~ Real Housewives of New Jersey ~ Season 6 ~ 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Joe Guidice actually made sense.

From the conversations both Giudice and Chris were having with their wives, its pretty obvious they miss each other. Oh, and he brought the wine they had made together. It seems like they just want their wives to get over it so they can hang out again.

YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: A 39-count federal indictment returned today charges Teresa and Joe Giudice of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” with mortgage fraud, as well as attempts to hide assets in bankruptcy proceedings.

Grand jurors said Teresa Giudice, 41, and Giuseppe “Joe” Giudice, 43, both of Towaco, conspired to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud by making false statements on loan applications, along with bankruptcy fraud.

It also charges Giuseppe Giudice with failure to file tax returns for tax years 2004 through 2008 on nearly $1 million of income.

“The indictment returned today alleges the Guidices lied to the bankruptcy court, to the IRS and to a number of banks,” U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman said. “Everyone has an obligation to tell the truth when dealing with the courts, paying their taxes and applying for loans or mortgages.

“That’s reality.”

Both are scheduled for appearances in U.S. District Court in Newark tomorrow morning.

Joe Giudice already is facing a state prosecution of using his brother’s identification to get a driver’s license because he had his suspended after a DUI.

According to the federal indictment, the Bravo television show couple submitted bogus mortgage and other loan applications and supporting documents for seven years, beginning in 2001, that “falsely represented that they were employed and/or receiving substantial salaries when, in fact, they were either not employed or not receiving such salaries.”

For example, it says, Teresa Giudice applied for a mortgage loan of $121,500 in September 2001 “for which she submitted a loan application that falsely claimed that she was employed as an executive assistant. She also submitted fake W-2 Forms and fake paystubs purportedly issued by her employer.”

The indictment also cites specific instances of alleged bank and loan application fraud.

On Oct. 29, 2009, the Giudices filed a petition for individual Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Newark. Over the next few months, the indictment says, they filed several amendments to the bankruptcy petition.

As part of the bankruptcy filings, the Giudices were required to disclose to the government trustee, among other things, assets, liabilities, income, and any anticipated increase in income. The indictment alleges that they “intentionally concealed businesses they owned, income they received from a rental property, and Teresa Giudice’s true income from the television show.”

They also hid income from website sales and personal and magazine appearances, it says.

What’s more, the government says, the Giudices “concealed their anticipated increase in income from the then-upcoming Season Two of the Bravo television show.”

Technically, federal conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud count carries a maximum potential penalty of 20 years of in prison and a $250,000 fine – although a guilty plea or conviction would bring far less than that.

The same applies to the fraud counts, which carry maximum prison terms of up to 30 years and $1 million in fines.

The bankruptcy fraud offenses can each bring up to five years in a federal penitentiary and a $250,000 fine, while failing to file a tax return exposes those convicted to up a year in prison and $100,000 in fines.

Fishman credited special agents of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Office of Inspector General, New York Region; special agents of IRS-Criminal Investigation; Region 3 U.S. Trustee Roberta DeAngelis and the Newark office of the U.S. Trustee, with the investigation that led to today’s indictment.

The case is being handled by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Jonathan W. Romankow and Rachael Honig.

Defense attorneys Miles Feinstein (Giuseppe Giudice) and Henry Klingeman (Teresa Giudice) are representing the couple.

“The privilege of living well in the United States carries certain real responsibilities, including filing tax returns when required and paying the correct amount of tax,” said Shantelle P. Kitchen, Special Agent in Charge of the Newark office of IRS-Criminal Investigation.

A. Derek Evans, who heads the FDIC Office of Inspector General, added that “the American people need to be assured that their government is working to ensure integrity in the financial services and housing industries and that those involved in criminal misconduct that undermines that integrity will be held accountable.”

Wow. That's some serious stuff.

From the conversations both Giudice and Chris were having with their wives, its pretty obvious they miss each other. Oh, and he brought the wine they had made together. It seems like they just want their wives to get over it so they can hang out again.

I thought bringing the wine was a really sweet gesture.

My GAWD, Honny! Wow!

Fist of all thanks for the article.

But secondly how can two adults who are also parents to FOUR children act with such ignorance when it comes to their finances???? Forget ignorance insert the word CRIMINALS???? :headache:

HOLY TOLDEO! :eek:

I wonder if there will be cameras on them tomorrow as they enter the Newark Courtroom???

My GAWD, Honny! Wow!

But secondly how can two adults who are also parents to FOUR children act with such ignorance when it comes to their finances???? Forget ignorance insert the word CRIMINALS???? :headache:

I wonder if there will be cameras on them tomorrow as they enter the Newark Courtroom???

Right?!?!?

Their poor daughters.

Karma is a ***** if Melissa gets the kids.

My GAWD, Honny! Wow!

From my understanding, Chris, Jacqueline, Joey and Melissa are next with their cases of fraud with money.

Also, Chris, Jacqueline and Joey are being brought up with assault charges for a fight later in the season.

From my understanding, Chris, Jacqueline, Joey and Melissa are next with their cases of fraud with money.

Also, Chris, Jacqueline and Joey are being brought up with assault charges for a fight later in the season.

Truly unbelievable.

Will Bravo be a part of any of this? Mostly the assault charges? Who filed those?

My GAWD, Honny! Wow!

It's called being a narcissist.

They really are...I am not surprised by anything that happens to any of them....When you live your life like that you get everything you deserve.

Exactly! Not only are they narcissists, they are stupid ones at that! Who commits tax evasions and then goes on a reality show?? Duh!

Bravo TV can't get them out of this. Tre submitted FALSE W-2 forms back in 2001. I can't see Andy Cohan wanting anything to do with this!

But I do find it odd that a grown woman who says "Twittered" could be the mastermind behind tax, wire and mail fraud.

Bravo TV can't get them out of this. Tre submitted FALSE W-2 forms back in 2001. I can't see Andy Cohan wanting anything to do with this!

So I'm guessing the Giudices may not return next season. Oh unless Bravo starts a new show....The Real Housewives of Cell Block D!!

But I do find it odd that a grown woman who says "Twittered" could be the mastermind behind tax, wire and mail fraud.

And "hurted". Picked up on that one last night. She said Jacqueline really hurted her.

Usually when they are are showing us a season of RHONJ, they are in the process of filming a new season. Does anyone know if they are currently filming?

No, I meant will Bravo be responsible for the assault?

Silly question I know

I don't think they can be held liable for the actions of adults. They may have to sensor the heck out of it though - similar to MTV when that guy punched Snooki I'd assume.

Maybe Kim D helped her file her taxes! :scratchin :confused3 :lmao:

As Juicy Joe would say 'Eh, waddayagonnado'

Wow, someone 'official' decided Juicy and Tre needed looking into.

Maybe it was on the heels of all Juicy's law issues. So as this 'person' whoever he or she is that decided to 'peel back the onion' as the saying goes on Juicy and Tre, wow, they must have been shocked BUT not surprised at what they found on them.

What's so sad is that there are children involved in all this and they may both be facing jail time. How the hell can you REPEATEDLY do crap as illegal as this over and over again and not think of your children once?

Knowing the both of them, they will put the blame on EVERYONE and EVERYTHING but themselves.

Their credibility is SHOT.

I always thought Juicy was shady but it appears he had a willing partner in Tre.

Gawd. :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter