Rarest Character?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Postal68, May 24, 2013.

1. Postal68

Postal68 DIS Veteran

Our kids are now grown, but we still do the occasional character photo op depending on time and lines.

Reading all of these character posts got me to wondering...

Who is the rarest character to get a photo with?

Who is the rarest "regular" rotation character to get a photo with?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MinnieLee

MinnieLee DIS Veteran

Years ago, DH and I were in DHS and saw the "old hag". Never saw her again!
    Also found Jiminy Cricket at AK's Conservation Station. Also at DHS, found Mushu.

DH loves the villians so seeing at MNSSHP the Queen of Hearts was great for him.

4. Mel6197

Mel6197 Mrs. Public Works

Captain Phoebus was probably my rarest

5. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

As for Rare regular characters that still have a chance of appearing... John Smith, Mowgli, or Shang. There are lots of characters that have been popping out for Limited Time Magic or the recent Disney Dreamers Everywhere events - but it's really unknown if we'll see those again in any type of regular pattern.

I list characters by their level of Rarity here: WDW CHARACTER FREQUENCY

For myself, I'd have to go with Queen Elinor - as she's never done M&Gs, and only appeared for a quick 5 minutes during Merida's coronation.

BRAVE

[​IMG]

6. WDWsweetsixteengirl

WDWsweetsixteengirl Mouseketeer

I've never had a meet and greet with anyone rare characters but I did see Mr. Penguin when I was backstage. I was waiting behind the Main Street parade doors to march with my high school and Mr. Penguin and Mary Poppins passed by still in character.

7. PrincessKida

PrincessKida Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Expl

To be honest rare characters to me is very subjective. Some characters only appear certain times of the year or at certain events so they are in fact "rare" but a decent amount of people do get to meet them every year. Other rare characters, such as ones used for training purposes, appear "year round" in a sense but are to some rarer than "Special Events" characters. For example, compare a character such as Luke Skywalker to a character like Gideon. Luke appears at SWW every year, certain times at certain places. Gideon pops up in Epcot rarely but since it's without any sort of fanfare it feels "rare" to me.

Events like Long Lost Friends, Party for the Planet at AK and Fairies week announced rare characters in advance, so while a lot of people got to meet them it was a limited amount of time it was offered.

But anyway, my rarest is a bit. Randomly found Suzy and Perla who don't seem to pop up that much (Foulfellow and Gideon seem to pop up more in my opinion), Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh, and the line up for Long Lost Friends week, Fairies week, Party for the planet, etc. I'm sure I am forgetting some since I've met a ton of characters. Just blanking out right now.

My rarest pictures I'd say are the fact I got to meet Mary Poppins and Bert in their winter outfits over True Love Week in February. I also got to meet the gang in their SW outfits all at one time with R2MK which is probably my favorite picture ever !

8. Foxxie52

Foxxie52 Mouseketeer

I managed to find Sebastian on the Disney Wonder while I was there. I've never seen him anywhere else since.

9. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

What a great website! Super cool.

10. Nutz4Dizney

Nutz4Dizney DIS Veteran

April 2005 I saw Jiminey Cricket, Frances (Bugs Life), Tuck and Roll (Bugs Life), Flik and Atta at Epcot outside Innovention. I've seen Flik and Atta at Ak after 2005 (I believe they are now retired along with Jiminey Cricket) but Frances, tuck and roll never saw before or after.

11. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

There are several in my collection that I consider rare (my favorites are the King, Grand Duke, and Belle's Prince from Cinderellabration, Kronk, and Darkwing Duck)

12. My sister's princess

My sister's princess <font color=green>These boards have grimmer police

I met Figment back in 2008! [​IMG]

13. BarbieTourGuide

BarbieTourGuide Fabulous Disney Lover ♥

I know Atta from A Bug's Life is extremely hard to find. I have always wanted to meet her, but sadly haven't yet.

14. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Summer 2010 Captn Jack Sparrow was having a rant up top a crate just outside PoC. It was freakishly REAL!!'

Please tell me he is still there!:love:

15. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

That's a show. The Pirate Tutorial. It happens multiple times a day. It is NOT a character meet and greet though.

16. DisneyMom4964

DisneyMom4964 Have a Magical Day!

King John, Kermit and Miss Piggy are my only rare ones! Oh and Max (Goofey's son) :)

17. tinkerbell1984

tinkerbell1984 Mouseketeer

Rabbit was meeting this past Thursday for the morning shift with Tigger and Pooh at MK. We missed him and he didn't come back out for the afternoon. :(

18. babydoll65

babydoll65 please stand clear of the doors, por favor manteng

For me my favorite character is Prince John from Robin Hood but of all the times I've been to wdw,iv only seen him once in epcot.

19. Kingdome8

Kingdome8 Mouseketeer

My daughter got her pic with prince caspian.
    Looked just like him.

20. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

Totally jealous (as always!)!

21. Peepster

Peepster DIS Veteran

I've only seen Thumper around Easter and Christmas.