Angelrose's Journey

WHEW! Great news Snapppyd!

We're going to Napa tomorrow to pick up the wine from our wine club. It will probably be at least 80 degrees there. Should be beautiful. In fact, we should have 80's for the first part of the week here. ah....Spring!

Well, I am officially jealous of your 80's minniecarousel. I woke up to 36 this morning. It did get up to the 60's though.

Your wine club sounds interesting. Have fun in Napa.

Praise God!! Know this scare all too well and send big ((hugs)) of relief! Best wishes all is well in time for your vacation! :hug:

minniecarousel...hope you had a good trip to Napa, sounds fun! :goodvibes

Glad you had good week-end AR and fun times with your sweet family :flower3:. Also glad to hear Chuck and kids better. Seems so many virus' are going around. It's as tough on grandma's as it is on lil ones when they are sickly :worried:. Spring has sprung and many in our area are suffering with allergies.

Your weather sounds like ours, cool nights but days sunny and warm :sunny:. Went to our 2 DG's soccer and foot ball games on Sat., followed by lunch, then onto our Comm College Renn. Fair. The grands had fun with the all Medieval activities and enjoyed getting faces painted. Good times! :goodvibes

Had a shopping spee for some much needed spring clothes today - splurged more than I wanted, but we have 2 grands (8th & 12th) graduating this yr, so that was my excuse ;). DH wanted to try the ribs at Boston Market...they were pretty tasty. Then we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery - really did not need chocolate lava sundae nor strawberry funnel cake sundae.....but after waiting in line 45min it seemed like the only rational thing to do!??! :rotfl:

Amen on catching the terrorist before anymore innocent people were hurt...so sad...my heart and prayers go out to all affected by terrible tragedies. :(

Everyone take care and have a good week! :flower1:

Thanks 4nana. We did have a fun weekend.

Today I went for my walk and had quite a shock. My friends store was closed for the week due to a death in the family. I asked one of the other store owners and he said it was their daughter in law. She was only 42 and died of an aneurism. It was very quick. That's all I know. I feel so bad and would ask for your prayers. I don't know her home address so I will have to wait until they get back next week to send over some flowers to their shop.

Boy you just never know. Her daughter in law is the same age as my Chuck. It's just so sad.

Oh my, 42 is so young. Prayers for your friend & their family.

Napa is such a pretty area. We had just sat down to have our glass of bubbly when I got a call from my sister - she had fallen while walking her dog. She was shook up, had already called 911. She fell on her replaced knee and couldn't get up on her own. She was afraid she'd need to go to the hosp and worried about getting her dog home. Turns out, the paramedics were able to get her on her feet, stopped the bleeding above her eye & she walked home. Her neighbor was able to take her to the ER. I went over this afternoon and her knee is black & blue, but it doesn't hurt. They used glue on the cut in her eyebrow.

I'm glad her neighbor was able to take her to the ER becuase we hit a lot of traffic coming home. I think a lot of people went to Napa since the weather was so warm. She called about 10 minutes after we got home to tell us that she was home from the ER. I was no help! I'm glad she's OK.

Angelrose, how very sad about your friend's DIL :sad1:. I'm so sorry and send hugs and prayers :hug:. Sadly way too young! :sad2:

This hits close to home, as for years I've been a nanny to 2 children who lost their Mommy (35yo) due to an aneurism shortly after her 2nd child was born :(. Very heartbreaking and am blessed their Daddy and I found each other and I can offer my TLC to these sweeties, who we love like our own grands. :lovestruc

minniecarousel, so sorry about your sister's fall, thankfully it wasn't worse and good she is on the mend. My good friend is recovering from her knee replacement, so know the pain and lengthy recovery/rehab they go through. :hug:

Napa sounds wonderful Minnie, as does the wine! :thumbsup2 Sorry for your sister, thank goodness it wasn't more serious.

4nana, I agree, ice cream is the only thing to do after standing in line for so long :goodvibes

Angel, that is so shocking, WAY too young. Her poor family, I can't imagine :sad2:

On a happier note, Dollywood sounds like such fun, I know you will take some wonderful pictures!

The weather has turned so dreary again here. I spent all morning ironing 15 of DH's lightweight shirts, then he was back in his winter coat this morning :lmao:

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening! :wave2:

Thank you minniecarousel. I'm so sorry about your sister falling. Hope she feels better. I know how a fall like that can really jar you.

Thank you 4nana. Losing their mom so young is just terrible. I'm so glad they have you to give them your love.

snappyd, I definitely will be taking pictures at Dollywood. Only 53 more days.

And only 282 more days until Disney World. But I'm not excited about either trip as you can tell. ;)

Hello my friends. I had such a wonderful weekend.

Friday I started my day at IHOP and had an omelet instead of pancakes. It was delicious but I think I had as many points as with pancakes! I went to Walmart and picked up a few things and then went to the mall and got a card for my friend.

I stopped at Target and returned a top and got a few things there too. My main stop was at Kohls. I had a 20% off coupon and got 5 tops that I had been looking for. Plus they were on sale and I got $10 Kohls cash for next time.

I came home and rested until4 when Chuck called to tell me to come over around 5:30. The kids ran to greet me. Boy I love that. We went to Red Robin for dinner. I had the chili cheeseburger, in a lettuce wrap. That was so much better than a bun. Buns get soggy after a few minutes, lettuce stays crispy. After we put the kids to bed, we chatted for a while and then I left for home around 9.

Saturday we went to swimming lessons. Jesse did really well and did the best dive out of the whole group. He kept his promise to me and was very good all week in school and at swimming. After we got home, they asked me to come back around 2 so they could do some grocery shopping. Now Jesse wanted to play with his friends, so it was just Zoey and me.

"Grandmom, push me HIGHER. HIGHER grandmom" I wish you could see my arms. They are 9 feet long after a half hour of that. :rotfl: I told her I had to sit down and rest for a while. Yeah, that lasted all of two whole minutes. Then it was back to "Grandmom, push me HIGHER! Ifinally had to ask her if she wanted to watch cartoons, so I could rest!

Jesse came back to ask for a snack and then went right back out. He came back in after a half hour as his friend was having her dinner. So we all watched cartoons until mommy and daddy came back.

They asked me to stay for taco night. It was a fun evening. I waited until they both went to bed and then I went home.

Sunday I had to be there by 7:45am. Karen was running a 5k and the kids were running a 1k. While Karen was signing up, someone called my name and I looked at it was a friend for WW. She had mentioned that she and her daughter were doing a 5k at the meeting, but I didn't know it was going to be at the same place.

Chuck and I watched the kids at the playground while she ran. She did really well and then it was time for the kids. Karen was going to run with Jesse and Chuck was going to be with Zoey. I stayed at the finish line and chatted with my friend who did really well too for a first time.

Chuck came back with Zoey. She just cried so they walked around the refreshment stand and came back. I told her she tried and I was proud of her. Jesse came running across the finish line and Karen was back a ways. I was so proud of him. Karen told us later that he was so far in front of her that she lost sight of him. She found him sitting on the side, waiting for her. AWWWWW But then he saw a little boy crying, so he went up to him and told him he would run with him until he found his mom. Wasn't that sweet?

My friend told me that you can walk a 5k. I didn't know that. But next time Karen runs her 5k, I will sign up to walk it. I could probably run for a short while, but I know I can easily walk it. So that's something to look forward to. I don't think she is going to do anything until November because nobody runs in the heat and the humidity around here.

After her run Karen was famished. We all went to IHOP and I had my omelet again. It was really a fun day and I gave the kids a present for doing so well all weekend. Just a little monster truck for Jesse and a couple of princess figurines for Zoey.

I went home and watched tv for the rest of the day. (A lot of it with my eyes closed).

Such a wonderful weekend. I look forward to every weekend when I can spend time with the family again.

Leaving for the Beach Club tomorrow morning! Hope the weather is good, we want to spend the week at the pool and not go to the parks this time. Talk to you all next week! :cool1:

AR, sounds as tho you had another wonderful and fun filled week-end :goodvibes. You are a busy bee and so blessed to live near your son/family and be so involved in their lives :goodvibes. I know how much it means to your sweet grands to have Grandma so close and priceless for you too!! :lovestruc

Beautiful sunny wkend here that kept us busy - Friday was my hair cut, then I made lunch for my bro who is home recouping from a hospital stay for Afib. Needless to say, it was scary, but thank God he is much better! That evening we hustled bustled to watch 3 grands Lacrosse, soccer, and football games :). Sat. brought another grand's soccer game and by then we were gamed out ;). Then onto groc shopping for my dear Mom, cook dinner for her, and we spent the evening chatting. Sadly at 83yo her health slipping, so we try to visit often and do all we can to help and truly appreciate the times we have together :hug:. Sun. evening DD1/SIL and grands brought dinner over and we watched Cpt. America on Netflix and enjoyed a relaxing evening. :goodvibes

It’s supposed to rain thru Wed, but at least it’s washing some of the aggravating pollen away for allergy sufferers. Hopefully it clears up like they’re expecting, as we’re looking forward to a long week-end get away to Williamsburg for our anniversary. :lovestruc

snapppyd ~ hope you have a safe, wonderful, and relaxing trip! :wizard:

Everyone have a good week! :hug:

snappyd, have a great time relaxing at the pool. Sounds wonderful.

4nana, you had a busy weekend too. I can't believe you went to all those games. LOL Your grands are very athletic. I hope you mom does better. It's great that you can be with her as much as you can. I'm sure that means a lot to her.

We had a rainy day yesterday but today was sunny and at time cloudy. But it was really nice out.

After my workout this morning, I tried jogging. Yes, I know that is a scary thought. I did ten minutes running around my driveway. Well almost. I did stop every once in a while and picked up branches while I walked a few steps. I HATE picking up branches. But I did get a lot of jogging in.

Then when I went for my walk, I actually did a lot of jogging. Twice around Smithville, almost. I did have to walk a bit now and then. More on the second time around and the third time I had to walk the whole way around.

So I'm trying. I really want to be in shape for our trip to Dollywood and maybe in November I can enter that 5K with Karen. I don't expect to jog the whole way of course, but if I can do maybe a mile, I will be happy and walk the rest.

My ankle doesn't seem to bother me too much. Except for the picture of me limp/jogging. :lmao:

Something came up and we had to cancel our trip, hope to be able to go in the fall. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Angel, you are a wonder! I really need to start walking, I sit in front of this computer FAR TOO MUCH!

Oh snappyd, I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip. On the other hand it looked like lots of rain down in Miami. It may be different in Orlando, but the fall will be perfect, I just know it.

I spent to day babysitting Jesse. Last night he had a fever and threw up. Today I asked him what made him sick and he told me his head hurt and that's why he threw up. We are hoping that he isn't getting migraines. :sad2:

But he was laughing and fine all day. We played all day and now I am beat. Hot bubble bath for me.

My leg muscles are sore today, but I am going to keep at it tomorrow. I won't be able to do much until Monday again. Saturday and Sunday I am going to birthday parties with Jesse. Friday is my IHOP day and shopping. I so look forward to the weekends.

I had a wonderful weekend with the grandkids. Friday I had my usual IHOP pancakes and got some great bargains on clothes. I got a pair of peach stretch skinny jeans that perfectly matched a top I got last week. I also got a pair of navy dress pants and navy and black capri's. Everything was on sale so I was happy.

Chuck called and asked me to come around 5 for dinner at Olive Garden. Karen had picked up the kids and would meet us there. I was being good. Well, as good as one can be at Olive Garden. I had the soup that I always get and the sausage and peppers with ziti. I ate all the sausage and peppers but only a few on the ziti. We all enjoyed our meal. Karen and I took the kids to Toys R Us to get birthday presents for twin girls and Jesse's best friend Connor. Of course grandmom can't go into a toy store without buying my babies something. Zoey wanted a pink Hello Kitty purse and Jesse wanted a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Karen got Zoey a pair of high heels. She had her choice on pink or blue and she chose the blue ones. Even the purple ones couldn't change her mind.

We walked around and we found Thunder Cats stuff on sale. No Chuck has been a fan of that cartoon since his childhood. I got him the only small action figure set they had left. Karen bought him and Jesse the small backpacks. I rode home with Karen and the kids while Chuck drove home from the mall where he bought a few things.

I got home around 9 and took a nice hot bubble bath to relax.

Saturday I did my grocery shopping and then took my trash to the dump. I had a quick lunch and then went over to take Jesse and Zoey to the twin girls birthday party. It was fairly nice out so all the kids played outside. They had a nice swing set and a small trampoline. Zoey went right to the big slide and then she went to the swing. Yeah, the next thing I hear is, "GRANDMOM PUSH ME". I wasn't going to get out of that duty. So we did that for a while until she got tired and went to the playhouse. Jesse was mostly on the trampoline. But he did play with her in the playhouse.

There was a long swing and the father of the twins would get three kids on it and then swing them really high. Well, Zoey wanted to go on that. He put her in the middle and told her to hang on real tight. You see where this is going, right? I turned to look at Jesse and I hear a scream. I turned around to see the father carrying a crying Zoey over to me. Thank goodness she wasn't hurt, just scared and very dirty. I dusted her off and told her she was OK and she could go back to playing. She wanted to sit on my lap for a while and eat some of my potato chips. I got her more and some juice. Then she went back to playing. I was talking to some of the mothers when I couldn't find Zoey. UHOH!

I ran inside and they said she was inside playing with the dolls. So I had a few minutes peace and quiet and read my Kindle for a while.

We all had birthday cake and then Chuck came to pick us up. It was a fun time for me. I had dinner with them, but for the life of me I can't remember what I had.

Sunday I was there at 8:30 for swimming lessons. Zoey did well except for crying when she first got in the pool. Jesse did well, until a different instructor told him to swim on his back. He refused to do it and when she tried to help him he got his foot around and pinched her with his toes! Well, Karen got him right out of the water for a "conversation". The instructor said she felt bad. I told her absolutely not. He has to learn that is totally unacceptable behavior. Jesse came out and apologized to her and asked if he could please come back for the rest of the lesson. He did swim but not on his back. He gets so scared of new things and fights back. That will never do. But he is learning. I'm so proud of the way Karen is raising both children.

Karen and I had bagel sandwiches for lunch and then I took Jesse to his best friends birthday party. Both boys really miss each other since Jesse started a new school. But they would have all split up anyway in September for kindergarten.

It was too cold outside so most of the kids moved inside to play video games. Grandmom found herself outside with a few other moms and no Jesse. I went inside and he was upstairs. Grandmom sat herself down on the couch and read my Kindle. It was great! I had a piece of birthday cake too.

Karen came to pick us up and was talking to Connor's mother. Strange thing. She had bought Chuck and Karen's old house and her sister lived in back. She hasn't been able to sell it in this market so she is renting it. Isn't that a small world?

We got home and I stayed for a while and talked to Chuck and then I left. I got home around 8:30.

They both kept thanking me for going to the parties with the kids, but I had a wonderful time all weekend.

They certainly do keep you busy!! We had a fun weekend, went to TGIF for bugers and beers on Friday night. On Saturday we sat at the beach for about an hour, Dh loves to fly his kite there. It was a bit cool so we went for a nice mocha coffee and sat outside with it.

Our favorite seafood shop is open again for the season. We bought a pound of scallops. I made boiled parsley potatoes and broccoli, DH fried the scallops. I also made some homemade tarter sauce. We were bad and had some Ben & Jerry's for dessert - my favorite - New York Super Fudge Chunk!

Sunday Dh made me blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I'm embarrassed to admit that in 31 years of marriage I think I made breakfast 5 times. He does it so much better: pancakes, waffles, cheese omelets, homemade hash browns. I'm truly spoiled!

After breakfast I cleaned and refilled the hummingbird feeders - we already have about 4 birds. Poor things must be freezing at night. Came back to NY and had dinner and watched some tv.

It POURED rain today, had to cancel lunch plans with my two sisters. I don't think I've been them since Thanksgiving :sad2:

Today I made an Irish soda bread and brought a piece to my downstairs neighbor. She gave me the new Mary Higgins Clark book, I just read the first 3 chapters. I think tomorrow I'll make a pot of soup.

Well, time to prep dinner, Dh will be home early (4:15) today! Have a wonderful evening!! :):)

Always enjoy your weekly updates about the fun activities you have with your sweet grands and family :goodvibes. Oh my, so glad lil Zoey didnt get hurt w/that bad fall. And Jesse's conversation w/his Mom, Lordie I remember days those oh so well! ;)

Ditto, new spring clothes are a real boost, specially when you've lost all that weight :thumbsup2! I wish I could get motivated :guilty:. Our Jazz Your Joints aqua class twice a wk is great conditioning and altho I've lost a few inches, I don't see much weight coming off :blush:. Time to kick it up a notch and buckle down with a serious diet like you did! Unfortunately w/our knee issues, no cycling like last year, but we have a lovely neighborhood us ole' foke can stroll through in evening. :goodvibes

Our getaway trip to Williamsburg was wonderful! What's not to like about staying at the Hilton, their lovely hot breakfasts, browsing the old town, fun activities, nice restaurants w/delicious food, and good weather too boot?! :)

Now, on to Mothers Day :goodvibes! Our kiddos have invited me to a Tea luncheon that I'm really looking forward to, and will get to spend time w/my dear Mom also :hug:. Its been dreary and rainy all week, so lets cross our fingers the wk-end weather is nice and :sunny:.

Happy Mothers Day Angelrose :rose:! Wishing all our Dis ladies (moms or not) a great time with their loved ones this wk-end. :grouphug:

*snapppyd ~ TGIF, seafood, B&J's ice crm, homemade blueberry pancakes, all sound so yummy! Here's hoping you get to make up that canceled trip real soon too. :flower3:

Hello Ladies!

Angelrose - reading about your weekends reminds of reading letters that my Aunt would send my dad - she was always busy with her daughters and her grands. Sounds like a lot of fun.

We have booked our flight to NY in July. Going East, we'll take a non-stop red-eye, and I paid extra for more leg room. I am not comfortable flying. It takes great effort to go to Disney World because of that. We still need to figure out transportation from JFK to the Southampton area. We'll spend 3 nights in NYC. Looking forward to it.

Hello Ladies and have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all.

snappyd, your dinners sound wonderful. You must be quite the chef. Sorry you didn't get to have lunch with your sister.

4nana, it is VERY hard to keep losing weight after a certain amount. I have been going up and down for over a year or more now. I had been down 50 pounds but it has creeped up to 48. I exercise 3 days a week and watch what I eat for 4 days a week. But Friday, and Sunday I have to have my pancakes and usually dinner out with the kids. Sunday it's bagel sandwiches after swim lessons. I usually try and be good on Saturday but it depends on if I am alone or doing something with the grandkids.

Sounds like a wonderful vacation at Williamsburg. I have never been there. Maybe someday I'll get there.

minniecarousel, I do love telling you all about our adventures because I get to live it over again. Enjoy your trip to New York in July. Plane rides are never fun for me either. I only have to fly 2 1/2 hours to get to Orlando and I am always glad to get out of that plane.

Karen called tonight to ask if I would pick up Jesse's cap and gown from his old daycare. LOL That should be fun. I love going there.

Friday morning I am going to have brunch with my girlfriend. Then walk around the mall for an hour or so.

Then Friday night we are going to have dinner at home. At least that way I can somewhat behave. Then we are going to watch a movie.

Saturday we are taking the kids to Storybook Land for the afternoon. I hope the weather cooperates. We are supposed to have a chance for thunderstorms all day. Sunday is swimming lessons. I hope we don't have to have any more conversations with Jesse. LOL I think we are both going to speak to him before the lessons.

I love having busy weekends.

I had a very busy and fun weekend. Friday I met my girlfriend for brunch at IHOP. She was late as usual, but I figured that. I did my shopping first at Walmart and as I was putting my bags in the trunk, I did something I NEVER do because I know what can happen. I laid my keys down in the trunk and then closed the trunk. EEEEEKKK PANIC! I got out my phone and was going to call Chuck. But then I though I will just walk over to IHOP and have brunch and THEN call him. He would have to go to my house to pick up Ron's keys and then come to Walmart.

I was halfway across the parking lot when the light dawned. I have a spare door key in my wallet. It has been in there since we bought the car in 95 and I've never had to use it. Well, it was a life saver for sure. I opened the trunk, got my keys and drove over to IHOP. I still had plenty of time to read my Kindle while I waited.

We had a very nice breakfast. We each had an omelet and she had a side of bacon. It was a lot of fun and we both laughed a lot. I told her that we should consider it our birthday gift to ourselves. She thought that was such a great idea that she wants to do next year and she will pay. We'll each take turns and I think that will be fun each year. Her birthday is the day after mine or a day before, I can't remember.

We went to the mall and picked out stiletto shoes for each other. We got a good laugh out of that. Neither of us have any place to wear anything like that. And if I tried standing up in one of those things, I would break my neck. LOL She looked at jewelry and almost bought something but didn't like the way the earrings looked.

I went to buy a couple of birthday cards at Hallmark and bought some beads for my Pandora bracelet. I got a couple of green Da Vinci beads that were on sale. So I got 2 for the price of one. I like the $7 price on these beads that you can't tell from Pandora. I also bought earrings, charm, and pendant that matches a ring that bought a while ago. I have been looking at this set for a while, so I decided to get it.

We walked around a bit more and then she got a phone call from her daughter. She had been in an accident. A woman blew through a red light and hit her car. Thank goodness she didn't have the baby with her. And thank goodness, no one was hurt. But she was bruised and shaken up. She figures that the woman was texting and the cop agreed. The woman did admit that it was her fault. But it's still a big hassle. I'm sure she will be achy for a few days anyway.

She went home and I did the same. We did have a great time. I got home around 2 and Chuck called to ask me to be there around 5.

I got to talk with Chuck and laugh a lot before the kids got home with Karen. They both ran to hug me. I played with the kids so Chuck and Karen could get dinner.

We had spaghetti with Alfredo sauce and chicken breast. OMG it was so good. I don't usually like pasta, but somehow it tastes better when Karen makes it.

After the kids went to bed we watched The Fast and Furious. Bad acting and unknown plot, but the driving in it was amazing and the cars were really neat too. I enjoyed it, but Chuck and Karen both enjoyed me hiding under the blanket when it got too tense and me going WOOOOO when somebody crashed a car. I can't seem to be quiet during those moments in a movie.

I got home around 9:30 and crashed. I was so tired.

Saturday it rained almost all day so we didn't go to Storybook Land.

Sunday after swimming lessons we stopped to get our bagel sandwiches but the line was out the door, so we left. We decided to give the kids a choice between Storybook Land and the Ocean City boardwalk. They chose the boardwalk.

We ate at one of the Greek food places. The rides were closed, but someone told us they opened at 1. We had a nice meal and then we played miniature golf.

I have only played maybe twice in my life and not recently. To say I was pathetic was to be generous. Jesse was better than me. Karen was helping Zoey, but when she had tried enough she picked up the ball and plopped it in the hole. I'm not going to admit this, but SOMEONE cheated on practically every hole. Although one time I did get a hole in two. Jesse got a hole in one. I've found that it is hard to hit the ball when you are laughing yourself silly at how inept you are. :lmao:

We finished out 18 holes and then went on the rides. Zoey didn't want to ride at all. It was loud in there and I think she was tired from swimming lessons. But she screamed and they had to get her off the one ride she said she wanted to ride. I rode one ride with Jesse, but the others he could ride by himself. He did want to me go on the obstacle course with him. :rotfl: I'm lucky to be walking, so I declined. He loved it and there was a big slide at the end. He went on one more ride and the wanted to do the big slide again. After that we went to get custard at Kohr Bros. I got peanut butter with chocolate sprinkles. Jesse got chocolate with rainbow sprinkles which he shared with Zoey. Karen got orange sherbet dipped in chocolate. Chuck and plain peanut butter.

We walked a little more and then we drove home. I was so tired that I left as soon as we got home. It was a perfect Mother's Day.

Now I have to wait another week before I get to see my grandkids again.

Back to workouts and yard work again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter