Real or scam? Lilo's playhouse pricing change

squeegee

DIS Veteran
Just got a phone call and voicemail saying it's from Disney World, about our upcoming vacation that includes an evening for our daughter at Lilo's playhouse. They say they're changing the pricing structure to a flat $55, instead of the $15/hour I was quoted, and that they're adding "enhancements," but that since my reservation is already made, they will let me have a flat rate of $30 if I pre-pay. They then left a call-back number of 407-827-2288. The call log says it came from 407-827-1500.

Has anyone else heard of this? Is it legit? I'm nervous about calling the numbers back unless I know it's real.

Thanks!

don't know but I'd call Disney directly to verify, not the # they gave you.

Thanks for the reply. My TA is going to make some phone calls for me. It sounds too good to be true.... And I know how the rest of that saying goes. LOL.

I got this same phone call and feel it was real. The gentleman had all of my info - date I booked, my children's names, even my credit card number. He asked if he could charge it to secure my place and I agreed. Glad someone else got this phone call!

I got this same phone call and feel it was real. The gentleman had all of my info - date I booked, my children's names, even my credit card number. He asked if he could charge it to secure my place and I agreed. Glad someone else got this phone call!

Did you have to provide any additional credit card information? Confirming any of the numbers or giving them the cvv on the back of the card? I'm worried they could have had a "data breach."

I actually gave him a different card because I didn't want him charging the one on file. He didn't ask for the CVV, but the charge came across my checking account as WDW DINE TICKETS LAKE BUENA VISTA for exactly $90.

Idk, call me paranoid but I'd still want to call Disney directly and ask them. Just because I feel like Disney would just raise the hourly rate if they're adding "enhancements" instead of a flat rate, which could potentially result in losing money?

I guess I'm not that paranoid then. My checking account is protected and I watch it, they charged exactly what he said they would and it came across just like every single other charge from Disney has come across. We even discussed AP discounts since I plan on upgrading once I'm there.

Alright, since I had to call about adding some celebrations to my ADR's, I asked about the activity centers. The lady I spoke to did not know about the price change, but she did know about the enhancements coming. She pulled up my reservation and verified that I was charged the $90 (and thought it was weird since they haven't been informed about this). So now, I feel more confident than ever that this is legitimate. Seems to be another case of the CM's not being informed, as usual. I would call the number back for sure and go ahead and put the charge through. Looks like prepayment will be required at the time of booking now.

I called about this too and the CM didn't know what type of changes are being made...I'm interested in finding out!

Just a quick follow-up. I bit the bullet and made the phone call. I really *hate* making phone calls. But, in this case, it's saved Me $50.

I called 1-407-w-disney, and eventually got transferred to Lilo's playhouse directly, where she confirmed its something they're doing, and gave me the number to call (which matched the one in the voicemail).

All's well. :)

My kids stayed there on 11/4 and we paid $90 for two kids, four hours. We had a great experience, but if the price went up more I think I'd skip it.

My kids stayed there on 11/4 and we paid $90 for two kids, four hours. We had a great experience, but if the price went up more I think I'd skip it.

Yeah, it was originally about $16/hour, and we wanted a pretty long evening out, so it was going to run us about $80 for just our daughter. The new flat rate works well for us in this instance, and the discount they gave me for having an existing reservation just couldn't be beat. It's so unusual for things at Disney to go *down* in price. Lol.

Interesting! It was really a wonderful experience the kids didn't want to leave!

I doubt Disney would make a change that will make them lose money. I'm willing to bet that they did some analysis of usage at the childcare centers and found that most families use them for 3 hours or less. In those cases, a flat rate of $55 per child is more than $15-$16 x 2-3 hours per child. Families who leave their children at the center for longer than 3 hours will see some savings with the new flat rate, but I'm sure that's a minority of families (at least historically).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter