• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Angelrose's Journey

The weather sure was nasty on Easter. We just ate out and then I came home.

That is a beautiful picture of the lights on the Empire State building. The colors are so pretty. The clouds and fog make it look very romantic.

Oh look at those children! Where does Karen get their pictures done, Angelrose? Of course, it helps that Jesse and Zoey are so photogenic. ::yes::

I am taking Sophia in this morning for photos - she is quite shy and reserved unless we get lucky and assigned an especially engaging photographer. Hope hers come out half as well as Jesse and Zoey's!

LOVE your Easter Bonnet! :cloud9:

Angelrose, sounds like a fun trip to Storybook Land and wonderful Easter! Love your fun Easter bonnet shot and as always Jesse and Zoey's photos are so creative and adorable :lovestruc! IMO, Jesse looks like his Daddy and Zoey really favors you :) ! And no AR, don't you know grandparents never get tired and can never dose off!?! :laughing:

Sending big ((hugs)) you get your car back soon w/all boos boos mended, as sure know the aggervation and stress of not having your own car. This is where the other ins. company needs to consider 'pain & suffering & inconvenience' compensation when you settle. :hug:

We had a wonderful trip to NC visiting our youngest DD/family for Easter and her BD :goodvibes. Enjoyed Easter Bunny visit, dying eggs w/grands and a fun hunt, DD's BD dinner at Longhorn and helped grands make an Angel Food Lush cake for dessert :). We had an adventure to their big Farmer's Market to get some eggs/veggies to make yummy Frittatas for Easter breakfast and homemade juices, and our 10yo DGS picked up some veggie seedlings to grow in the hot house he and his Dad set up. Also took grands to see The Croods 3D, followed by a fun trip to Sweet Frogs for yogurt. :flower3:

Got back just in time celebrate to our oldest's DD's birthday dinner outing at Tequila Grill! Good times!! :cool1:

Glad everyone had a nice Easter. snapppyd ~ sorry Central Park didn't pan out, but your italian din sounds yummy. Love that creative shot! Wish I could add some pix, but the new photobucket layout is not cooperating with me. ;)

Thank you Minnie&Nana and 4nana. We get their pictures done at the mall at the Picture Place (or is it the Picture People?). We always ask for the same woman. She manages to get the most perfect shots with two wiggly kids. She is very quick on that button.

4nana what a busy Easter you had. Sounds wonderful. Lots of good food and fun things to do. I wish I could grow vegetables or flowers, but the deer, bunnies and turtles love them too much. The only thing I can grow is basil on my back porch from June to usually October. This summer I might get one flowering plant for the back porch too. I'll have to see how much room I have after the basil.

I got my car back today and it looks gorgeous. The paint matches perfectly too. The man at the garage said he loves my car. They don't make them like that anymore for sure. The ride is so smoooooth and quiet. The only thing I wish is that it took regular gas. Buying premium gas all the time is PRICEY.

I stopped at the grocery store and got some veggies and some Kosher dill spears. I haven't seen them in my usual grocery store so I was glad to get them. I also found a new peanut butter that only has 100 calories for 2 tablespoons. It's called Better N Peanut Butter. It tastes so good. I can't really see any difference between that and the regular peanut butter.

Gee, now I can make peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Don't laugh, I've been making those sandwiches for years. Ron used to make funny faces at me when I would eat them, but I loved them.

So I had a good day all around.

Oh and I'm glad you all liked my Easter Bonnet. Zoey picked that out at Target all by herself. She had to have that pink hat.

I agree with 4nana - about Zoey taking after you and Jesse looking like his Daddy. They are adorable kids!

Glad you got your car back Angelrose. It's so nice to drive what's familiar.

We had a crowd of about 20 or so here for Easter Brunch. I baked a ham, they brought the sides.

I talked to my younger son in NY on Thursday. He was driving home to Long Island after working in NJ. I'm afraid that he's already tiring of his commute. He works from home on Mondays and Fridays, drives into NJ very early on Tuesday mornings and home on Thursday afternoons. He goes to where the client is, so it won't be forever. I suppose he's making it work. He also called on Sunday evening, just to say "Happy Easter". I really appreciated that. It still seems so weird having him that far away.

Thank you minniecarousel. Zoey's personality is all Karen though. Except for being such a GIRL. Karen isn't at all. Zoey loves jewelry, shoes and purses. Karen could care less about any of those. I think it's funny though. She sure gets her love of jewelry and purses from me, but shoes?? :confused3 I have no idea where that comes from.

You sure had a crowd for Easter. It's nice that everyone brought the sides. Much more fun that way. Glad you got to talk to your younger son on Easter. That sure is a grind doing all that driving back and forth. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Hello my friends. I went out to dinner with the family last night. We went to Red Robin. They had been on the boardwalk all afternoon walking. Karen was getting her race packet for today's 7K race. She did a personal best at 57 minutes, some seconds. I was so proud of her.

We had fun at Red Robin and then we came home. On the way home Chuck was talking about going to Dollywood again. They both love that place. I told them it sounded like fun.

Today I babysat for a couple hours. We played downstairs and then they watched cartoons while I read. Zoey was very funny. She told me she was going shopping, so I asked her what she was going to buy. She told me she was going to buy me a big purse. LOL She went into the hallway and talked to an imaginary salesperson and came back and handed me an imaginary big purse. :rotfl: I thanked her so much because it was just what I always wanted. Then she said she was going shopping again and I asked what she was going to buy this time. She said she was going to buy me two purses this time. A pink one and a purple one. Off she went and came back with two purses this time. Oh I was so happy to get two more purses.

Off she went shopping again, this time she was going to buy me a pair of jeans, size 8! Hey I have an imagination too. I thanked her again. She was really into this shopping business. The last time she went shopping for a blue purse for me this time. I thought it was so sweet of her that she was only buying for me. Nothing for herself. :lovestruc

I put the kids to bed and then Chuck and Karen came home. I got ready to leave, but Karen asked if I would stay for a few more minutes because they wanted to talk to me about a trip they are planning. Well, I knew where they were going to go.

But they invited me to go along with them, their treat! I will be going to her company picnic in Virginia and then on to Dollywood the next day. I am so excited. It will be around June 14th for about a week. I feel like packing right now. :lmao: I know I will be all packed and ready to go by June 1st!

I have to pack light because since I will be sitting in the back seat, there won't be too much extra room in the van. But I can get by with a couple of pairs of shorts and tops and my swimsuit. Better remember the sun block too.

Can you tell that I am excited??

How exciting! June will be here before you know it. (that's only 10 weeks away - I know because I work at a school and we're all counting down the days!)

Have fun looking into everything that's there. Researching and anticipating are part the fun!

Thanks minniecarousel. I am so excited about this trip. Chuck and Karen have gone before and Karen used to go a lot with her mom and sister. But this will be a new experience for me.

We went to swimming lessons and they both did really well. Jesse is learning to dive. Well, he dived in from the platform and did one heck of a bellyflop. You could have heard it for miles. Everyone at the pool gasped, but he came up laughing. He did a great dive from the pool deck though. I am so proud of them both. Zoey will be using only one bubble next week. Jesse is learning to use the backstroke and extending his arms when swimming the regular way.

We stopped on the way back and got bagel sandwiches for lunch. Boy it was good. I should have only eaten half, but I was a piggie and ate the whole thing.

Really going to have to watch what I eat for the rest of the week for sure. I will be doing my workout tomorrow too.

My neighbor across the street came over and picked out a few socket wrench sets which he really appreciated. I know Ron would approve of him using them. They were good friends.

So I am tired but happy tonight.

Big congrats to Karen on her 7k...great job :thumbsup2! Glad the swim lessons are coming along, sounds like Jesse and Zoey are really progressing. :)

A trip to Dollywood sounds such fun AR! Always nice to have something to anticipate and look forward too! :teeth:

Yeah, glad to hear you got your car back and they did a good job! :car:

Going to be in sunny and in the 70-80s* this week ~ finally great weather and our grands spring sports are here to enjoy! :worship:

minniecarousel, glad you heard from your son and he's doing ok w/move and new job. Our son & family were stationed just 5 hrs away, then Army transferred them cross country, so know it's quite the adjustment when they're so far. :hug:

Quiet week-end here other than house cleaning, dinner outing for seafood, and some shopping. :)

DGD was away at a dance competition all week end and her group was thrilled to win first place in Hip Hop, Jazz and Tap :cool1:. They practice many hours each week and their hard work and dedication is really amazing. :goodvibes

Everyone have a good week. :grouphug:

Thank you 4nana. I was very proud of her. The kids love their swim lessons and I love watching them.

BIG congrats to your DGD for winning first place in the dance competition. That is some accomplishment.

We had beautiful weather here today. It got up to 70 and it's supposed to get up close to 80 tomorrow. After I did my workout this morning, I went out and got most of the leaves out of the pool cover and pumped a lot of the water out. Tomorrow I will try and get the rest of the leaves out and then mend the cover where the squirrel has ripped it all over the place. I think they use it for their nests. But I have to stop that! Those covers cost a lot of money.

image-2.jpg

Oh I am so sad about this. But at least her suffering is over. She was incredibly brave through it all.

Hello friends. I had an interesting weekend. Friday I went out for pancakes and shopping. That afternoon I got a call to please babysit while they went out for dinner and shopping. Miss Zoey wasn't feeling well again. Stomach bug again. She just sat or laid down. She looked so pathetic. Jesse was fine and we watched tv for a while. I put Zoey to bed at 7 and Jesse stayed up for a little while.

Chuck and Karen came home around 8 and showed me all the new outfits they bought for Zoey. Such cute shorts sets and a couple of dresses. I got home around 8:30

Saturday I got a call to babysit while they did their grocery shopping. Jesse was out playing with his friends, so I just had to keep Zoey supplied with Gatorade and some crackers. She didn't eat much, and was still just laying down all day. Jesse came back in from playing and I knew he wasn't feeling well at all. He said he just wanted to lay down but his tummy didn't hurt.

Well, Sunday he had a fever and had the runs and was throwing up. So Monday I was babysitting again. The funny thing was, he was fine. We played and watched tv all day. I had him giggling while he was eating his crackers. He put his foot on me and then took it away real fast. So I asked him if he had seen a flying foot. He told me it wasn't his foot, it was the crackers. So I had a talk with those crackers. He did the same thing and told me it was the crackers again. So I told those crackers they were going in a time out if they didn't behave. He just thought that was the funniest thing. When he finished his crackers, he told me it was the applesauce that did it and we had to go through the same thing all over again. LOL It was good to hear him laugh.

Thankfully they both went to school today. They have both had everything that comes down the pike this year. So I'm glad that they are back to normal.

Cute story. They met my cousin Joan at the grocery store and she told them how excited I was that they were taking me to Dollywood with them. Then she gave Karen a big hug and said, "thank you for being so good to my cousin". Wasn't that sweet? Of course Karen replied that I have been very good to them too. I am so blessed.

It's so sweet that you can stay with them when they're sick. I know how difficult it is with 2 working parents and trying to juggle staying home with sick kids. Sounds like that flu went through them real quick (glad you didn't get it).

Isn't it nice that you and your son's family have such a mutually agreeable relationship? You hear of so much strife within families, it's good to see people getting along. I have a lot of siblings and we're a pretty agreeable bunch too.

Nothing new around here. Just waiting on the landscaper to give us his estimate. He tore so much out of our yards & now it's time to replant. Looks like we'll have a summer of workers around again - at least these will be outside (I got so tired of workers in my house last summer, finishing up the remodel.)

Oh snappyd, I am so sorry you had to go through all that. I certainly hope you will be feeling better way before your trip on May 1.

Thanks minniecarousel. I love to be with my grandkids, for any reason. It's just when they are sick I feel so bad, that I can't do anything to make them feel better. Zoey is the worst because she still can't tell you why she is crying.

But they are better now. Unfortunately, now Chuck has it. I'm hoping it gets the watered down version that Jesse did. It's a nasty bug for sure.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I have always been very close to Joan. I was there for her when she went through a trying time in her marriage and she has been there for me when Ron fell and then passed. She called me every day to make sure I didn't need anything. The other cousin that I am very close to is Butch who had the rectal cancer. Thank God he is still cancer free. My other cousins I only get to see at the family dinner twice a year. And twice a year is just fine with me. LOL

Oh that is WONDERFUL news snappyd. :cheer2::cheer2:

I had a nice weekend. I had my pancakes yesterday morning and did some shopping. I bought some summer pj's and a pair of stretch pants.

Chuck was really sick yesterday. Karen called me to ask me out to dinner with the kids to give Chuck some peace and quiet. We had a nice dinner at the Chinese buffet. Then we went to Walmart and bought some summer clothes for the kids and I got a navy t shirt to go with my new pants.

I came home and watched the news until they captured that maniac.

Today I did my grocery shopping and when I got home Chuck called to say since he was feeling human again I didn't need to come and babysit. I bought a nice pork tenderloin and threw it in the slow cooker with some onions, red peppers and celery and barbeque sauce. MMMMMMMMMMM It came out so good. Plus the house still smells so good.

Tomorrow I will go to watch the kids and their swimming lessons. They certainly keep my life interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter