Rates in October

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
After much discussion in our group, the teens have decided they would rather hold off for a US/IOA trip until fall. I find September to be a bit hot and I would just as soon not tour in Nov/Dec. So my question is: What type of discounts can I anticipate in October at the onsite resort? Does the HHN affect daytime park attendance?

We went this past Oct. and got the super saver rate and stayed at the Portafino cheaper than Royal Pacific.The crowds didn't seem to be bad durning the day,people start coming in for hhn around 5.With your express pass you never have to wait more than 5 mins. to ride anything.

Our kids go to year round schools here. We went in 2008 in October. It was very quiet. No crowds at all. However I think this year may be different since Harry Potter is opening. We booked Oct 2-Oct 8 and got arate of $175.50 per night! For whatever reason...the rates were MUCH cheaper booking Sat-Fri than Sun-Sat. I don't know why...but it was about $60 a night cheaper.

the rate she got is due to value season.

prices increase when regular season dates begin.

for my october '10 stay, i could only get the first two nights at the same rate as she posted.
rest of my stay has the increase due to regular season rates.

How did you get that rate Melanie?

Just thought I would update here that I just checked the Stay More Save More Rates now available in October. Our rate went down to $133.71 per night!!!!:banana:

Arrival Date Friday, October 1, 2010
Departure Date Friday, October 8, 2010
Room Type Standard 2 Queens
Room Rate $133.71
Rate Description Stay More, Save More

Our total for the week was $1052.00

Just thought I would update here that I just checked the Stay More Save More Rates now available in October. Our rate went down to $133.71 per night!!!!:banana:

Arrival Date Friday, October 1, 2010
Departure Date Friday, October 8, 2010
Room Type Standard 2 Queens
Room Rate $133.71
Rate Description Stay More, Save More

Our total for the week was $1052.00
it is not very cheap, but not expensive... in my opinion it is a good offer

ha i'd jump on that rate in a minute:eek:

u could be staying just for the weekend @ Portofino on October 8th & be paying $299+ w/AAA rate:rolleyes: (it's worth it though, for a sweet suite youfirst upgrade:woohoo:)

in all fairness, u really must take into account these are deluxe rooms (w/FOTL percs) for $133 a night, less than disney's moderates in the above OPs case . In mine, it's easily a $100 or more less a night than the disney deluxe resorts i've priced out for same week.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter