Rarest Character?

Captain Hook and Smee are hard to find...we are there a lot and can't seem to find them. I know sometimes around adventure land, but no luck for us.

We too spent several trips trying to find them. Finally had luck at Characterpoolza last October ~ they were only out for one rotation and only a handful of people got the chance for pics and autographs with them.

The rarest character I've ever met was Brer Rabbit at the Halloween Party a while back.

At the time they weren't so rare but they now are but I have met Clopin (Hunchback), Milo Thatch and Vinnie (Atlantis), Dreamfinger and Figment (when I was VERY little), Prince Caspian and Figment (the walk around character) when I was younger.

I'm glad to see someone else met Caspian too. He was my first crush too and he called me the Princess of Pennsylvania.

I'd LOVE to meet my all time favorite character, Roger Rabbit, but alas, I hear because of disputes with the author of his book, he was retired :sad: :sad: Last year, though, my mom emailed WDW and asked if they'd send me an autographed picture from Roger for my birthday. Well, WDW emailed DL and asked if they could help me out since Roger doesn't have pictures at WDW anymore (my mom got a copy of the email so I saw it XD). About a week later, I got an envelope from Disneyland (I think it was DL Guest Relations) and there inside was a black and white picture of Roger in one of the parks signed "To Katie Love, Roger Rabbit". Closest I'm probably I'm going to get to meeting Roger so it means a lot.

I met them in 2006 at Hollywood Studios. A CM arranged a meet and greet for my family with them after the parade.

We met them in Oct 2005 at a meet and greet they used to have at HS! They used stamps for autographs.... adorable.

You see some rare characters on the course of the WDW Marathon and Half Marathon. It's the only time I've seen Davy Crocket and Zorro (on horseback no less). There are also characters in the post-race area that I'm pretty sure non-runners can get into. I feel like I see Max there every year. I didn't realize he was rare! I'd love to find a Mr. Toad meet and greet, but I don't think that's going to happen.

It seems like kinda a waste to have those costumes just hanging around somewhere not being used. However when you do stumble upon a character that doesn't come out all that often I guess it makes it more special.

We met some unusual ones at Disneyland Paris: Aurora in her blue dress, Geppetto, King John, Prince Charming with Snow White, Wendy, Suzy & Perla, Sheriff of Nottingham, and Robin Hood. They had some great character meals over there. The weird rushing crowd at the characters in the parks was odd though! No lining up, just shoving your way to the character.

We've seen Terk on a cruise and Friar Tuck at EPCOT in the hallway behind the character spot. Bert has been out with MP by the carousel in MK. Mr. Penguin was out with Mary Poppins on the NY street of DHS just this past weekend.

Way back in 1993 on my Grad Night trip, I met Ms. Potts, who was adorable. The person inside must have been very short though!

Our rarest ones were back in 2005: Launchpad (when he first came out everybody in line had a brain freeze on who it was until somebody behind finally remember who it was), Friar Tuck, and Prince John

The rarest character I've gotten a picture with is Colonel Hathi from The Jungle Book. :)

I had my photo taken with the chef from Little Mermaid at Disneyland Tokyo.

Our rarest ones were back in 2005: Launchpad (when he first came out everybody in line had a brain freeze on who it was until somebody behind finally remember who it was), Friar Tuck, and Prince John

I am OBSESSED with the idea of meeting Launchpad! And if Darkwing Duck were there, I think I'd just about faint! I hope they bring these guys out more (along with Uncle Scrooge, and Chip and Dale in their Rescue Rangers outfits, and Baloo in his Hawaiian shirt...maybe even Louie in his?) now that my generation is starting to bring its own children to WDW!

Now I just need to start a petition to get them to make Pepper Ann a park character...

My last trip was in 2009 so I'm sure some of these may have been more common back then than they are now (or vice versa) but I met Pinocchio and Gepetto together (MK), Foul Fellow, Mr. Penguin and Maleficient (all in Toontown).

Since mushu has apparently become rare in the parks, I would have to say mushu

The one really rare character I would love to meet is Bonkers!

From the rare list posted previously, we've met Friar Tuck, Jiminy Cricket, Kenai, Prince John, and Robin Hood. We've met others on the list over the years as well. My highlight was meeting Maleficent at MNSSHP- she's my fav!
We also got to meet the Shadow Man from "The Princess and the Frog" that year, but I don't see him listed at all- is he still appearing?

I managed to find Sebastian on the Disney Wonder while I was there. I've never seen him anywhere else since.

I've seen Sebastian on several occassions at Cape May. However it looks like the chef finally caught up with him. :goodvibes

You see some rare characters on the course of the WDW Marathon and Half Marathon. It's the only time I've seen Davy Crocket and Zorro (on horseback no less). There are also characters in the post-race area that I'm pretty sure non-runners can get into. I feel like I see Max there every year. I didn't realize he was rare! I'd love to find a Mr. Toad meet and greet, but I don't think that's going to happen.

It is so neat that you do the marathons! I was just telling my kids about them...maybe a lil physical fitness inspiration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter