Rash? Really?

shmoogrrrl

Tigger Goddess
I am doing the Couch to 5K program and today I did W5D2, which is 8 minutes running, 5 minutes walking and 8 minutes running. I run on my treadmill, and I did nothing different tonight from any other run.

Well, by the time I made it through the first 8 minutes, I had broken into this, for lack of a better word, rash. It was all over my hands, arms, stomach, chest and a small bit on my legs. I spent that 5 minute walk between runs trying to keep myself from scratching my skin off. I made it through the second 8 minutes (yay!) but by the time I was done with the cool down and stretching, I was miserable. Running cool water over it in the shower made it feel better and now, about two hours after I finished running, it is completely gone.

So does anyone have any clue what in the world happened? The only thing that I can figure out is that it was a heat rash, but I wasn't any hotter than I normally am. My basement is pretty chilly and I had the fan running on the treadmill so I had a lot of cool.

Thoughts?

Has this ever happened before? If you were to play a sport to the point of sweating at the same rate you were while running do you have the same problem?

The only thing I can even think of is that it was a reaction by your skin from the salt in your sweat but that would happen whenever you perspired, not only while running.

Were you wearing something new or different? I have allergic reactions when I sweat to different types of fabric (and especially if I switch laundry detergent).

Yea I would look for an allergen in your clothing that got spread over your body while sweating if you've done other sports/activities where you've sweated before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter