95? I think we will be driving straight to GA and stoping in Savannah overnight then striaight on to WDW.

thanks

Kris

While many travellers dislike heading out without reservations (or a specific hotel in mind), my wife and I always pick up an interstate hotel/motel coupon book, available at most welcome centres, travel plazas, and truck stops. They usually cover a few states along major highways (such as 95); there is often a few pages devoted to each city of any size (i.e. "Savannah area"). Each lisiting (most for major chains) includes info on the hotel's amenities, direction/distance from the highway, and rate, with the money-saving coupon.

This allows us to pick and choose, depending on our needs/wants for the night (are we crashing late? Is there a restaurant/bar on site? What about a continental breakfast?). I don't think we have ever had a bad experience from a place we've selevted through one of those books ...

Hi there,

We really liked the Hampton Inn in Brunswick Ga right off the 95 past Savannah. It was clean and fairly reasonable with breakfast for 99.00.
Good luck,
Kristin

Often, the signs that you see along the road that say $39 rooms are for 1 person Sun.-Thurs. They charge extra for additional people in the room and don't include breakfast. Also, they only have to offer 1 room at that price to be able to advertise it.

If you got a room for $60 you did very well....especially if it was a decent room. Based on our driving experiences a decent room that includes breakfast will run you around $85-100 depending on where you are and the night of the week.

We stayed at the Baymont in Savannah a few years ago. Reasonable price, decent hotel near the 95. Breakfast was included.

We spent two nights at a Super 8 next to the Baymont (which had a pool, Super 8 didn’t ). It wasn't too much and right next to the highway. A Dennys was across the street. Seemed safe, and we would probably return if we ever were in the area again.

We have always stayed at the Best Western Bradbury Inn and Suites at Pooler, exit 102. Nice clean hotel, large rooms and a Cracker Barrel across the parking lot. Highly recommended!

We have stayed at a budget motel in Richmond Hill, just below Savanna. I think it was about exit 87. Motel 6 ( I just looked it up ) nice clean bed and breakfast included waffles for around $30.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter