Rank the parks

katyj26

Disney Addict
Rank the parks from favorite to not so favorite...
For me this list has changed many times over the years but after my last trip this is how I rank them (as a 23 year old thrill rider)
Hollywood Studios
Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
EPCOT
How do you rank them?

MAGIC KINGDOM is on top
DISNEY is MK nothing like walking in and see the castle.
Vacation dose not begin until we see the castle!!!!
tha'ts our first stop after hitting the hotel.

then
Disney Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
EPCOT

Can I do it based on my children?

DS

Epcot
AK
MK
HS

DD

MK
Epcot
AK
HS

Hard for me to rank because I truly love them all...but I'll rank them based on which ones I'm the most excited to go to on our second visit, based on our first visit...

1. EPCOT (the undisputed #1 for us)
2. AK
3. HS
4. MK

Don't get me wrong, we LOVE MK, but we are also DLR AP holders, so MK is pretty familiar to us compared to the other parks. Although I'm excited to see the new parts of Fantasyland...

I'll also give them Olympics style scores.

1.Epcot 8.4
2.MK 8.2
3.DHS 7.4
4.AK 6.9

As you can see I feel there's plenty of work to be done to all 4 parks before any of them gets over a 9 score,Epcot needs several new additions to some seriously old,worn out attractions in Future World,World Showcase can also use a new country or two and if it wasn't for the festivals at Epcot it's possible I would have Epcot as my number three park.MK is very classic and nothing will ever take away from the appeal of Main Street USA and the other classic attractions so at least for me this park will never drop below second favorite.The new Fantasyland was OK but I wasn't overly impressed,since the seven dwarves coaster has yet to open I'm sure that it will raise my ranking of the park at least one percentage point.I personally love the theme of DHS along with the thrill rides but the park just has too many old,tired attractions and shows and I've never been a fan of Fantasmic.AK will probably have to have major changes for it to get out of the fourth spot,I'm just not a fan of the theme or atmosphere overall,there's no main street with shops like in the other parks,for example I've always thought the entrance to the park although nice just doesn't have a Disney feel,it really feels like a zoo to me,if they would have put a village style area with shops and places to eat it would have just changed the feel of the park for me.If and when they do finish Avatar and it's a greatly themed area with good rides then I will enjoy the park more,I know the park has good attractions you don't find in zoos like Everest which is a very good attraction,I just think the layout and atmosphere does have a zoo feel along with that the park rarely opens after dark just makes it my least favorite park.

Rank the parks from favorite to not so favorite...
For me this list has changed many times over the years but after my last trip this is how I rank them (as a 23 year old thrill rider)
Hollywood Studios
Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
EPCOT
How do you rank them?

We are very similar. :thumbsup2 It changed after our first year, and our picks are very close to yours:

After our first ever visit 2010:
Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Hollywood Studios
EPCOT

After our 2nd and 3rd visit, 2011, and 2012:
Magic Kingdom
Hollywood Studios (a very close 2nd to MK)
Animal Kingdom
EPCOT

Dan

Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios

That is the list for the REST of my family.

I am:

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom

#1 MK
#2 Epcot
#3 HS
#4 AK

Ditto.

The sad thing is, HS and AK could be so much cooler.

HS would be a lot better if it had a couple of things that they already have at DCA (e.g., Cars and Indiana Jones rides) plus at least one additional Pixar-themed attraction that is unique to HS (e.g., Monsters Inc. etc.). I'd get rid of both stunt shows, Studio Backlot Tour and possibly American Idol.

While I love the theming at AK, the park is just too lacking of great attractions. The way they should have done the park is with a land for each continent in addition to just Africa and Asia. Each continent could have its own (1) ride attraction and (2) nature walk (with animals indigenous to that continent).

Africa: Kilimanjaro Safari + nature trail (basically, keep it as is)
Asia: EE + nature trail (basically, keep existing attractions)
North America: Kali River Rapids redone like Grizzly River Run + nature trail
South America: put this where Dinoland is now and re-theme Dinosaur to an Amazon jungle adventure ride + nature trail
Australia: put where Camp-Minnie Mickey/FOLK is and have a Great Barrier Reef attraction that is an underwater ride through real sea life that is sort of Kilmanjaro Safari's meets 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (how cool would that be) + nature trail
Europe: AK version of Matterhorn Bobsleds + nature trail

MK- so magical!!
HS
Epcot
AK

Epcot & AK are really close tie, but I like Epcot a little better because of world showcase

Epcot - I could spend days in World Showcase
M.K. - A very close second
A.K. - A beautiful park, but like other have said, it needs more attractions
H.S. - I just find this park has been neglected. I love RnR, ToT, Star Tours and TSMM though:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter