Random things at Disney that bring tears to your eyes?

Well, we've only been once. Here is a partial list of the things that choked me up...

Seeing the CMs at the Magical Express counter at the airport waving at us with their big Mickey gloves.

Pulling into POP and hearing "Welcome Home".

Driving under the Magic Kingdom sign for the first time.

The opening show at Magic Kingdom.

Seeing the castle.

Seeing the Magic, Memories and You castle show.

Seeing Wishes.

Just seeing the joy and excitement on my kids' faces all day, every day that we were there.

Seeing my daughter cry the day we left. Also the CM who came running over and wanted to know why the princess was crying.

My 11 year old son buying my 8 year old daughter a stuffed animal she wanted but didn't have money for, and handing it to her while saying "After all, this is the place where dreams come true."

Your post just made me tear up!

Seeing the castle for the first time each trip with my DD...tears my up. My DH even makes fun of me before we get there asking how many times I will cry. Our first trip my DD almost 4 told me when we saw the show on stage that "Mommy I dont have to watch my movies anymore, all my friends are here". Watching Wishes and my DD telling me she got her magic back cause she was able to set off the fireworks. Getting of Star Tours and Lorelei saying how are we going to get back to Disney when we are in outerspace.
Most embarrassing for me was we had gone to Tusker House for breakfast (Donald is my hero) and it was our last day there (on our first visit). The CM had given us passes for Nemo to get in the front for any show for a week. We werent able to use them so at checkout I gave them to the CM at the desk to give to the next family of 3 that came in so they would have a little pixie dust to start with. I don't know how I sounded cause I was blubbering like a small child while I was trying to get it out. Such mix of emotions as we were leaving.
And my most tearful moment was the moment my DD realized we were leaving last year
LoreleileavingDisney2010-1.jpg

:tinker: Just being there and seeing all the characters is usually what tears me up. Leaving is the hardest part for me, and I cry a whole lot. I just wish I could move into Disney world and live there forever!

Walking down Main Street and seeing the Castle.
The look on my DD's face the first time she saw the castle.
My DD meeting the princesses.
Spectro Magic parade and again the look on DD face.
My DD on the last night we left she cried so I joined in.

Love this THREAD!
As a single mom traveling with my DD when she was younger always made me nervous about separation etc. So for our 1st trip together...
On my DD's 1st flight to Disney for our 1st Mother daughter trip we flew Southwest. Asked the crew if there was anything they did for 1st flights.
Was asked if we were in a hurry.... No I was traveling with a 7 yo
Asked if we could wait for everyone to disembark from plane... Sure
Pilot and crew waited for my DD and let her sit in the cockpit! Gave her a certificate! The look on her face was priceless and such a great way to start our trip to WDW.

100_0716.jpg

100_0715.jpg

All of the things you mention do it everytime...
ME at the airport
Seeing the Sign
Castle
Wishes
Kids and Characters
343832817110_0_ALB.jpg

But last trip we were with frieds for all girls trip all Mothers / Daughters.
3 adults, 3 kids DD 10, DD friend 9, DD friend 2
We were getting off plane to go to our Happy Place and I captured this...
101_3085.jpg

Probably not what you were talking about, but missing the step down from my bus seat and falling against the railing in front of the seat and getting 2 huge bruises brought tears to my eyes.

I'm sitting here crying while reading all of these. Great moments! Here's what I came up with (and I can't wait to come up with more in a week!):

First seeing a waving, smiling cast member wearing a Mickey glove at Orlando International Airport, greeting us and welcoming us to Florida

Hearing the Magical Express bus driver say welcome home as we drive under the Walt Disney World arch

Driving under the Walt Disney World arch

First bus ride to the Magic Kingdom.

Hearing the music and announcement saying you've reached the Magic Kingdom

First monorail ride

Seeing the castle in all it's glory for the first time that trip

First hug from Mickey Mouse

First ride on Space Mountain

First ride on The Haunted Mansion

Saying hello to Master Gracey when entering the Haunted Mansion (it adds an extra chill down your spine...or that may be the air conditioning :lmao: )

First ride on Peter Pan's Flight (I have a VERY special memory on that ride. When I was young, my family did the family magic tour. It was my mom, grandparents and me. I'm an only child and I was the ONLY only child on the tour. When we met Peter Pan at the end of it, he found out I was the only one without a brother or sister to ride with. He took my hand and walked with me right to the ride and he road it WITH me. I don't remember the stories he told me but I remember riding it with him :wizard: )

The first time I see the welcome show for the Magic Kingdom each trip

Hearing the beginning of Wishes

The conversation I had last year with Princess Aurora (she asked me how old I was turning when she saw my birthday button. I told her 19 and she asked me if a prince had stolen my heart yet. When I said no, she responded "well, be sure he fights dragons for you". STILL makes me cry)

Seeing the Headless Horseman ride by (because I'm morbid like that :rolleyes1)

The end of the American Adventure film with the 9/11 things added in. That was an event I've lived through and it NEVER fails to make me cry

Riding on Test Track for the first time

Getting chosen for the Backlot Tour's Harbor Attack (I'm an actress and I've NEVER done anything with water or for that many people (I live in a small town and we never get audiences that big) and it was AMAZING to be asked to do it. He asked me and my mom if one of us would like to do it and she said "She's an actress." and he picked me)

The Little Mermaid show (I literally AM Ariel...well...I think that...sometimes...even if I AM turning 20 and Ariel's 16... :rolleyes1 anyway, this show makes me just realize it even more and I always cry. My mom really did last year before I left for seven months at theater school, especially at the end...and actually I'm Rapunzel...with red hair ;) ).

Prince Caspian call me "Katie, the Princess of Pennsylvania" (this was a few years ago but it STILL makes me cry thinking about it)

The Nemo show. (A single parent with one child? That's my life. it ALWAYS chokes me up)

Last time seeing the castle

Getting on the Magical Express bus to go back to the airport

Taking off to head home

Seeing the Castle for the first time at WDW. Last year was our first year at WDW and when I saw the Castle I turned to my DH and said " Thank you". He looked puzzled and said "For what?". I then went on to explain to him that ever since I was a little girl I wanted to go to Florida and visit WDW, and that he had made my dreams come true. I must admit I got teary seeing the Castle this year as well...and I fully expect the same thing to happen when we go next year :goodvibes

You guys cry too much.

I remember the first time when my kids were little. There's this song that they play on the TV screen while they display the itinerary for the next day. That song is very nostalgic. I forget that I'm grown with that song.

Also, the finally show at EPCOT doesn't make me want to cry, but it does make you want to hug a stranger. (Or run the 100. I mean, it's so Olympic!)

Oh, and the second time we went, my youngest was walking into ASMo and he said "I can't believe we're back!" That was cool.

But here's something that I am really thinking about: When my sons first came to WDW, I was nervous that they may not like it. I mean, they were young and never been on simulation rides before. I didn't know if they were going to be traumatized by certain rides. But they loved it!

Well we will return next year for Spring Break. By that time, my youngest will be 12 and my oldest will be almost 14. The last couple of years they were at US/IOA and now they're bored with it. Last year, they were on a Disney cruise and loved it. In a couple of weeks, we're on our way to Mexico.

So... will WDW still be wonderful for them? I mean, I'm kinda nervous that this trip may be the last for a while. If they still love it, we'll be back. But if they are kinda 'eh' about it- we'll have to wait.

But I'll let you guys know.

I will tell ya, I am 39 Years old and on our first trip It was overwhelming Disney was much much more than I had expected.:thumbsup2

Our First trip was 3 years ago and my dd was 9 I teared up every-time I seen her run from place to place , and then when she seen her first character, she cried , I cried and my DW cried but it was a great feeling.:confused3

But Nothing and I mean nothing makes me cry more than when I seen the night parade on our first trip, The look in my DD and my DW's eyes alone made me understand the magic of Disney(there really is Magic there)....It is really hard to understand where the feeling in Disney comes from. I like to say it is Walt...others have other things but the best thing about Disney is this for me and thinking of this chokes me up a bit,,, I have heard so many stories about Disney and so many Different things making it magical for Different people that I have come to this conclusion "The Magic is in our hearts and how we act with our families, Walt just provided us with a place to not be afraid to express it."

But all in all the biggest thing that makes me cry about Disney is not being there....

Moonpie, can I ask if your adoption celebration is for your DS?

Mine was sitting with my DD a couple of years ago on her first trip to WDW, 5 years old. We went to DTD the first night for dinner and she was so excited because she want to tell her teacher that she made it Disney, on her first try!

My DD yes :goodvibes

Ok... I, too, am all choked up and crying now. I love that I'm not alone in my feelings for Disney! The things that get me crying are:
The Big White Mickey Hand Gloves the CMs use at the airport

I LOVE those Mickey Gloves. On one trip, the CM didn't have any Mickey Gloves and I actually went up to him and asked "Where are your gloves"? On that trip, the charm I got for my necklace was a white Mickey Glove!

You wanna see a grown man cry? Go thanksgiving week this year. It will be the first time i've seen my daughters since me and my wife separated over a year ago. We would go to wdw every thanksgiving prior, so this will be a VERY emotional trip for me.

This is my 10 year old saying goodbye till next time... Her tears made me cry!
101_3474.jpg

Sitting at the airport after the crazy dash to get through security and the realization hits you that after all your hard work to pull off the trip your finally on your way back to the happiest place on Earth.

Illuminations, gets me every time.

How my 8 year old was speechless when she met Ariel for the first time.

When Mickey took my 3 year old by the hand and went for a little walk at Animal Kingdom. She was soooo excited.

The overall magical feeling you get no matter where you are :wizard: I love Disney

And just thinking about how excited I am to go back even though it's almost a year away

apart from all the other things mentioned above - the thing that actually did bring me to tears was the flag retreat at MK - and I am not even an American.

Tracey

Oh my, my tears start when we drive to Florida and we cross into the state line. I tear up, because I feel fortunate to be there and never know if I'll be back. I tear up at practically everything at Disney. We were just there and I was crying while at Downtown Disney when the CM's had a Princess Parade with all the girls dressed up from BBB. I couldn't stop the tears and I didn't even have a girl in the parade!

Everything about Disney touches me. Lots of good memories as a child with my siblings and parents (who are no longer here). I just want my kids to have the same experiences and great memories as I did. Only thing....my kids are going to talk about how mom cried during all our vacations! Happy tears of course.

Opening my Visa bill when we get back home!:goodvibes:

Sorry, had to do it...

Wishes
Kids screaming when we pass under the sign because we surprised them all the way down there (pulled it off three time now:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter